Canadians in the NFL Draft

Yeah I can't really hold picking Mulumba against Mack.

And either way, the odds are still in our favor that he plays for us eventually.

In hindsight, we could have had Edem and likely would have if Walters had his way, but the pick was a gamble either way. Funny year, that draft year.

Complaining about the Mulamba pick doesn't make much sense.  You want a guarantee that picks won't attract NFL interest - draft a guy who sucks.  We drafted a guy who against the odds has been good enough to hang onto a job in the NFL for 2 seasons.

My recollection of that draft is at that time, Mulamba was one of the top guys who had less NFL interest than the other top guys.  Not zero, but less than most.

Toronto seems fine with Tyler Holmes spending a few seasons down south before coming up here and looking real good.  I'll be fine with waiting a few years for Mulamba if he can do the same.  Better than drafting a guy who sucks with the second overall pick.

I just got a robo call from the New York Giants.  They invited me to mini-camp, but I didn't want to disappoint my mom on Sunday, so I turned them down.

You're just making the rest of us look bad. And arousing a lot of resentment.

I just got a robo call from the New York Giants.  They invited me to mini-camp, but I didn't want to disappoint my mom on Sunday, so I turned them down.

I have been contacted by the Browns and Giants fan boards.

I have been contacted by the Browns and Giants fan boards.

while mini camps are for the most part a cup of coffee stop off, is this many invites common? does it have any impact on keeping players down south longer exhausting all other options. seems like the giants alone sent invites to practically first round and a half of highly ranked players.

also is it even scouting or just taking lists like we look at and just auto send

Some guy on CJOB just said the NFL recently changed it's rules to be more liberal with who they invite to their mini-camps. Not sure exactly what was changed, but we're seeing those results this year.

Damned politicians.

From the giants camp today

1) Coughlin
"We tried to set the record (for most Canadian players in a mini-camp). I think we got it."

2) CFL center Brett Jones, who signed a three-year contract, was getting an earful from offensive line coach Pat Flaherty about dropping his hands between punches in a blocking sled drill.

3) The first interception of camp went to former Concordia linebacker Takari Johnson. He was able to get his hands on a pass in traffic over the middle.

4) Wide receiver Addison Richards of Regina,Saskatchewan, made a nice toe-tapping grab on the sideline.

5) Wide receiver Lemar Durant of Simon Fraser University had a good diving catch from Hawaii product Taylor Graham, who is the son of former Giants quarterback Kent Graham.

From cowboys camp on Brandon Bridge

Of the two quarterbacks that worked on the opening day of camp, I liked what I observed from Jameill Showers over Brandon Bridge clearly from an accuracy standpoint. Both quarterbacks have tremendous arm strength, but I knew from studying their college film that there were snaps where the ball would be all over the place. It appeared that Showers did a better job of not only controlling his passes but his emotions as well. I had some concerns about his touch and it was clear that since his last college game it was something that he had worked on.