Bomber injury updates

Gordon and Collins could play? I like it.

You think they would activate Gordon? I think Veltung might make more sense if Adams can't play this week.

I don't know why Veltung would make more sense to some folks, Veltung was hardly a consideration at receiver throughout camp and likely wouldn't even be on the roster if not for the fact Stoudermire AND Carlos Anderson both got hurt - meanwhile, Gordon ran with the 1s and 2s almost all camp.

Maybe Veltung is a better game performer than practice performer, that definitely does happen with guys now and then, but Gordon still looked impressive and if he and Willy can get some chemistry, he could be dangerous.

Greaves looks to be the weak link but I wouldn't touch the O line right now.  They need some time to play together to get better as a unit.  Neufeld might be a better choice than Goosen as the utility guy because he's played tackle before, but that's as far as I'd go right now.

I'd much rather the utility guy be someone who can snap the ball when none of our other OL have that experience.

But what happens if a tackle gets hurt in game... I don't think Goossen, Greaves, or Chungh have ever player tackle...

Goossen has played tackle, guard and center from what I remember leading up to his draft day.  I believe he started at tackle in his senior year at SFU.

Turner and Adams (Darvin) injured apparently. I doubt Collins is activated seeing as tho he's still on the 6 game, Not sure tho, would he be able to practice if he was on the 6 game even? Did they silently remove him and stoudemire from the 6 game? I think stoudemire getting in this week is a lot more likely than Collins, I'd imagine if Turner can't go and it is just day 1, maybe Harlan gets more reps as does thomas. Can they even pull Collins and Stoudemire off the 6 game? 

I could be wrong but i think you can pull as many people as you want off of the 6-game. But there's a limit to how many you can do before having to pay their salary for the time they're off?

You have to pay their salary no matter what. You are allowed to take one player off the 6 game early without the previous games while on the 6 game counting against the cap. Stoudermire would likely be our first half exemption if he is back this week and Collins (on a rookie contract) we would likely activate, if healthy, and just eat his cap hit for the last 3 games. No matter what though, they are paid their salary in full while on the 6 game.

Turner and Adams (Darvin) injured apparently. I doubt Collins is activated seeing as tho he's still on the 6 game, Not sure tho, would he be able to practice if he was on the 6 game even? Did they silently remove him and stoudemire from the 6 game? I think stoudemire getting in this week is a lot more likely than Collins, I'd imagine if Turner can't go and it is just day 1, maybe Harlan gets more reps as does thomas. Can they even pull Collins and Stoudemire off the 6 game?

I could be wrong but i think you can pull as many people as you want off of the 6-game. But there's a limit to how many you can do before having to pay their salary for the time they're off?

You have to pay their salary no matter what. You are allowed to take one player off the 6 game early without the previous games while on the 6 game counting against the cap. Stoudermire would likely be our first half exemption if he is back this week and Collins (on a rookie contract) we would likely activate, if healthy, and just eat his cap hit for the last 3 games. No matter what though, they are paid their salary in full while on the 6 game.

I knew that but for some reason did not say it

Gordon and Collins could play? I like it.

You think they would activate Gordon? I think Veltung might make more sense if Adams can't play this week.

I don't know why Veltung would make more sense to some folks, Veltung was hardly a consideration at receiver throughout camp and likely wouldn't even be on the roster if not for the fact Stoudermire AND Carlos Anderson both got hurt - meanwhile, Gordon ran with the 1s and 2s almost all camp.

Maybe Veltung is a better game performer than practice performer, that definitely does happen with guys now and then, but Gordon still looked impressive and if he and Willy can get some chemistry, he could be dangerous.

I think Veltung has made the most of his chances and has done a pretty good job as a returner and receiver. Maybe he continues to get better given more opportunity . He is definitely what you'd call a skilled player. Speed, quickness, seems to be able to catch the ball. Gordon hasn't really proved much except for how to piss Willy off running the wrong route ;)

On the CJOB Coach's show, O'Shea said Neufeld has a chance of being on this week's roster, and Stoudermire is very close to returning, but will only be getting cleared to practice this week so could be a couple weeks away still.

Turner and Adams (Darvin) injured apparently.

So this week we're just taking the word of the coach and players and doctors about which players are injured?  Just accepting their version of "the truth"?

Adams was dead on the field.  Dead.  Doug Brown saw it.  He sits further away from the field than I do, but he knows what happened.  If you don't believe they used a defibrillator on Adams to bring him back from the dead, Doug Brown has a bridge to sell you. The only reason they haven't said he was dead is because he was.  His eyes were open, just like a dead person.  He got hit in the chest.  That's where the heart is.  You can't get hit in the heart and not be dead.

It's like none of you care about the players.  If the coach allows Stoudamire to ever play football again, he's a monster.  You all are a bunch of monsters.

Greaves looks to be the weak link but I wouldn't touch the O line right now.  They need some time to play together to get better as a unit.  Neufeld might be a better choice than Goosen as the utility guy because he's played tackle before, but that's as far as I'd go right now.

I'd much rather the utility guy be someone who can snap the ball when none of our other OL have that experience.

But what happens if a tackle gets hurt in game... I don't think Goossen, Greaves, or Chungh have ever player tackle...

What happens if the centre gets hurt and you have no one who has any experience snapping?  QB-Centre exchange is priority #1, can't do anything without it.

Goossen played all three positions on the OL in college and Neufeld can play centre.

Have you ever seen him take reps there? I know it was suggested by a few people (myself being one) that a move to centre would probably be the best career move/way for the team to use him offseason, but I've never seen him there.

In an interview last year he said he can play centre and I've seen him take reps at centre in practice and training camp, but mostly on the side or during drills, not scrimmage.