What's your projected starting lineup?

Mike

The back alley fight between Piper and Keith David (Frank) that just keeps going and going and going is what really makes that movie for me.

Yeah that fight is hilarious. I like the part where Rowdy misses a punch and breaks a window on Keith David's car, and then bursts out laughing and says "Sorry man" - it looks like the whole thing was unscripted and the director just let them go with it. I like the one liners too "I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum". HA HA!

That movie was a guilty pleasure for me too. I don't know if anyone can honestly call it a "great" movie but I didn't feel cheated when I left the theatre that day. Probably wouldn't like it if I saw it now though. Kind of like how I bought the original Star Wars movie for my grandson and sat through it barely.

Sounds like you are summing up the new Star Wars movies - or "Parts 1 through 3" as the nerds call them now. I have seen all three just once, and couldn't stomach watching them again. Just brutal. Meesa no watch no more.

My favourite was Gene Kiniski. I had watched him on TV (my dad was a wrestling fan) so when I was able, I went to see him at the Arena. I can't recall who he was pitted against that night, but at some point, he had his apponent in a headlock and was "dragging" his opponent's face along the ropes. An older lady a few rows ahead of me near the side of the ring where Kiniski was savaging his foe "illegally", stood up and screamed," You dirty rotten fourletterwording Polack". Without pausing, Kiniski turned to her and retorted," I told you not to come tonight, mother."

The whole arena broke up.

Was a huge Nick Bockwinkle fan......could listen to him on the stick all day.....

Most boring wrestler (in ring) of all time. He'd get a guy in a headlock and hold it for five minutes.

Could of sworn that I used the word "listen"........

Nick was erudite and articulate - could relate to him .....as soon as I heard him refer to the fans as  "all you cretinous humanoids out there"....was totally hooked.

Was a huge Nick Bockwinkle fan......could listen to him on the stick all day.....

Most boring wrestler (in ring) of all time. He'd get a guy in a headlock and hold it for five minutes.

Have you been lead to believe that you didn't?

I saw a comment on Nick Bockwinkle, so I quoted that post to give my opinion on the entertainment value of his matches.

QB - Samcanadian

RB - gbill2004

REC - Mike, Jacquie, Atomic, kelownabomberfan., Noeller

OL - Goalie, 17to85, Jpan85, mbrg, M.O.A.B.

DL - JuranBoldenRules, Floyd, TBURGESS, Rich

LB - Mr. Dee (WIL), Mr. Perfect (MAC), voodoochylde (SAM)

DB - sweep the leg, The Unknown Poster, rebusrankin, SPuDS

S - tracker

K - Mark H.

Is that a lineup or what?

Good choice. I have to admit I've got good hands when it comes to balls. Now get your minds out of the gutter - I was referring to footballs... maybe. ;)

Jacquie - you just want to be a REC as that means that you get to be covered by Troy Stoudermire.  :)

You'd probably want me on the O-line though I'd prefer to be the kicker.  I just cant kick.

Just by the name...

Mike should be the MLB

tracker is well suited for the Safety.

Mr. Perfect should be the QB, that should win us games.

sweep the leg should be a DE but man don't ever play him on special teams.

sweeping the QB is a penalty also. he should be at LB.

MBRG is right where he is ... Manitoba (MB) Right Guard (RG)

Goalie could be the KR but pretty sure he is playing the wrong sport.

:D  :lol:  :D  :lol:

I might be best suited for the safety as in my dating years I was often considered the last chance to avoid embarassment.

Have you been lead to believe that you didn't?

I saw a comment on Nick Bockwinkle, so I quoted that post to give my opinion on the entertainment value of his matches.

...and I absorbed your worthy opinion.....and simply re framed my opinion on the entertainment value of his interviews.....

Honor is satisfied, my good sir.

:)

I loved the Road Warriors when they first came on the scene. Completely unlike any team that came before them and came across as legitimate ass-kickers. Never got used to calling them the Legion of Doom.

The WWE dvd that they released about them was fantastic,  lots of fantastic stories of how the beginning of them and how they ascended to the top.   

Wrestling - a soap opera for guys

I was a fan back in the old AWA days with Vern Gagne and Mad Dog Vachon.  And then the High Flyers with Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne.    I liked the interviews that the wrestlers did with Mean Gene Okerlund (Jesse Ventura was awesome at it) but when they got in the ring, they wrestled.  Now if you watch the WWE Vince McMahon has ruined it with all of this nonsense where the wrestlers come in the ring and yak on microphones for seemingly forever, instead of just wrestling.  It wasn't about the drama, it was about the wrestling.  Usually someone would get hit with a foreign object or a chair in those days.  And we loved it!

gagne.jpg

The more I read and watch the more I like Micheal PS Hayes of the Fabulous Freebirds. The guy should be in the hall of fame. The Freebirds may have been the hottest heels in wrestling history with there fued with Von Erichs. Also he was the originator of the walk in music. Badstreet USA might be the best theme in Wrestling history.

You can say what you want about vince and wwe but he took wrestling from smoke filled 500 seat auditoriums to 80000 seat stadiums. Ya tge talking is boring at times but the highest rated segment in raw history was rock and mick Foley this is your life. Was like 30 minutes long and drew a better rating than lots of TV shows in prime time do. I enjoy the matches but I think reality now might be the matches don't draw ratings. The drama and stuff does. I like watching a good match tho but I think the masses prefer the talk.

Hayes is a writer or producer for wwe and a huge racist but free birds were cool for sure

Hayes is a writer or producer for wwe and a huge racist but free birds were cool for sure

Lol calling him a racist, are you saying this because you are jealous because he is someone more famous then you? Kind of hypocritical to call him a name with no proof.

I will call you Dok Hendrix 2.0

No. I'm calling him a racist because that's what he is. It's well known actually, can look it up, theres tons of guys out there from Ahmed Johnson to Bobby Lashley to even Batista and the sorts who call him a huge racist. I think it's pretty obvious, i mean, talking about the freebirds and all, they came to the ring covered in the confederate flag really... If that right there doesn't tell you he's a little bit racist, i don't know what does. But yup, tons of interviews out there on the rf video shoot videos that tons upon tons of guys talk about how racist hayes is.