Fire Richie Hall

New rules have gutted traditional zone Ds like Hall's... all of those need a rub or a pick here and there to slow down the receiver, can't do that now - so receivers just have too much speed by the time the DB is expected to react

That and our front seven is awful.

I thought contact was allowed within 5 yards of the los, has that changed?

New rules have gutted traditional zone Ds like Hall's... all of those need a rub or a pick here and there to slow down the receiver, can't do that now - so receivers just have too much speed by the time the DB is expected to react

Yup.  That's why you need man coverage now, Hall's bend-not-break zone has DBs sitting 5-10 yards back trying to 'read' the route

Part of it could be that Hurl and Randle are just in over their head...

Yup.  That's why you need man coverage now, Hall's bend-not-break zone has DBs sitting 5-10 yards back trying to 'read' the route

Again.. How is this hurls issue? Does he cover #1,2 or even 3rd option receivers? No. He did his job against the run and his blitzes were never his strong suit. Your concern is misguided.

Randle tho, I agree. He looks bad. Real bad at SAM. Dunno if that is due to him covering for others or just not his best position..

Again.. How is this hurls issue? Does he cover #1,2 or even 3rd option receivers? No. He did his job against the run and his blitzes were never his strong suit. Your concern is misguided.

Randle tho, I agree. He looks bad. Real bad at SAM. Dunno if that is due to him covering for others or just not his best position..

Ah yes, an MLB with no closing speed, just what every team wants.

Ah yes, an MLB with no closing speed, just what every team wants.

Hash mark to hash mark baby .. wait ..

Randle needs to go back to corner, put teague or newman at safety, adams stays at corner, legget goes to half, johnson stays at half,washington as dime. Bryant jr.and anderson need to be replaced, there's no inside push and they are to small, westerman gets a pass for half a season, peach needs to be a rotation player. Lb are a mess Hurl is terrible ,Bass is learning the game ,so we need another outside backer. Don't know what to do about the middle. 

Randle had 7 tackles in yesterday's game and is showing why he is an effective player. He is not the problem, but he can be part of the solution.

It's highly obvious, after 2 games, that we're ineffective on defence, and it can all be traced to not getting pressure on the QB. It does all stem from there. Is it good players caught in a bad system? Or a mixture of player performance and ineffective play calling?

It sure seems that we don't have key players on the front line to start. The LBs? Still early for them. The system? Only 2 games in but we're not doing anything that can be construed as encouraging.

We need a dynamic MLB who has a killer instinct who doesn't have to thump his chest to show how good he is.

We'll just know.

When Labbe was in, it wasn't hard to see he wasn't really that good. like the game in Montreal where their running back torched us with dump passes across the middle, pretty sure it was his spot. He just wasn't fast enough to cover the guy. They ran that play many times. 

when Henoc started, he seemed to whiff a few things here and there, but it was also obvious that he was fast strong and smart, learned quickly, and made a lot of plays.

I don't think you have to be learned in football to be able to see some of these things.

with the new guy, I haven't seen him do anything. I watched him try to blitz, didn't seem very effective, and I did notice him showing up a few times after the ball carrier was down.

Our D linemen just kind of bounce backwards and sideways when they hit the offensive lineman. Honestly, they look like their in the wrong league.

Ticats and Riders for that matter didn't really seem to be going after Hurl so much, they were going more after Bass or Randle, Randles 7 tackles indicates that a lot of plays went his way actually... I know in the rider game, the riders rarely to never ran at Hurl, they for the most part ran at Bass. Just cuz Hurl is the MLB, doesn't mean he's the guy missing plays. 

This is a personnel issue IMO.  Second straight year that Walters and the scouts whiffed on LB's and DL's.  Our only DL getting upfield consistently in the pass rush is Gibson.  Westerman can't beat anyone 1 on 1.  You could point to finer details and say it's been awhile for him both playing and playing Canadian rules, but the lack of ability to even compete 1 on 1 is extremely troubling.  Sadly I think my worst fear when we signed him is coming true, he's a 20-25 snap a game guy, not a guy who can play the majority of the game.  Bass is getting torched and everyone has the film so that will continue until he figures out how to play his position and force plays into the middle of the field while he works his way to the ball.

Blitzing has been useless, not even forcing the opposing QB to change his launch point and has often left our secondary out to dry.

Firing the coordinator would make no sense.

For starters, it was a horribly inept game for almost every Bomber player and coach, but lets not over-react just yet. Surely to God, this edition cannot be as bad as they looked last night, so lets wait two more games before we start rolling heads. That said, there are some glaring deficiencies in Brohm's game- no arm, slow as a glacier when he runs and he telegraphs his plays. And dammit, we ought to have been able to counter the 6 and 7 player rushers after a play or two.

Fire Richie Hall and hire one of Montreal's coaching staff like Kavis Reed, Keith Willis, or Chris Tormey to fix this defense.  It'll look like it did in 2011 again and Zac Collaros'll look mediocre because of it.

You can't hire a coach from someone else's staff after the season starts. No way would the other team let a coach go now.