Summer Recruiting

BigBlue

Greg Carr was a midseason recruit. Derek Armstrong too, though he'd already had some CFL time with Saskatchewan so he probably doesn't count.

There was that emergency during 2013 when we lost both our starting tackles and brought in Dan Knapp and Jarvis Jones on like three days notice. Both guys played pretty well for us their first game vs. Edmonton tho we lost in overtime -- I think that was Burke's kneeldown game and also the game that exiled Goltz to Burke's doghouse for good.

Both Knapp and Jones stuck around after the emergency was over, they were with us in 2014.

Greg Carr was a midseason recruit. Derek Armstrong too, though he'd already had some CFL time with Saskatchewan so he probably doesn't count.

There was that emergency during 2013 when we lost both our starting tackles and brought in Dan Knapp and Jarvis Jones on like three days notice. Both guys played pretty well for us their first game vs. Edmonton tho we lost in overtime -- I think that was Burke's kneeldown game and also the game that exiled Goltz to Burke's doghouse for good.

Both Knapp and Jones stuck around after the emergency was over, they were with us in 2014.

I was thinking the same thing.  A vet picked up mid-season stands more of a chance to start than a rookie does.  If a guy like Rennie Curran gets tired of waiting for another NFL shot, he could easily join a team at any point in the season and be starting shortly after.

One would think that a team is constantly evolving....looking to improve and constantly upgrade talent.

It seems MOS wanted to stand pat with his July 1 2014 roster last year until forced to change

That seems to be the case for the last couple of year.  The air-lifts of 5-6 players seem to have become a thing of the past.