TC/Practice June 16th

Noeller

Anyone there today? Sounds like a lot of starters back on the field for the first time in awhile. Picard taking a Vet Day (...rabble rabble HOW DARE HE?!!11!? herp derp....) and now apparently both Bryant Turner and Zach Anderson on the limp...

So I caught most of the practice.

Brohm stood out amongst qbs today, Marve took reps behind Portis? Didn't see Willy do much but I did notice him trip over his own feet while trying to escape the pocket. That was pretty funny

D Adams ran with first team. He looks like he's going to be a good one. Veulting also had a really nice catch on an out route to the sidelines. Denmark is the most polished receiver out there without a doubt. Saw willie drop a couple of balls today. Chris normad had a really nice catch in traffic, teammates congratulating him on the sidelines. Logan also had a drop that he should have had

Veulting, Gordon, and Anderson all returning punts. Veulting looked to hurt his hand near the end of practice

-Paris cotton looks real shifty, stood out for me today.

-don unamba with a nice play in coverage to tip a pass to Jones for an interception. Didn't catch who threw the pass.

it could just be me but honestly, our D looks small out there.

Veulting, good or bad was noticeable out there. He is fast

MOS says Dile likely not playing Friday. Gotta think that if Jace Daniels shows well in there again at RT, then Dile could be gonzo this weekend....or do they keep a guy like that on the 6-game?

#Bombers DL Zach Anderson limps off field. Pulls off knee brace, now on bench with leg propped up #bn

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite
More

Sounds like Zach will not be 100% this year, hopefully they they can use him in rotation and spare further agravation to his injury.  Who else besides Jake Thomas can rotate inside?

MOS says Dile likely not playing Friday. Gotta think that if Jace Daniels shows well in there again at RT, then Dile could be gonzo this weekend....or do they keep a guy like that on the 6-game?

Dile seems to be injured a lot, like Neufeld.  Both of them should be replaced with guys that actually have a chance to play a majority of the season.

Ed Tait@WFPEdTait 14m14 minutes ago

#Bombers DL Zach Anderson limps off field. Pulls off knee brace, now on bench with leg propped up #bn

0 retweets0 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Sounds like Zach will not be 100% this year, hopefully they they can use him in rotation and spare further agravation to his injury. Who else besides Jake Thomas can rotate inside?

we still have Collins and Harlan on the roster.

or we could trade for Westerman and play him besides his older bro.

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite
More

Sounds like Zach will not be 100% this year, hopefully they they can use him in rotation and spare further agravation to his injury.  Who else besides Jake Thomas can rotate inside?

Nate Collins.

Sad. Anderson could be a force but who knows if he's ever going to be healthy again.

I don't think there's any cause to be concerned unless he actually re-injures it.  Some pain and swelling is still normal, remember he is only about 8 months off the injury.  Seems like he's right on track to me.

Sad. Anderson could be a force but who knows if he's ever going to be healthy again.

I don't think there's any cause to be concerned unless he actually re-injures it.  Some pain and swelling is still normal, remember he is only about 8 months off the injury.  Seems like he's right on track to me.

Fair enough. As someone with chronic knee problems I am always concerned though.

They're starting 2 imports at tackle so there's going to be at least another one kept on the roster somewhere.  Maybe stashed on the 6 game.  But they will need to know he can come off it and play if the need arises.

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite
More

Collins I would think...I thinking he pushing for a starting spot in the rotation anyway. Theres also as mentioned Harland and Fraser could go inside for reps too.

Damn. Too bad about Anderson- a good guy who gave us the push we need up the middle when he was healthy, and I am not sure we have anyone on the roster who can give us an equal presence.

great pass rushers very bad against the run

Shea*sms - Ed Tait

The Bombers also continue to move pieces around in the secondary, but O’Shea said that is partly because they want to exhaust every opportunity to evaluate what looks to be a deep pool of talent.

"Without going over everybody’s defensive system, I’d say most teams in the league like that versatility," said O’Shea. "We believe all through training camp across the CFL defensive backs are taking reps at different positions, just because of your limited roster you’ve got to be able to fix it when something breaks.

"We’re trying to put the best group out there together, the one that works well together. If you find a good football player, if you find a guy that you really like what he does and you’re faced with a situation where he is behind Chris Randle, are you just going to release him or are you going to give him an opportunity to make our team in another spot? That’s part of it, too."

The Bombers have yet to set up a plan for their quarterbacks yet, but expect both Drew Willy and Brian Brohm to get reps while Robert Marve and Josh Portis battle for the third spot on the depth chart. University of Manitoba Bison product Jordan Yantz was the one pivot who didn’t play last week in Toronto and when asked what his plan for his quarterbacks was Friday, O’Shea said:

"We’re not sure yet. We haven’t worked out the rotation yet."

I hope we get to see even just 1 or 2 drives out of Yantz. From what I've heard he hasn't been doing poorly, he just hasn't stood out.

I would just like to see if there's anything I like or dislike about his game.

I went to 3 recent practices and I saw Yantz get a total of one rep during scrimmage.

I hope we get to see even just 1 or 2 drives out of Yantz. From what I've heard he hasn't been doing poorly, he just hasn't stood out.

I went to 3 recent practices and I saw Yantz get a total of one rep during scrimmage.

What was he doing the rest of the time? Adjusting his jock?

What was he doing the rest of the time? Adjusting his jock?
They only scrimmage for maybe 20% of practice.