Blow it up some more......

do or die

Been a certain amount of sentiment, that we have had enough shake up this year.....and that Burke and Creehan should finish out the year.....

What on earth for?  So we can watch even more of this total ineptitude and incompetence?

Watching Burke.....the players have completely tuned him out....and he stands on the sidelines, with the ole 5000 yd stare.  Firing him now, would simply be a mercy killing.  As far as Creehan......accomplished nothing in Steeltown...and is doing pretty well the same here.   If the idea is to have the young guys who are considered keepers....improve consistency and fundamentals....it will not and should not be with this coaching staff.

While we are at it.....at NFL cutdown....just back up a tandem trailer....and get some of these laggard import players, right out of here..... In today's game, Suber defended his first pass this year.  Way too late.  Boatman is a joke.  J.J is on his last legs, our import receivers are completely uninspiring.  Cauchy Mumaba made his first play of the year - on a fluke INT.  Any QB worth a look....should be scrutinized, as well.....

The team is completely dead in the water....pushed around physically.... the most pumped up and excited guy.....was the field kicker.....no joke. Terrible offensive playbook, static and vanilla D schemes, no ability to prepare a team for a game or make adjustments later, a head coach who looks like Huckleberry Hound on death row, and a bunch of veteran players who frankly, don't seem to have what it takes......

Glad I'm not Wade Miller.....

I don't think it's enough of a shake-up but I don't really think it makes sense to fire Burke and Creehan now. Let's say they did get fired now. There's no guarantee Bellefeuille would want to take the HC job in addition to being OC. And who would be DC - Plemons, Franks? Can you think of any experienced DC who would want to come in now with no guarantee they would have a job after the season is over.  A new GM will be hired in the off-season who will want to bring in his own HC. Sometimes it is best to wait even when it's really bad.  

Yeah, getting rid of Burke and Creehan now wouldn't be a smart move.  Wait until the end of the season and we can see who's available, otherwise we're just shortening our list because almost no one is going to want to leave their current position at this point in time in the year to come here.

I'd like to see a player shake up first before we can more coaches. As Tim Burke said 'you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****'.....actually he said, 'we are doing the best with what we have' but pretty much the same thing.

Burke has to go and the sooner the better. when you try and pull a player off the field and he refuses and then you don't even bench the player for the rest of the game that's just unacceptable behaviour. The team isn't listening to Burke so why are we letting this persist? 

I'd like to see a player shake up first before we can more coaches. As Tim Burke said 'you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****'.....actually he said, 'we are doing the best with what we have' but pretty much the same thing.

Burke has to go and the sooner the better. when you try and pull a player off the field and he refuses and then you don't even bench the player for the rest of the game that's just unacceptable behaviour. The team isn't listening to Burke so why are we letting this persist? 

Not that I disagree, what should happen now, Burke should sit that guys ass down on the bench for the next game and get the players attention back. If that happened in TO Milanovich would probably have cut his ass on the spot. If there are no consequences for this then yes, the HC should be fired on the spot as well.

I agree 100% but there is no one to take over in in the meantime. HC purge will come with the new gm.

I agree Burke has to go...but I would rather have a player who knows he had made a bad mistake, and who wants to stay on the field and correct it, and you'll notice he did not go offside for the rest of the game, than someone who has given up. This is not a normal situation, the team is playing bad and it is effecting EVERYONE!. So I say give Hall a break in this case, he will get his lecture after the game.

Hall is hardly the first player to wave off a replacement nor will he be the last. As far as I'm concerned that's much ado about nothing.

because almost no one is going to want to leave their current position at this point in time in the year to come here.

I don't think any CFL team would even grant permission to the Bombers to speak to one of their assistants during a season.

I agree Burke has to go...but I would rather have a player who knows he had made a bad mistake, and who wants to stay on the field and correct it, and you'll notice he did not go offside for the rest of the game, than someone who has given up. This is not a normal situation, the team is playing bad and it is effecting EVERYONE!. So I say give Hall a break in this case, he will get his lecture after the game.

Look Hall might be the best player on the team, but the coaches word should be law. You don't listen there has to be consequences, especially when the team is 1-7. I have no faith that Burke ever had this team in control (going back to last year and the terrible terrible games they played, continuing this year) so it's all part of the same problem. Burke is the worst head coach this team has had since I've been following them, yes even worse than Daley or Reinbold. He's got way more talent to work with than either of those two had and he's doing far less with it. 

Now half sober......having killed almost an entire bottle of gin.....before we made our first down, on O....

Yes, it is true......really pretty impossible to replace our HC/DC, this time of the year.  Miller and Walters will need the time to make the (proper) decisions, moving forward, next year.  My anger and dismay...got the better of me.

Although, It was pretty impossible to fire CEO, GM and OC, within 10 days, right in the middle of a season.....but perhaps that is the limit of absurdity, allowed....for this go round.....

