Brian Brohm has ...

Yeah I just don't get the Marve hate around here. Like he was supposed to fail, but didn't, and its pissing people off.

I have watched Marve now all last year, and in the Toronto pre-season game. This kid needs reps. The talent is there.

That being said, I'm not overly upset that he didn't get thrown into the Tiger-Cat den yesterday. The whole O-line seemed to forget how to block for some reason.

No one here hates Marve.  And you all should know that by now considering we've stated that we like Marve many times throughout this thread.  17 is right, we're tired of listening to the fan boys around here who are so sure that Marve is THE guy.  We've all heard it before.  People crying for Elliot, Brink, Goltz, Dinwiddie, LeFors, etc, etc, etc...  All of whom were heralded as the next big thing.  And where are they now?  The coaches pick who they want to play in what order and they stick to it.  They're not going to be wishy washy because some fans are going banana's.  You guys are whining about "why didn't they put him in in the last quarter"?  Why?  Ask yourself this...why, after they scored all those touchdowns, didn't Collaros come out of the game except for the last couple of minutes?  They were far enough ahead by the time the fourth quarter rolled around.  Why not put in Mathews to get him some practice?  Because Collaros is their guy.  Just like if Willy goes down, they decided Brohm was their guy.  They weren't going to win by putting Marve into the fourth quarter, so the smart thing to do is get your second string as many reps as he can get.

I think Brohm could be a poor mans Kevin Glenn. Brohm does have a quick release.

The fact that his ceiling is a bad version of Kevin Glenn is all i need to know. The real Kevin Glenn isn't overly impressive.

Not to mention Glenn throws the ball well on most nights. He is one of my favourite passers to watch in the entire league, just due to his technique.

Brohm uses terrible mechanics to produce awful results.

Too lazy to read the whole thread. So who do we think should start next week? :-)

A "we want Marve!" chant last night says it all I think. Is Brohm Bellefeuille's Boltus 2.0? I think so. I can't really understand how anyone could possibly defend Brohm's performace last night, he just has no tools whatsoever it seems like.

If Marve has first team reps this week and playcalls are designed to his strengths he may definitely surprise. The QBs have to be put on the field to show their worth, look at Cato tonight. He's killing it in Calgary. There's nothing worse than watching CFL coach stubbornness who go with their guys through thick and thin no matter how poorly they perform. 

This is the way it is with O'Shea, in the post game interview he said that they would give as many reps. as possible to Brohm as #2 just as they did Willy last year.  Translation: Until Brohm is injured and unable to continue Marve is not getting playing time regardless of the score. 

Too lazy to read the whole thread. So who do we think should start next week? :-)

A "we want Marve!" chant last night says it all I think. Is Brohm Bellefeuille's Boltus 2.0? I think so. I can't really understand how anyone could possibly defend Brohm's performace last night, he just has no tools whatsoever it seems like.

If Marve has first team reps this week and playcalls are designed to his strengths he may definitely surprise. The QBs have to be put on the field to show their worth, look at Cato tonight. He's killing it in Calgary. There's nothing worse than watching CFL coach stubbornness who go with their guys through thick and thin no matter how poorly they perform. 

This is the way it is with O'Shea, in the post game interview he said that they would give as many reps. as possible to Brohm as #2 just as they did Willy last year.  Translation: Until Brohm is injured and unable to continue Marve is not getting playing time regardless of the score. 

I truly hope you are wrong about Brohm continuing to play. I was thinking last night at the game that perhaps they were testing Brohm much like a baseball manager tests his pitcher. Can he fight his way out of the jam he's in?? The answer, with regards to Brohm, is no. I, like so many others posting on this thread, think that Brohms arm strength is simply not there. I thought his throws more often than not looked like a rookie's throws. Low in the dirt, high, causing his receiver to leap and stretch out, exposing him to injury. If Willy can't play Brohm will start, but I expect a short leash. Wait, I demand a short leash!!

Nice post unfortunately be prepared for at least 1 more half of Brohm even if he keeps slinging em in the dirt.

I fear that you are right. UGH. We could be in next year country by the August long weekend.

I fear that you are right. UGH. We could be in next year country by the August long weekend.

MTL.

CGY.

EDM.

BC

HAM.

TO

CGY

All before Labour Day.   Depending on when Willy returns you are probably right.

MB goes way b4 O'shea. The play calling was the issue with brohm last night. It really was. No run game at all. MB rthrew Brohm out in the deep end without a life jacket really. New QB comes in and all you see is pass pass pass pass pass. Should have been more of a hell 50 50 mix even of run and pass but was more like 99 to 1 percent. The O play calling did Brohm no favours at all. He wasn't good but at the same time his OC was just awful. Willy got the head shot but imo MB and Hall had concusions b4 the game started

Last year we were what 5-1 6-1 at one point and finished 7-11. When willy comes back. Probably miss 1 game we are 2-1 or 1-2 and people say it's next year country? Seriously? Slight over reactions. Willy might be out 1 or 2 games. Durant and Reilly are out the season really. Perspective people

I truly hope you are wrong about Brohm continuing to play. I was thinking last night at the game that perhaps they were testing Brohm much like a baseball manager tests his pitcher. Can he fight his way out of the jam he's in?? The answer, with regards to Brohm, is no. I, like so many others posting on this thread, think that Brohms arm strength is simply not there. I thought his throws more often than not looked like a rookie's throws. Low in the dirt, high, causing his receiver to leap and stretch out, exposing him to injury. If Willy can't play Brohm will start, but I expect a short leash. Wait, I demand a short leash!!

