Kohlert vs JFG

Noeller

Kohlert is better but he's slowly becoming overrated around these parts.

He was among the top Canadian receivers in what turned out to be a very down year for receivers in general. Sub 600 yard season, only a single game with 5 or more catches.

He's an above average Canadian receiver. Nothing wrong with that.

He was among the top Canadian receivers in what turned out to be a very down year for receivers in general. Sub 600 yard season, only a single game with 5 or more catches.

I'm a big Kohlert fan....he's a New Stoddard, IMO. Nothing wrong with that. But I thought JFG looked really really good in limited time last year. Looked like a higher ceiling to me. But it's possible that I'm crazy...because I'm getting shouted down pretty hard.

But it's possible that I'm crazy...

yeah there's no question about that. I think you're probably remembering that game against Hamilton by JFG and putting that up as the standard. 

something something kettle....pot.....something something...

6 of one, half dozen of another IMO. Both are good, solid canadian receivers but neither will be game breakers anytime soon.. Role players with the ability to contribute offensively.. JFG is a better blocker and stronger with the ball where as Kohlert seems more shifty, elusive with very good tracking and adjusting ability..

I dunno. Like em both and if for some bizarre reason we had to go with one or the other.. I'd be torn but probably go with JFG as he is watsons backup and more multifaceted..

Kohlert is our best Canadian receiver. WIth the exception of the home opener, Watson did virtually nothing last season. He played 11 games and had over 30 yards receiving in three of them.

I've stopped hoping he'll become what we thought he could be. I'll be pleasantly surprised if we get any production out of him this year.

Kohlert easily. JFG vs Watson is a much more interesting comparison. 

So then you're saying that Kohlert is better than Watson?

I always thought Watson had the highest ceiling of any Canadian receiver we've had in recent years, and always hoped he'd reach 1000 but obviously injuries derailed that. JFG's first year "as a receiver" this year isn't all that different from Kohlert's. JFG made catches in 8 games for 210 yards, and in 2012 Kohlert made catches in 5 games for ~150. I could see (hope) JFG eclipsing 500 yards this year with Kohlert being around 500 again, and if that's the case, I think people around here should be satisfied. I know its not a perfect comparison, but it's not apples to oranges either.

So then you think he has already hit his ceiling?  Or at least come close to it?

So then you think he has already hit his ceiling?  Or at least come close to it?

Probably. I don't really see him ever turning into a star receiver. Which is fine, he is what he is and what he is is very important to this football team. If he can continue to be a 500-700 yard guy with consistent hands and an ability and desire to be a strong downfield blocker, he's more than welcome on this roster as far as I'm concerned.

Personally I believe that in a strong offensive year, say Drew Willy throws for 4500+ yards, Kohlert will approach and possibly eclipse 1000 yards. I believe that the best is still yet to come and he will be our leading Canadian receiver for the next 2 seasons at least.

Personally I believe that in a strong offensive year, say Drew Willy throws for 4500+ yards, Kohlert will approach and possibly eclipse 1000 yards. I believe that the best is still yet to come and he will be our leading Canadian receiver for the next 2 seasons at least.

Let's just hope he doesn't break up with his GF.

He'd have to become a favourite of Willy's for that to happen, cause he's not going to be the recipient of too many deep passes in a season.

Maybe if he's in the slot. Definitely not as the wide side receiver. 

What I like about these two Canadian receivers, other than the fact we snagged them as free agent signings for nothing, is that they share one common and valuable asset….they're reliable.

Do I prefer one to the other? Not really.

I love how both of them put in that effort that sets them apart.

Just very happy that are contributing and that the upside is very promising.

If we sign that Goodrich kid, then we're in a good stead going forward.

What is this about? Both are valuable and should play. Whoever is playing better and contributing most at any given time should get more PT.

FB argument between 17to85 and I from earlier today...for whatever reason, I'm a big believer that JFG is *potentially* a really special receiver...higher ceiling than Kohlert. But he disagrees vehemently, and that's fair...