Boltus and two receivers

Floyd

Never heard of him either but looked at the stats and the one good year he had he was pretty much identical in stats with Calvin Johnson....

Kind of odd that he hasn't been on a team in 2 seasons after being fairly productive...

interesting.. curious as to why that is.. too big for his britches or injuries?

Solid hands, tried to cash in on a decent season in free agency when he signed with the Rams but he got hurt, went back to Jacksonville and got hurt again, and was out of the league pretty quick. Had two, seven touchdown seasons while with the Jags, which is not an easy feat on a team like that.

He's a journeyman. Most journeymen don't amount to much, I'm afraid.

Haven't we been pining for free agents and guys who have been in the CFL?

Too true.

Sorry, but Boltus is not my idea of a great free agent signing, c'mon. Now, Graham Harrell if he's available... THAT'S a free agent worth pursuing. Or one of the CFL young buck back up qbs. THOSE are free agents.

Solid hands, tried to cash in on a decent season in free agency when he signed with the Rams but he got hurt, went back to Jacksonville and got hurt again, and was out of the league pretty quick. Had two, seven touchdown seasons while with the Jags, which is not an easy feat on a team like that.

hopefully he doesnt pan out like the argos last few nfl calibre receivers who ventured up here..

Too true.

Sorry, but Boltus is not my idea of a great free agent signing, c'mon. Now, Graham Harrell if he's available... THAT'S a free agent worth pursuing. Or one of the CFL young buck back up qbs. THOSE are free agents.

What has Graham Harrell ever done?  He just lost his job to Vince Young, who is basically the off the couch Michael Bishop of the NFL.  Harrell is at about the same level as Boltus as a pro.

Too true.

In the bombers defense, I think they were just going after a warm body quickly to fill the 3rd spot while Pierce or Hall can't dress since they need 3 on the sidelines.  I don't think they expect anything great from this guy.

Too true.

Technically, a young CFL backup is NOT a free agent at all.

Iso, you're basically expecting Rome to be built in a day.

The other WR signing appears to be former Ticat Aaron Kelly.  Wow whats with all the former Ticats??

Bellefeuille's going with what he knows... former Ticats that at least I am hoping, he felt never got a fair shake to make their mark. 

For the record, I prefer this approach to "Avoid other CFL cuts because they weren't good enough to make someone else's team."  It may or may not pay off, but at least you would have to think Bellefeuille has a reason to bring these guys in.  You wouldn't think he would bring in guys he didn't like, or didn't think would ever make it in the CFL.

Change for the sake of making change.  The entire offensive philosophy needs to be redeveloped here before a couple of new receivers are going to make any valuable difference to this team's success, short or long term

Yep, but I figure the rest of this season is pretty much TC anyway.

So...QB Boltus, K Brody McKnight, WR Aaron Kelly, and Mike Sims-Walker....is every one feeling a little more optimistic now ?

You know, these signings remind me of the way we used to conduct business. i.e., if there seems to be a problem, bring in somebody to take a look.

You never know when you're going to tag that long ball when you're only expecting a bunt.

So yes, I'm more optimistic, not necessarily for these particular guys...but for the thought that we're looking at improvement.

If this is an example of what Miller, MB the apparent heir to the HC , Walters have to offer then can we appoint them to the BoD at the same time and make the circus into a zoo?

because someone else would have done more by now?  Seriously what were you expecting?  Tom Brady and Matt Ryan to come waltzing in to Winnipeg?  It's going to take some patience and an entire off-season to rebuild this team.  Let's see what shows up for training camp in 2014, as this season is done.