Canadians in the NFL Draft

So where does bridge go if he doesn't get signed? CDn qb in first round?

Even if he wasn't signed, he's a mid-to-late pick at best.

This draft is too deep, you wouldn't be trading a first or second rounder for a neg list QB.

Giants minicamp May 8-9.  Hopefully we'll all know more about signings before the CFL draft May 12.  

Demski not getting an NFL shot?  Better for us so we take him #2 or does he drop because he didn't get the NFL shot that a dozen other top NI's got?

Considering the number of Canadians the Giants invited to their mini-camp, those dates are perfect (May 8-9).  Let's just hope Walters or someone in the Bombers organization has some connections with he Giants to find out those players standings and likelihood of them getting offers, if they haven't already received them by May 12. 

Could be a coincidence, but between Da'rel Scott and Nate Collins, you might suggest we've got a contact with the Giants.

Giants minicamp May 8-9.  Hopefully we'll all know more about signings before the CFL draft May 12.  

Demski not getting an NFL shot?  Better for us so we take him #2 or does he drop because he didn't get the NFL shot that a dozen other top NI's got?

Considering the number of Canadians the Giants invited to their mini-camp, those dates are perfect (May 8-9).  Let's just hope Walters or someone in the Bombers organization has some connections with he Giants to find out those players standings and likelihood of them getting offers, if they haven't already received them by May 12. 

Could be a coincidence, but between Da'rel Scott and Nate Collins, you might suggest we've got a contact with the Giants.

Giants assistant GM is a Canadian

I'm betting that Brandon Bridge doesn't last in the NFL. The mystique of the NFL quarterback demands that he be an all-star high-profile draft pick. There are the odd exceptions but they are rare and I cannot see the almighty Cowboys settling for a relative unknown.

I'm betting that Brandon Bridge doesn't last in the NFL. The mystique of the NFL quarterback demands that he be an all-star high-profile draft pick. There are the odd exceptions but they are rare and I cannot see the almighty Cowboys settling for a relative unknown.

Romo was an unknown and I believe an undrafted free agent.

Romo was an unknown and I believe an undrafted free agent.

And how has that worked out for the Cowpersons?

I really don't think that many of the guys at the Giants mini-camp stand much of a chance. It literally looks like they just lifted a copy of the CFL top prospects and invited them all to have a look. It appears they will have 75 players at this mini-camp consisting of undrafted free agents. Sounds to me that this is more like the open tryouts we run down south as opposed to real and true legitimate interest. The Giants may have just sent out a mass e-mail to all known undrafted free agents in hopes they will get 75 of them to come. lol

Was reading some where that they bring in a lot of these guys just as camp bodies so they can run better practices.

Partially true. They hope to uncover a diamond in the rough, but for the most part it is a giant waste of time for the NFL teams as far as recruitment goes. Very few unsigned players ever receive contract offers from mini-camp.

Atomic is correct. That's why taking him at 2 was a really awful move cuz he actually signed a contract with green bay

He hadn't signed a contract at the time of the CFL draft though. Drafted May 6th and signed with green bay on May 10th.

Atomic is correct. That's why taking him at 2 was a really awful move cuz he actually signed a contract with green bay

He hadn't signed a contract at the time of the CFL draft though. Drafted May 6th and signed with green bay on May 10th.

Joe Mack thought he knew better because of his NFL sources I guess they let him down... At least Walters is taking the correct approach, I don't aways agree with Walters however I respect him much more than I do Joe Mack.

Oh right. My mistake. I thought he had signed prior to the draft or it was well known he would

Oh right. My mistake. I thought he had signed prior to the draft or it was well known he would

Also people seem to have forgotten that the Bombers had a real connection with Mulumba. Casey Creehan was the D-Line coach with Eastern Michegan in 2009 and was the guy who not only coached Mulumba that year but also recruited Mulumba out of High School to play there.

There was NFL interest in Mulumba prior to the CFL draft. It was fairly well known that there was a strong possibility that Mulumba was going to Green Bay. Mack simply didn't think he would stick. He rolled the dice and lost. I still maintain that Mack was working off of inside knowledge from Dom Capers on Green Bay's interest in Mulumba. Mulumba at the end of the day beat the odds.

There was NFL interest in Mulumba prior to the CFL draft. It was fairly well known that there was a strong possibility that Mulumba was going to Green Bay. Mack simply didn't think he would stick. He rolled the dice and lost. I still maintain that Mack was working off of inside knowledge from Dom Capers on Green Bay's interest in Mulumba. Mulumba at the end of the day beat the odds.

He was not expected to stick, but he made the most of the opportunity. In a draft where pretty much all of the top rated players were getting NFL interest it wasn't a bad gamble to make. Can't be mad when the player rises to the challenge.