I learned to listen to O'Shea very carefully last year because he doesn't say much but everything he says, he means.  He is not ambiguous in any way.

MB goes way b4 O'shea. The play calling was the issue with brohm last night. It really was. No run game at all. MB rthrew Brohm out in the deep end without a life jacket really. New QB comes in and all you see is pass pass pass pass pass. Should have been more of a hell 50 50 mix even of run and pass but was more like 99 to 1 percent. The O play calling did Brohm no favours at all. He wasn't good but at the same time his OC was just awful. Willy got the head shot but imo MB and Hall had concusions b4 the game started

I get that you are royally PO'd at Bellefeuille, but even though the only way Brohm will get into the CFL Hall of Fame will be as a paying visitor, does the O-line coach not deserve to flogged publicly?

Logan... I'd have pulled Collaros in the 4th quarter to give the backup a quarter of reps and to make sure Collaros wasn't going to take any more abuse.  You and 17 should start supporting Marve and start hoping he's the real deal like a lot of folks around here. Support our 2nd best QB and hope he is better than Brohm because the alternative is that Brohm is our 2nd best QB and he's simply not good enough.

Logan... I'd have pulled Collaros in the 4th quarter to give the backup a quarter of reps and to make sure Collaros wasn't going to take any more abuse. You and 17 should start supporting Marve and start hoping he's the real deal like a lot of folks around here. Support our 2nd best QB and hope he is better than Brohm because the alternative is that Brohm is our 2nd best QB and he's simply not good enough.

I actually agree with this fully. Brohm isn't good at all but he wasn't the reason we got destroyed

Logan... I'd have pulled Collaros in the 4th quarter to give the backup a quarter of reps and to make sure Collaros wasn't going to take any more abuse. You and 17 should start supporting Marve and start hoping he's the real deal like a lot of folks around here. Support our 2nd best QB and hope he is better than Brohm because the alternative is that Brohm is our 2nd best QB and he's simply not good enough.

I actually agree with this fully. Brohm isn't good at all but he wasn't the reason we got destroyed

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Oh yeah that's right..so he calls running plays and they don't succeed against a hot Hamilton defence...you and most others would be up his ass for calling running plays when they are so far behind. Almost every offensive coordinator calls passing plays to try and get back in the game...that's the only way to try and score quickly!

Oh yeah that's right..so he calls running plays and they don't succeed against a hot Hamilton defence...you and most others would be up his ass for calling running plays when they are so far behind. Almost every offensive coordinator calls passing plays to try and get back in the game...that's the only way to try and score quickly!

They had 3 Q's to try to catch up or at least keep pace and it was obvious that the pass only approach was not working and rarely does.  Time is not their biggest problem if they aren't being productive.

I would like to see the Bombers revert to a default strategy when the O is struggling in an attempt to stabilize the situation.  This would put less emphasis on the QB's talents and focus on the running game by playing Cotton, Marshall and a FB at the same time pounding the ball down the field.  A blitz intensive team like Hamilton could be vulnerable to this attack especially if Cotton can break through the first line into the secondary. 

Hopefully over time this attack would loosen up the passing lanes so that they could return to a more balanced attack once the reeling stopped.  A positive side effect would be giving the D more time off the field to rest and regroup.

They had 3 Q's to try to catch up or at least keep pace and it was obvious that the pass only approach was not working and rarely does.  Time is not their biggest problem if they aren't being productive.

I would like to see the Bombers revert to a default strategy when the O is struggling in an attempt to stabilize the situation.  This would put less emphasis on the QB's talents and focus on the running game by playing Cotton, Marshall and a FB at the same time pounding the ball down the field.  A blitz intensive team like Hamilton could be vulnerable to this attack especially if Cotton can break through the first line into the secondary. 

Hopefully over time this attack would loosen up the passing lanes so that they could return to a more balanced attack once the reeling stopped.  A positive side effect would be giving the D more time off the field to rest and regroup.

Agreed. A solid running game means that the opposing D-line cannot pin their ears back on every play and charge the QB. Moreover, with at least one of the linebackers coming on every down, that ought to open up lots of room once the back clears the line.

Agreed. A solid running game means that the opposing D-line cannot pin their ears back on every play and charge the QB. Moreover, with at least one of the linebackers coming on every down, that ought to open up lots of room once the back clears the line.

Great, then it's unanimous!  You wouldn't happen to have Marcels's phone number would you?  I have a number of opinions I need to share with him.