Bombers re-sign Matt Bucknor!

gbill2004

Are we so far gone as a team that Bucknor is a huge signing? 

Nowhere near enough credit for a guy like Bucknor ... he played great for us last year.

Great? No let's not get delusional here. He was adequate. You bring the guy back for sure but let's not pretend the team wouldn't have continued along just fine without him. 

For a Canadian on the corner, he was great. Would we be worse off if he left? Yes.

That statement is skewing your perception. Just because it's a low bar doesn't mean his play was great. He didn't **** up too badly that's all you really need out of the guy but I would suggest that if he leaves you just play an american in that position and actually improve your secondary over all. Can likely find a way to replace the NI somewhere else. Maybe a linebacker position, maybe find a DL, maybe they even go with 3 receivers, or 4 OL. 

He's a useful player to have but he wasn't great. 

You do understand the ratio problems the Bombers have, right?

Nowhere near enough credit for a guy like Bucknor ... he played great for us last year.

Great? No let's not get delusional here. He was adequate. You bring the guy back for sure but let's not pretend the team wouldn't have continued along just fine without him.

For a Canadian on the corner, he was great. Would we be worse off if he left? Yes.

That statement is skewing your perception. Just because it's a low bar doesn't mean his play was great. He didn't **** up too badly that's all you really need out of the guy but I would suggest that if he leaves you just play an american in that position and actually improve your secondary overover all. Can likely find a way to replace the NI somewhere else. Maybe a linebacker position, maybe find a DL, maybe they even go with 3 receivers, or 4 OL.

Starting Canadian corner who didn't embarrass himself continually and you don't see that as a great signing? At the very least, he gets bumped to 5th DB/STer/excellent backup...

I'm confused as to why this irks you so.. He proved more then capable last season in a wonky defense..

Imma chalk it up to being argumentative simply to be argumentative because you had so much etch defense left to use and can't now lol

C'mon, a starting non-import that played as many games as he did, competently…this is good, very good.

You take your best 7 Can. starters and continually try to upgrade. If someone pushes one of our starters to the 8th position, by being better..great, we'll just get better in depth, which is what we need to do.

The 8th re-signing/extension so far.

Good news.

That statement is skewing your perception. Just because it's a low bar doesn't mean his play was great. He didn't **** up too badly that's all you really need out of the guy but I would suggest that if he leaves you just play an american in that position and actually improve your secondary overover all. Can likely find a way to replace the NI somewhere else. Maybe a linebacker position, maybe find a DL, maybe they even go with 3 receivers, or 4 OL.

Starting Canadian corner who didn't embarrass himself continually and you don't see that as a great signing? At the very least, he gets bumped to 5th DB/STer/excellent backup...

I'm confused as to why this irks you so.. He proved more then capable last season in a wonky defense..

Imma chalk it up to being argumentative simply to be argumentative because you had so much etch defense left to use and can't now lol

my issue is with the unwarranted superlatives being tossed about

Indeed.  Overstating things is the number 1 problem.

Everybody does this all the time about everything.

If we hire a DC who expects DB's to be able to play man coverage in the CFL, Bucknor won't be a NI starter for long IMO.

But gives them options to build the roster.

Interesting. So you don't think Bucknor is good at playing man-D? Why do you say that?

Man coverage without a safety.. Bucknor is probably getting burned.. Sad but true..

If we hire a DC who expects DB's to be able to play man coverage in the CFL, Bucknor won't be a NI starter for long IMO.

Interesting. So you don't think Bucknor is good at playing man-D? Why do you say that?

Man coverage without a safety.. Bucknor is probably getting burned.. Sad but true..

There is no shortage of DB's who are getting burned without safety help. Not sure why Bucknor has to be put in the spotlight for this.

There is no shortage of DB's who are getting burned without safety help. Not sure why Bucknor has to be put in the spotlight for this.

Most DBs can handle man coverage.. I simply dont know or believe Bucknor is capable to do so.. If its without someone over the top, bucknor will be beat more often then not.. From what ive seen anyway..

Everybody does this all the time about everything.

Touché.

I thought Bucknor proved to be pretty good last year... He actually surprised me in man coverage and his ability to lay the ball(probably because I had really low expectations). His Tackling is what disappointed me, but it got better as the year went on.

sure he's not a spectacular player, but he's capable, and he's Canadian who starts every game, and can play most/all game. That's what makes this a huge re-signing for this team.

Hell, we've had worse American DB's starting for us over the years.

I thought Bucknor proved to be pretty good last year... He actually surprised me in man coverage and his ability to lay the ball(probably because I had really low expectations). His Tackling is what disappointed me, but it got better as the year went on.

sure he's not a spectacular player, but he's capable, and he's Canadian who starts every game, and can play most/all game. That's what makes this a huge re-signing for this team.

Hell, we've had worse American DB's starting for us over the years.

I'm pretty sure he had 2 "Boyd Autobody crunch of the game" hits last year!  :D