How happy are you with Walters' Draft work?

BigBlue

87 members have voted

1. 1. How pleased where you with the results of the 2015 Draft?

• Delighted
    • Satisfied
    • Neutral / cautious / not sure
    • sceptical
    • Unhappy
    • Other

Richards could be a very good receiver in a couple years... and in a couple years he's only 23. So the pick is growing on me... I just would really have preferred Waud/Durant than Richards/Morgan!

As for people making fun of us for disagreeing or having an opinion... get off your high horse! that is the whole reason we come here and the whole point of a fan forum. Get over it!

What about people who are disagreeing with the people on the high horses tho? Get over it!!? I went neutral tho because quite simply they haven't even stepped on to the field yet. Don't know what you have really until you see them play. Cfl draft is such a crapshoot it's insane. The best player taken might be a guy taken in a late round. You never really know. Not for a few years.

What about people who are disagreeing with the people on the high horses tho? Get over it!!?

What exactly does that have to do with what I said? If you have a different football related opinion then I do then that's just bloody fantastic. I encourage you to think for yourself and form your own football related opinion, rather then speak against those that do...

That's the exact reason I come here in the first place... to have debates and discussions about the Winnipeg Blue Bombers with other knowledgeable football fans... 

The way I see it.  The CFL draft is a crap shoot at best.  Sure this years draft was deep but I'll be ecstatic if the only thing that comes out of the 2015 draft is that we found ourselves a dominant olineman for the next 10 - 12 years.   

That alone would make this draft a huge success.  if any of the other picks develop and play a role in the years to come is gravy.   

Man some people would be having a skull melt if Walters had picked Waud at number 11 and lost him to the NFL ...

Prob same people crying that we didn't draft him at 11 and then Richards at 15 lol. Cuz, yano, Richards for sure woulda still been there and etc etc.

wont really have an idea of how good the draft was till tc at the very least. I dont mind us passing on guys with serious character issues or that we figured would be gone to the nfl. And it seems we took guys who could start at some point. Potential over polish.

Is it possible that Walters was privy to info that posters to this website didn't have when he made his selections? Nah ... couldn't be ... ;)

Everyone knew he was heading to the Redskins mini-camp.  Thing is Waud is pretty low risk to stick long-term in the NFL unless they are going to wait for him to add 50 lbs to play nose.  He's not athletic enough to play anywhere else.  At 11 Waud would have been a good pick regardless of if he got signed by the Redskins this weekend.  With 3 picks in the top 15 a mild risk wouldn't have been a bad move.

The way I see it.  The CFL draft is a crap shoot at best.  Sure this years draft was deep but I'll be ecstatic if the only thing that comes out of the 2015 draft is that we found ourselves a dominant olineman for the next 10 - 12 years.   

That alone would make this draft a huge success.  if any of the other picks develop and play a role in the years to come is gravy.   

This is pretty much exactly it. If we get a good OL out of the draft with the first pick it's a good draft regardless of how the rest works out. 

Is it possible that Walters was privy to info that posters to this website didn't have when he made his selections? Nah ... couldn't be ... ;)

Everyone knew he was heading to the Redskins mini-camp.  Thing is Waud is pretty low risk to stick long-term in the NFL unless they are going to wait for him to add 50 lbs to play nose.  He's not athletic enough to play anywhere else.  At 11 Waud would have been a good pick regardless of if he got signed by the Redskins this weekend.  With 3 picks in the top 15 a mild risk wouldn't have been a bad move.

Picking Waud at 11 would not have been a significant risk.  We obviously deemed receiver a higher priority and with Demski and Harty off the board, did not want to chance missing out on Richards by waiting till 15 to take him.  If Waud lasted till 15, maybe he's a not Bomber now instead of a not Argo.  It's the way of the draft - if you want to get everyone you'd better have all the picks.

Will a snag of wagoneer or Chapman change anyone's opinions?

If it does, they'll change back 51 weeks from now when we go into the 2016 draft without our 3rd round pick.

"Why don't we have a pick in the third round?  Waggoner?  That was a waste of a pick*."

*may not be a waste of a pick

Will a snag of wagoneer or Chapman change anyone's opinions?

If it does, they'll change back 51 weeks from now when we go into the 2016 draft without our 3rd round pick.

"Why don't we have a pick in the third round?  Waggoner?  That was a waste of a pick*."

*may not be a waste of a pick

It's getting sad that we have to add fine print to our posts .. lol :)  

Just a comparison of the Canadian content between the Bombers and the Riders

OL 
Picard, Greaves, Neufeld,
Goossen, Chungh, Everett, Griffiths 
Labatte, Best, Watman, Hart, Clark, Paterson, Nehring, Vonk, Hinse, Halbgewachs

REC 
Kohlert, Feoli-Gudino, Richards, Bastien, Millington, Reaves 
Getzlaf, Bagg, Anthony, Turkington, Demski, McHenry, Pierzchalski, Carroll, Bews

FB/RB 
Ponbriand, Fitzgerald, Normand 
Messam, King-Fileen, Moore

DL 
Westerman, Thomas, I.Brown, Richardson, Lattanzio  
Ainsworth, Steinhauer, Kozun

LB 
Hurl, Waggoner, Newman, Briggs 
Emry, Regimbald, Gesse, Wellman

DB 
Bucknor, Jones, Sherman, West, Warden, Morgan 
MacDougall, Woldu, Carter, Webster

ST 
Hajrullaju, Cronk 
Milo, O'Neill, Hus, Kolodzinski

QB 
Yantz 
Picton

OL 

Picard, Greaves, Neufeld, Goossen, Chungh, Everett, Griffiths 

REC 

Getzlaf, Bagg, Anthony, Turkington, Demski, McHenry, Pierzchalski, Carroll, Bews

FB/RB 

DL 

LB 

DB 

ST 

Hajrullaju, Cronk 

QB 

Yantz 

Picton

nice break down. I like their offensive depth better then ours. Especially messam. Aside from potential mess off the field i love watching him run. Over all though our depth and potential is soo much better now. (never seemed like we'd reach that point with our NIs)

OL 

Picard, Greaves, Neufeld, Goossen, Chungh, Everett, Griffiths 

REC 

FB/RB 

DL 

LB 

DB 

ST 

Hajrullaju, Cronk 

QB 

Yantz 

Picton

nice break down. I like their offensive depth better then ours. Especially messam. Aside from potential mess off the field i love watching him run. Over all though our depth and potential is soo much better now. (never seemed like we'd reach that point with our NIs)