Fire Richie Hall

Turner is a beast. He will get it going.,Anderson is probably playing paranoid and nervous to go all out yet.. He too is capable of more and we will see it..

It's also not like the olines we played against were crappy ones.. Saskabush is middle to high and hamiltons is probably one of the best..

Let's all step off the ledge a bit regarding the interior. We DO need a better push from the edge by at least one QB hunting DE..

I'm not sure where this idea that our DTs are "too small" started... most teams DTs are around 6'1-6'4 and around 290-300 lbs... obviously there's a few exceptions... Anderson is 6'3 297 and Collins is 6'2 294... however, I did notice that Turner is playing at 266 lbs this year (still 6'2, that hasn't changed for some reason :P )... which is surprising since I thought he was normally in the 280-285 range... 

anyways, point is, I don't think our DTs are too small...

I'm not sure where this idea that our DTs are "too small" started... most teams DTs are around 6'1-6'4 and around 290-300 lbs... obviously there's a few exceptions... Anderson is 6'3 297 and Collins is 6'2 294... however, I did notice that Turner is playing at 266 lbs this year (still 6'2, that hasn't changed for some reason :P )... which is surprising since I thought he was normally in the 280-285 range... 

anyways, point is, I don't think our DTs are too small...

I don't note the size of the guys we have as a factor, but I thought having someone who can play as a legit nose tackle would have probably eliminated some of those big runs Saskatchewan had.  Which is the game we won, so whatever.  Turner and Anderson seem to play a style that is athletic more than bulky bulldozerish, which creates the illusion of small.  Both of them are still big enough to use me as a shoehorn in a pinch.

The reason Doug Brown and Stan Mikawos were so effective was they pretty much occupied two blockers freeing up the DT beside them to beat a lineman one on one. I think unless they can duplicate that mismatch it leaves a smaller athletic Turner to be more often double teamed.

Sure would be nice to see nate Collins at DT. Think our current guys are too small. Both turner and Zach. Always thought Zach would be better as a DE tho. Not sure why.

Me neither, because Anderson is actually bigger than both Turner and Collins. He is 6'3 - 305 pounds and is the 4th largest DT in the league?!

The reason Doug Brown and Stan Mikawos were so effective was they pretty much occupied two blockers freeing up the DT beside them to beat a lineman one on one. I think unless they can duplicate that mismatch it leaves a smaller athletic Turner to be more often double teamed.

Also, last game I think it was Dunigan who stated that Anderson may be the most powerful guy in the league and that he squats over 900 lbs.

Is it rust on Anderson's part? Two bad games? Or has he lost a little something after his injury?

I think it's a combination of rust, and opposing OLinemen not being worn out yet. DLs as whole across the league seem to be struggling to get to the QB right now. I think that many teams are using a very vanilla defensive scheme while they figure out the impact of the rule changes. Makes it easier on the OL. I suspect that will change.

BTW, I need a magnifying glass to read your post.

@EhSportsOpinion: Another observation from Bomber practice: the defence aligned in a 3-4 numerous times and found success. Richie Hall is adjusting. #CFL

As long as one of the LB's is rushing on every play but if he's relying on a 3 man rush he needs to make a quick call to Chamblin to find out how well that worked out.

@EhSportsOpinion: Another observation from Bomber practice: the defence aligned in a 3-4 numerous times and found success. Richie Hall is adjusting. #CFL

Yeah to be fair, the D was having success during all of TC. How many people said they were looking like the strength of this team? Practice is practice....lets see what happens when the lights are on. Saying that, I'm glad they are at least attempting to figure it out.

So the 4 LB set would consist of Hurl, Bass, Randle and Newman?

I know they lined up with Briggs and Hurl in the middle of a 3-4 during training camp a few times.  The 3-4 has been practiced before, this isn't a new development.

From the LB crew they had last year Sherman had the most success rushing the QB and causing fumbles, I believe he had at least 5.

Who is this guy and can he please replace Paul Friesen?

Yes, he's already ahead of the other sports media in town..and he's new.

Who is this guy and can he please replace Paul Friesen?

gbill could but unfortunately he has to commute daily from Honolulu.

This is true.