Blow it up some more......

do or die

I've never been a fan of firing coaches during the season.  It certainly didn't work last year, and around the league there are very few cases where it does work.  Mack made a huge error in firing Lapo.

All of the top assistant coaches (potential candidates) are busy coaching with their teams, and they are locked up until the end of the year.  Bringing in someone on a temporary basis doesn't get a new plan in place to properly build a team going forward.  All it does is cost you a bigger pile of money, and creates the impression that the interim guy should "get a full shot with training camp and all".

I believe that as bad as it is, we're best to stick with the current coaches and, assuming there is no miracle, can them after the final game.

Firing now would be more about punishment rather than planning.

I've never been a fan of firing coaches during the season.  It certainly didn't work last year, and around the league there are very few cases where it does work.  Mack made a huge error in firing Lapo.

All of the top assistant coaches (potential candidates) are busy coaching with their teams, and they are locked up until the end of the year.  Bringing in someone on a temporary basis doesn't get a new plan in place to properly build a team going forward.  All it does is cost you a bigger pile of money, and creates the impression that the interim guy should "get a full shot with training camp and all".

I believe that as bad as it is, we're best to stick with the current coaches and, assuming there is no miracle, can them after the final game.

I normally agree with you but I've had it with the lack of accountability for Burke. No one seems to be taking him to task for the utter crap we've witnessed in his time as head coach. Hell there is no way he should have been hired based on last season let alone given the entire year this year yet hardly anyone is holding his feet over the fire for it. We went from a competitive team that played not to lose with Lapolice to a team that more often than not just rolled over and died with Burke. That's not all on the talent because a lot of it is the same talent. Now either Lapo was a great head coach or Burke is just that bad and I don't think Lapo is that great of a head coach.

I normally agree with you but I've had it with the lack of accountability for Burke. No one seems to be taking him to task for the utter crap we've witnessed in his time as head coach. Hell there is no way he should have been hired based on last season let alone given the entire year this year yet hardly anyone is holding his feet over the fire for it. We went from a competitive team that played not to lose with Lapolice to a team that more often than not just rolled over and died with Burke. That's not all on the talent because a lot of it is the same talent. Now either Lapo was a great head coach or Burke is just that bad and I don't think Lapo is that great of a head coach.

Isn't the best punishment making him play out this ****? Its not like firing him mid season will do anything but give him a paid vacation.

For everyone who says there's nobody to replace Burke ...

I'd give the job to Walters for the rest of the year.

Might be not that bad of a idea but with our lack of scouting department I think it would be best if he was out looking for players. 

Isnt there a difference between being the worst head coach ever and being coach of the worst team ever?

Yes there is.

He's certainly not the best coach of all time, but the group that's been given to him to lead is an absolute dumpster fire. Mack left him with little talent to work with, and Burke has made it worse by not surrounding himself with good coordinators. That's a recipe for a train wreck season.

Isnt there a difference between being the worst head coach ever and being coach of the worst team ever?

Yes there is.

He's certainly not the best coach of all time, but the group that's been given to him to lead is an absolute dumpster fire. Mack left him with little talent to work with, and Burke has made it worse by not surrounding himself with good coordinators. That's a recipe for a train wreck season.

Does Burke have any less talent than Mike Kelly did? Does he have less then Reinbold did? To me Burkes performance is less about what he's got to work with on the roster and everything to do with how out of his element he is as a head coach. The team got tremendously worse as soon as he took over, he can't make a decision to save his life, he horribly misjudged his preferences at quarterback (why do we all blame Mack when the coaches are the ones who ran Elliott out of town and expressed their love of Pierce)

Burke is just a terrible head coach and I don't think he'd win with any roster in this league. 

Yes there is.

Does Burke have any less talent than Mike Kelly did? Does he have less then Reinbold did? he horribly misjudged his preferences at quarterback (why do we all blame Mack when the coaches are the ones who ran Elliott out of town and expressed their love of Pierce)

None of them had much talent to work with.

He picked a bad qb over other bad qb's. We blame Mack for the qb issue b/c there were no good options on our roster this offseason to choose from. *edited*

Yes there is.

Does Burke have any less talent than Mike Kelly did? Does he have less then Reinbold did? he horribly misjudged his preferences at quarterback (why do we all blame Mack when the coaches are the ones who ran Elliott out of town and expressed their love of Pierce)

He picked a bad qb over other bad qb's. We blame Mack for the qb issue b/c there were no good options on our roster this offseason to choose from. *edited*

That's a pathetic comparison!!!!!!! and a ahole comment!!!!

Yes there is.

He picked a bad qb over other bad qb's. We blame Mack for the qb issue b/c there were no good options on our roster this offseason to choose from.*edited*

That's a pathetic comparison!!!!!!! and a ahole comment!!!!

I agree... pretty dickheaded comment

He picked a bad qb over other bad qb's. We blame Mack for the qb issue b/c there were no good options on our roster this offseason to choose from.*edited*

but at least Elliott and Brink had shown that they could win with this team. Hell Elliott showed a lot of good things in this offense compared to everyone else who has done the job the last few seasons. Burke didn't make the right choice and that's on him. Part of being a good coach is making those correct calls evaluating players. It was a big failing of Jim Daley and apparently Burke falls in the same category. 

but at least Elliott and Brink had shown that they could win with this team. Hell Elliott showed a lot of good things in this offense compared to everyone else who has done the job the last few seasons. Burke didn't make the right choice and that's on him. Part of being a good coach is making those correct calls evaluating players. It was a big failing of Jim Daley and apparently Burke falls in the same category. 

I agree he made the wrong choice, I just wanted to point out I don't think any of them are all that good. I've said many times I'm not a big believer in Elliott, but we should have made somebody beat him out first. I really wanted to see a qb competition between two of Porter, McPherson, Brink, Elliott, or Reilly.

I'm with you that he's not wrapping himself in glory as a HC, but IMO you're doing too much to absolve Mack of his responsibility for this mess. It's on him more than just a bad choice in coaches.

The only upside with Walters is that he's the head cheese now, maybe players will respond differently to him than dead man walking. From a coaching stand point though, this does nothing to improve evaluating players as some are suggesting that get rid of Burke would accomplish.