Kohlert vs JFG

Noeller

I think Kohlert's better right now, but he has had a lot more opportunity.

However, if Kohlert was given more responsibility I think he would be more productive. But we're not going to move him inside with Denmark, Moore and a healthy Watson at Slot. It's just not going to happen.

I think Kohlert is a good possession receiver. I am of the opinion that he has reached his ceiling but he is a positive contributor, Like someone else alluded to, our new Stoddard and that's a heck of a lot better than being our new Hargreaves.

JFG, is a spark plug, and that's awesome. Brings grit and determination...but I have not seen anything that makes me think he is ready to make the jump to the starting lineup.

Watson is probably more talented than both of them put together. If we could only get one year of him being healthy.

JFG's a special teams player and a decent backup.  He got a big fan base here by making a couple of big catches late in games early last season.  I don't see him making the jump to starter.

Kohlert is our best NI receiver. Legit starter, but not a go to guy or a game breaker.

Watson was a good receiver and a great blocker, but his time has come and gone IMHO.  Even when he was in the lineup for most of last season, he wasn't a difference maker.  He may have a couple more years left or he may just get hurt yet again.

The question will be can JFG continue to make those types of catches he made early last season; if he is capable of doing so then he can be one of those go to in a bind receivers.  Which I think would put him up above Kohlert, but right now Kohlert seems to have more ability to get open and as others have mentioned is more technically sound.

What is this about? Both are valuable and should play. Whoever is playing better and contributing most at any given time should get more PT.

FB argument between 17to85 and I from earlier today...for whatever reason, I'm a big believer that JFG is *potentially* a really special receiver...higher ceiling than Kohlert. But he disagrees vehemently, and that's fair...

Interesting - I can see an argument for Feoli having a higher ceiling than Kohlert, but I'd agree that it seems unlikely he'll ever reach it.

Both are 27-28 - one of them needs to take their game to next level this year - maybe kohlert can be our rob bagg

Hopefully we don't have to field two ni rec this year

They've been talking about starting 3, just because they want to get them all on the field...

Both are 27-28 - one of them needs to take their game to next level this year - maybe kohlert can be our rob bagg

They've been talking about starting 3, just because they want to get them all on the field...

If we look at our production from the Int. receivers last year (Bryant, Kelly) you could easily justify using 3 NIs as receivers…except for the depth. 

We could have done better.

This year, I expect we'll follow the standard formula, and audition more import receivers, but that 3 NI scenario sure would look good on us, if we could pull it off.

There'd be no reason we couldn't be successful and supplement the play of Moore and Denmark with a smart playbook and 3 capable NI receivers.

But, for now, I'm dreaming in techNIcolor.

Glad we have both on the club. Solid receivers with good hands. Both are young and neither one of them have reached their true potential. It's a saw-off as far as I'm concerned but this year could see one of them jump ahead. I hope we give each player equal playing time to make a better call. We'll see.

They talked about it cause they failed to get better import receivers last year and the other NIs on the team aren't up to par. 2 NI receivers is what they'll go with and that's fine, it makes the most sense. If they go with Watson, JFG and Kohlert all starting at once the offense won't be very good. 

They talked about it cause they failed to get better import receivers last year and the other NIs on the team aren't up to par. 2 NI receivers is what they'll go with and that's fine, it makes the most sense. If they go with Watson, JFG and Kohlert all starting at once the offense won't be very good.

100% there