CFL Week 2 Other Games - CGY at MTL / BC at OTT / TOR at SSK

some people post at unusual times sometimes 1 am . night shift, got in late, or trouble sleeping I guess.

Different time zones explain much.
Yep. I live in Hawaii.

Which just makes your great T.C. coverage all the more amazing.

Yep, I'm super hardcore. I fly in every day for TC, then fly back to Hawaii in the afternoon.

Fun game to watch.

Montreal Gazette

"Cato’s job was made easier by the fact the Als, finally, discovered a running game and stuck with it. Tyrell Sutton was merely brilliant, gaining 134 yards on 25 carries. Montreal, it seems, hasn’t run the ball this much since the days of Mike Pringle. Of course, Sutton made the calls easier to make, the Als frequently in second and short yardage situations.

“Run the ball. There you go,” Sutton said. “How many turnovers did we have? How many yards? When you run the ball it opens up the passing game.”

Wow.  I'm blown away by the way Montreal beat up Calgary tonight.  We're in deep trouble next week against that defence with Brohm at QB.  We might be in deep trouble against Cato for that matter.

If our defence plays the same against Montreal as it did against Hamilton, Tommy Chong at quarterback could win.

So BC loses this game too then I'm gonna guess.  I think the Leos are in big trouble this year.

I wouldn't like to make any more predictions for a bit. Who would have bet on the Redblacks and Montreal winning and the Bombers getting stomped that badly?

So Cato with zero cfl experience can pick up a blitz and throw for a td on his first drive ever... Yet. We can't put Marve on the field despite Brohm havinga a fair amount of play time over the course of two plus years???

Brohm and Bellefeuille are dating.

Enough of this _ _ _ _ already.

So Cato with zero cfl experience can pick up a blitz and throw for a td on his first drive ever... Yet. We can't put Marve on the field despite Brohm havinga a fair amount of play time over the course of two plus years???

Congratulations on making comparisons on two completely different situations and trying to equate Cato's success with what Marve would have done.

Montreal out-game-planned Calgary and Hamilton out-game-planned us. That's where the comparisons should end.

Congratulations on making comparisons on two completely different situations and trying to equate Cato's success with what Marve would have done.

Montreal out-game-planned Calgary and Hamilton out-game-planned us. That's where the comparisons should end.

Marve has the arm strength to complete a pass. Brohm doesn't. That's where the conversation should end.

Marve has the arm strength to complete a pass. Brohm doesn't. That's where the conversation should end.

I guess you know more than Kyle Walters and Danny McManus about arm strength then. Because when Brohm was signed Walters said: "Danny played a huge role in this. Danny, who was with (Brohm) in training camp last year, could speak to some of the qualities that you couldn't find on the brief film. Danny likes his arm strength, talked about his escapability and things, but more importantly, Danny talked about the type of young man he is and the leadership he has, how he brings up everyone around him... a great person to have in the organization."

I guess you know more than Kyle Walters and Danny McManus about arm strength then. Because when Brohm was signed Walters said: "Danny played a huge role in this. Danny, who was with (Brohm) in training camp last year, could speak to some of the qualities that you couldn't find on the brief film. Danny likes his arm strength, talked about his escapability and things, but more importantly, Danny talked about the type of young man he is and the leadership he has, how he brings up everyone around him... a great person to have in the organization."

Maybe that speaks more about Danny than Brohm

"but more importantly, Danny talked about the type of young man he is"

so being of good character is the number one quality our players have to have?

Is that it? More important than ability to play?

Hope not.

ottawa v. B.C.

Burris is absolutely horrible.

thrown three that should have been picked off first quarter, and one that was.

Williams just took one to the house but got called back for a hold. Seems to have lost a bit of that speed he had. 

I will add this tho, after watching the other teams play, I think the O's are pretty similar across the league, Very very similar but the D's are definitely not.

Maybe it's talent or maybe it's the scheme but our D seems to be playing a little too soft out there, i think it's scheme more than talent tho. Not sure Hall is putting our D guys in the best position to succeed out there. 

None of the other teams seem to be play 5 or 10 yards off the receivers like we do.