Mind your, there are some problems....and worries... while "doing it the right way"...with half a season left:

Team is completely dispirited, getting pushed around, performance is regressing badly....on a weekly basis.....painful to watch

Burke is moping around on the sidelines and in a metaphoric way... waving the towel, on post game interviews....painful to watch

The young keepers....are receiving absolutely no schooling in technique/fundamentals...painful to watch

Looking at Buck struggle to his feet, even after a routine hit....painful to watch....

Watching the lack of physicality and poor performance of our OL...painful to watch...

Vanilla heaped upon vanilla defensive schemes, where nobody comes close to making plays....painful to watch....

Trying to imagine how bad this team might look by say, Game 14.....ok, you get the picture. 

Or for that matter.....watching our fans trying to deal with this derailed train....for the entire 2nd half of the season.

As far as my comments about the "air lift"....I take nothing back.  Flat out we have a bunch of imports that could be replaced, or at the very least pushed hard in some manner...

The pity is...I have grave doubts about the ability of this coaching staff to instil ANY of the needed discipline and focus, as we move forward....

It the meantime, have pulled myself together....ready to take stern measures.. will be petitioning the Bomber football club....to convert the entire upper East side walkway....into a Gin Hut.

I'm part of a group of people who share season tickets to the Jets.  We did our game draft yesterday during the Bomber game.   3 of us in the group have season tickets to the Bombers as well.

We were trying to decide over the last little while what to do about the November 2nd Chicago Blackhawks game which is in direct conflict with a Bomber game.  Wondering if we should risk picking it, thinking they will probably move one of the games to allow people to go to both.  Stanley Cup champions ... Jonathan Toewes coming home....

By the time we did our draft during half time, didn't care anymore and I grabbed the game.  If they move one of them, great, I get to sit outside in November to watch the Bombers lose.  If they don't, then I don't have to sit outside in November to watch the Bombers lose in what will probably be a meaningless game  :) 

This team is bad, and once the weather starts to turn cold, the people who actually show up to the games will be less then the season ticket base.  A sad statement for the inaugural season of the new stadium.

The only credible guy right now could be available.  Wade Miller has to call Mark Cohon and seek permission to speak with Tom Higgins about the open GM and HC position.  I;m sure the league can operate without a head of officiating for a few months. The has to be someone in the league office who can assume he responsibilities   Give him a 3 year contract at $400,000 a year and full reigns of the football operations.  

Walters is a great guy but he's just not ready to take on the  job of the GM. 

Wade...get er done.

just like we had a second final season we could have a second inagural season.

It would seem crazy to think we would not win a game in the new place all season.  Now it seems crazy to think we will win one. 

Edmonton is bad but WAY better than us.  Montreal is bad but WAY better than us.   We can't score, we can't stop the other team from scoring.   

Banjo Bowl is going to be painful.    

The only credible guy right now could be available.  Wade Miller has to call Mark Cohon and seek permission to speak with Tom Higgins about the open GM and HC position.  I;m sure the league can operate without a head of officiating for a few months. The has to be someone in the league office who can assume he responsibilities   Give him a 3 year contract at $400,000 a year and full reigns of the football operations.  

Walters is a great guy but he's just not ready to take on the  job of the GM. 

Wade...get er done.

And how do you know Walters is not ready? He may be more ready than you think he is...certainly can't do any worse at this point!

The only credible guy right now could be available. Wade Miller has to call Mark Cohon and seek permission to speak with Tom Higgins about the open GM and HC position. I;m sure the league can operate without a head of officiating for a few months. The has to be someone in the league office who can assume he responsibilities Give him a 3 year contract at $400,000 a year and full reigns of the football operations.

Walters is a great guy but he's just not ready to take on the job of the GM.

Wade...get er done.

And how do you know Walters is not ready? He may be more ready than you think he is...certainly can't do any worse at this point!

Because we have a history of putting people in place who don't have the right skills or are not ready to assume the role.

Let's not repeat history. As I said, Walter's is a great guy but this team can't take flyer's anymore. While it may not be the sexy pick, it's the one that must be taken in order to fix this ****** mess.

Not to defend Sleepy Joe... at all... but its a bit strange this whole 'we don't have the talent' and chicken salad/chicken **** thing now...  In the off-season, Burke and Mack talked about their great relationship, how maybe Mack had too much influence with Lapo (basically admitting the Kent cut was a mistake...), etc etc

Clean house after the Sask games...  Only coaching survivors should be Dickenson and Bellefuille, replace everyone else as soon as bodies become available

Not to defend Sleepy Joe... at all... but its a bit strange this whole 'we don't have the talent' and chicken salad/chicken **** thing now...  In the off-season, Burke and Mack talked about their great relationship, how maybe Mack had too much influence with Lapo (basically admitting the Kent cut was a mistake...), etc etc

Clean house after the Sask games...  Only coaching survivors should be Dickenson and Bellefuille, replace everyone else as soon as bodies become available

Burke is in all out saving his own ass mode right now but it's too late the damage is done. HIs record as a head coach is abysmal he's got to go big contract or not. I don't think there is any amount of talent that would make Burke a good head coach at this point in time.