OL Sukh Chungh (1st round, 2nd overall)

BigBlue

Some people are real heroes. 

You know who's a real hero? Hiro from "Heroes."  That's a hero.  Also Bono.

That show is over. so that's all hirote.

It's actually coming back as a (so far) limited series with a mostly new cast, but Masa Oki will be reprising his "Hiro" role. So, you know, real hero.

Also, me. Avatars don't lie. ;)

(Also also, nice pun.)

This is what a real hero looks like:

hero_0.jpg

Superhero_Burger.jpg

It's impressive you've let that sit on your desk since 1997, waiting for just this moment.

Fairwarning though, McDonald's mayo only has a 25 year shelf life, so you'd better gobble that down by 2022.

I would guess that the 2 year contract represents some confidence on the agent's part. I also do not have a problem with that. If this guy is so good then we should know by 2 years and if BB are successful he will stay longer. 

The important part is that he from BC not SK so no worries about running back to the the land of green after the first contract. 

I liked the highlight parts where he ran down field for extra blocks and smacked guys on their butts. If this translates to the next level it will be fun. 

I would guess that the 2 year contract represents some confidence on the agent's part. I also do not have a problem with that. If this guy is so good then we should know by 2 years and if BB are successful he will stay longer. 

The important part is that he from BC not SK so no worries about running back to the the land of green after the first contract. 

I liked the highlight parts where he ran down field for extra blocks and smacked guys on their butts. If this translates to the next level it will be fun. 

I would expect Chungh will have his eyes fixed on another NFL tryout in 2 or 3 years, not a different CFL home if he is as successful as we all hope.  These short contracts are turning the CFL into a "rent-a-player" league for the best athletes.

Yep, my bet is the Bombers filed a 2 year contract with the league so Chungh can pursue the NFL after 2 years. If nothing in the NFL, then the 3rd year contract is in the drawer. That gives the player an NFL shot, and ensures he returns to the Bombers if NFL doesn't materialize. That's likely the discrepancy with the two reports.

So Chungh maybe has more desire to try down south or something? Or wants to try sooner? It's really not a big deal. Don't worry about 2 years from now...

Well I like long term planning. To me it is a bit of a red flag. I'd be much more comfortable with a 3 year deal, considering most rookies don't make much of an impact their first year.

So Chungh maybe has more desire to try down south or something? Or wants to try sooner? It's really not a big deal. Don't worry about 2 years from now...

Well I like long term planning. To me it is a bit of a red flag. I'd be much more comfortable with a 3 year deal, considering most rookies don't make much of an impact their first year.

I'm not sure there is such a thing as long term planning in the CFL...

I'm not sure there is such a thing as long term planning in the CFL...

This is true. I'm guessing he wants to keep his options open in case the NFL is a possibility. And really, can't blame him.

2 years, 3 years who gives a ****? 2 years has been the standard length of a contract in the CFL for a long long time why get our undies in a bunch over a 2 year deal? Some management regimes don't even last 3 years, long term planning in the CFL is wishful thinking at best. Things change so quickly.