Blow it up some more......

do or die

Burke is done.

He has no part of the game going forward.

You can almost understand the O moving abysmally, but the defence should have been figured out with his direct input.

The defence should have been on fire, blitzing and stunting and playing tight coverage.

It was a fail right from the start. 

Boo Creehan, boo Burke.

The only credible guy right now could be available.  Wade Miller has to call Mark Cohon and seek permission to speak with Tom Higgins about the open GM and HC position.  I;m sure the league can operate without a head of officiating for a few months. The has to be someone in the league office who can assume he responsibilities   Give him a 3 year contract at $400,000 a year and full reigns of the football operations.  

Walters is a great guy but he's just not ready to take on the  job of the GM. 

Wade...get er done.

And how do you know Walters is not ready? He may be more ready than you think he is...certainly can't do any worse at this point!

Ah, here we go again. Yeah, let's just make  Walter, another personnel guy with no experience our GM. Let him learn on the job & make mistakes. After all, it's the Bomber Way. And why we keep losing.

Not to defend Clean house after the Sask games...  Only coaching survivors should be Dickenson and Bellefuille, replace everyone else as soon as bodies become available

Are you suggesting we finish the season with 2 coaches because I can't see anyone wanting to come in for half a season or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Really, there's nobody else.

And his newly crafted offence certainly didn't have a hand in our losing the game. 

OTOH, hmm

With Hall going out when he did, we're left with no idea of what may have happened.

Of course with our defence playing 17 pts. and out, it wouldn't have mattered.

Even Dave Dickenson would fail with the group we have now. Judging Bellefeuille's play calling & offense with the hand he's been dealt isn't fair. Needs more time. What I would like to see is Burke firing Creehan & he takes over the defense himself. Then leave the coaches alone until the off season. 

Even Dave Dickenson would fail with the group we have now. Judging Bellefeuille's play calling & offense with the hand he's been dealt isn't fair. Needs more time. What I would like to see is Burke firing Creehan & he takes over the defense himself. Then leave the coaches alone until the off season. 

He doesn't even need to fire him, just take over the duties and have Creehan be the head cheerleader like he was before. Berry used to do this all the time with the oline receivers and backs, until they made him fire his buddy Cartwright then he just checked out.

I don't understand what all the hype is around Higgins. Is he not even more Vanilla that Lapo? I hope the club waits til the season is over and looks at assistant GMs from other teams. I want the GM who can get us Dickenson as Head Coach and isn't afraid to make big moves.

who's judging the guy based on what happened in that one game with Winnipeg? The guy has a pretty sizable body of work in the CFL. He was OC for one of Calvillos worst years in Montreal, the offense he ran in Saskatchewan wasn't anything to be concerned about... He's not the kind of coach you go out of your way to keep. If you have nothing else he might serve as a stop gap but we can do better for next year. 

Not to defend Clean house after the Sask games...  Only coaching survivors should be Dickenson and Bellefuille, replace everyone else as soon as bodies become available

Are you suggesting we finish the season with 2 coaches because I can't see anyone wanting to come in for half a season or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

So, just as an example, if we asked Barresi to come in as RB coach... you think he would say no...?  There are guys out there - assuming that Bellefuille is the next HC - we can probably have a few guys in place by season's end and our top asst jobs filled early in the off-season.

Regardless, we cannot repeat Mack's off-seasons where coaching vacancies end up filled in April...  The bombers need to have their staff in place before 2014 and really send a message in free agency.

So, just as an example, if we asked Barresi to come in as RB coach... you think he would say no...?  There are guys out there - assuming that Bellefuille is the next HC - we can probably have a few guys in place by season's end and our top asst jobs filled early in the off-season.

Considering Barresi is the head coach of the Ottawa Gee-Gees, I think he would say no.

I don't know why anyone would assume Bellefeuille is going to be the next head coach. New GM will pick the head coach.

Does anyone know if Higgins even has remote interest in GM'ing for us?

He applied for both the GM and HC jobs back in 2010 iirc. And when asked about other GM vacancies over the past few years he has said he was interested so I don't see why not.

The way it stands right now Burke will go down as the worst, bar none worst coach this team has ever had. At least if you replace him you have the chance of getting the players fired up again. Regardless, pretty much a clean sweep is needed in the off season.

Do you really think so?  Jim Daley in '05 had a much better QB (Glenn) than anything Burke has right now.  That '05 team was abysmal.

The way it stands right now Burke will go down as the worst, bar none worst coach this team has ever had. At least if you replace him you have the chance of getting the players fired up again. Regardless, pretty much a clean sweep is needed in the off season.

Do you really think so?  Jim Daley in '05 had a much better QB (Glenn) than anything Burke has right now.  That '05 team was abysmal.

and what's this team? I honestly think Burke is the worst head coach I've ever seen on this team. 

and what's this team? I honestly think Burke is the worst head coach I've ever seen on this team. 

Merely pointing out...there's plenty of futility to choose from

Worse than Mike Kelly?

Worse than Mike Kelly?

Mike Kelly had a better record with Michael Bishop, so yes.