Hall most likely to be new DC (Now Official)

Mr. Perfect

Interesting nugget I just thought of. Didn't the Riders cut Kuale while Hall was DC? If Hall already knows how terrible Kuale is, I might finally get my wish of no more Kuale!

Except O'Shea has said OC/DC will no longer have any say on players going forward.
lol are you serious?? O'Shea did not say this. He said coordinators don't have full control over personnel decisions.

Thats what i said.

No that's not what you said.

Have problems reading?  Look at it.

Did he not say that his OC/DC wouldnt have a say in player personal going forward? He didnt want everyone changing around him?

Of course some guys will go and some will come in... that happens all the time to every team. 

You said "OC/DC will no longer have any say on players going forward".  That's just not true and is not what O'Shea said. 

O'Shea said they won't have full control.  Big difference. 

Allowing them to have full control in the first place is a bad idea   no?

Im sure you want them to have some say in it but full control?

What grade education do you have...seriously?  I'm done with this conversation. 

Interesting nugget I just thought of. Didn't the Riders cut Kuale while Hall was DC? If Hall already knows how terrible Kuale is, I might finally get my wish of no more Kuale!

Except O'Shea has said OC/DC will no longer have any say on players going forward.
lol are you serious?? O'Shea did not say this. He said coordinators don't have full control over personnel decisions.

Thats what i said.

No that's not what you said.

Have problems reading?  Look at it.

Did he not say that his OC/DC wouldnt have a say in player personal going forward? He didnt want everyone changing around him?

Of course some guys will go and some will come in... that happens all the time to every team. 

You said "OC/DC will no longer have any say on players going forward".  That's just not true and is not what O'Shea said. 

O'Shea said they won't have full control.  Big difference. 

Allowing them to have full control in the first place is a bad idea   no?

Im sure you want them to have some say in it but full control?

What grade education do you have...seriously?  I'm done with this conversation. 

LMAO....  Your asking me.  ha     

heres what he said....

O'Shea said DC will have to fit the personnel, to a point: "You can?t have a guy come in and change everybody around you." #Bombers

#bombers O'Shea says new DC will not have free rein to make player personnel decisions in going forward

Maybe i used the word any incorectly but there is no reason for insults unless your 9.

You do realize that not have ANY control over player personnel and not having FULL control are 2 different things right?  What Gbill said is different to what you first stated.  O'Shea is not saying that they're not going to listen to the requests or the suggestions of the OC/DC.

I know and i just said i used the wrong word saying ANY.

And i posted what O'Shea said.

O'Shea said DC will have to fit the personnel, to a point: "You can?t have a guy come in and change everybody around you." #Bombers

#bombers O'Shea says new DC will not have free rein to make player personnel decisions in going forward

Maybe O'Shea saw that a big part of the limp defence problem last year was Etch's selection of players to fit his ideas, and is determined that if he sees a problem, he will intervene. O'Shea ought to have a darned good idea of what kind of players will be successful in the CFL. I think we have to keep in mind that O'Shea may well be on some degree of thin ice this year as to whether he will the head coach next year. The team did sort of OK, but the second-half collapse has raised some concerns that O'Shea may not be able to walk on water.

I wouldn't compare our defense to halls last year. Hall had a great d line and a crap secondary. We have a much better secondary.

Also don't forget his defense was on the field a whole lot when they had sunseri and Joseph stinking it up.

I'm at least confident that with Hall we can stop the run and that his defense can actually be flexible and change.

Hall's a safe choice and better than Etch.  

We don't have to go into competition (Read 'Overpay') to get him as Sask is the only other team that's looking for a DC right now and they don't want him.  We'd have to compete with Regina for Benevides.  

Hall's a calm, nice guy so he should get along well with the rest of our coaches, the same might not be true of Benevides.  

Hall's defenses aren't significantly different than Etch's so we won't need to change out as many players as we would if we went with Benevides.  

Hall's not HC material so he won't be as much a risk to O'Shea as Benevides would be.  

We don't have to go into competition (Read 'Overpay') to get him as Sask is the only other team that's looking for a DC right now and they don't want him.  We'd have to compete with Regina for Benevides.  

Hall's a calm, nice guy so he should get along well with the rest of our coaches, the same might not be true of Benevides.  

Hall's defenses aren't significantly different than Etch's so we won't need to change out as many players as we would if we went with Benevides.  

Hall's not HC material so he won't be as much a risk to O'Shea as Benevides would be.  

what a crock of **** post. It's the holiday season, it's a brand new year and you pull the Debbie Downer crap? Come on now. Would it kill you to be positive for once? 

what a crock of **** post. It's the holiday season, it's a brand new year and you pull the Debbie Downer crap? Come on now. Would it kill you to be positive for once? 

I started with he's better than Etch.  What more do you want?

You went into your whole thing where you think that because they're not hiring the guy you want that it's the wrong move. It must be because they're cheap! It must be because they don't know what they're doing! It's tiresome because you don't know half as much as you think you know. Benevides and Hall are both guys who have had plenty of success in the CFL as defensive coordinators, why get hung up on one guy or the other? If it were me I prefer Benevides as well, but I'm not so arrogant as to think I know more than Mike O'Shea in this case. If he thinks Hall is the guy for him then I'm not going to waste time arguing about it. 

You went into your whole thing where you think that because they're not hiring the guy you want that it's the wrong move. It must be because they're cheap! It must be because they don't know what they're doing! It's tiresome because you don't know half as much as you think you know. Benevides and Hall are both guys who have had plenty of success in the CFL as defensive coordinators, why get hung up on one guy or the other? If it were me I prefer Benevides as well, but I'm not so arrogant as to think I know more than Mike O'Shea in this case. If he thinks Hall is the guy for him then I'm not going to waste time arguing about it. 

New year.  Same old crap.

You shouldn't have start arguments you won't finish.  It's so tiresome that you make crap up that I don't say then complain about it almost every time I post anything.  I didn't say signing Hall was a bad move.  I gave reasons that the Bombers would prefer him over Benevides, including the fact that we don't have to compete to get him.  

Me arrogant?  Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:

Hall is a very good coordinator IF he is given the talent.. Is now up to Walters to get him a legit MLB and firm up the Dline..

But I am pretty stoked at this if true... Much more traditional and less "out there" then etch was AND a plethora of experience and success..

...add a balls to the wall pass rusher like Alex Hall.

New year.  Same old crap.

You shouldn't have start arguments you won't finish.  It's so tiresome that you make crap up that I don't say then complain about it almost every time I post anything.  I didn't say signing Hall was a bad move.  I gave reasons that the Bombers would prefer him over Benevides, including the fact that we don't have to compete to get him.  

Me arrogant?  Pot, meet kettle. :rolleyes:

And yet it still came across as condescending and insulting because Hall wasn't your choice but benevides was. You feel like the bombers made a bad move because this is a cheaper and less risky proposition for O'Shea and you cannot play dumb about it..

If you seriously are so oblivious to how you come across in your posts 95% of the time....