The sooner we realize we are the CFL version of the Leafs the better off we will be ...

IC Khari

... actually the saner we will be as well. We are not meant to be a Grey Cup team, no way the things conspiring against us the last 24 years couldn't be some kind of supernatural/higher power curse (the curse of Cal Murphy if you will). Think about it? We had Troy Westwood for a Kicker for 4 Grey Cup losses. How could something like that even happen?

I present for evidence ...

1.) The 1993 Bombers. Easily the best team in the league that year forced to start the Grey Cup with Slinging Sammy Garza due to a freak late season injury to Matt Dunigan. We lose to Edmonton of course.

2.) The 1994 Bombers. Dunigan hits the goal post on a pass to a wide open receiver in the Final and we lose to the Baltimore Stallions who go on to lose the Cup to the Lions in BC.

3.) The 2001 Bombers. Enough has been said about that. It's obvious some higher power didn't want us winning that one.

4.) The 2007 Bombers. Glenn gets hurt towards the end of the East Final (and like Dunigan) can't play in the Grey Cup virtually giving us no chance with a very green QB  playing for us in the game.

5.) The 2011 Bombers. We are the best team in the league for the first 8 weeks, sputter after that, but unlike this year, actually scrape our way into the Grey Cup game. The team we play (BC) sucked for the first 8 games and then suddenly becomes world beaters who can't lose at home. Guess what? The game is held in their stadium and we are doomed before we start. 

6.) 2002, 2003, 1992. Those teams were capable of winning a Cup but ran into injuries at the critical time or a team (the 92 Stamps with Flutie) they were not going to beat. 

7.) 1997 - 1998 Keystone Cops era

8.) 2004 - 2005 Keystone Cops 2 era

9.) 2009 Mike Kelly era (which is worse than Keystone Cops IMO)

10.) 2012 - 2013 Keystone Cops 3 era 

11.) Any other of the hopeless seasons since 1990 (feel free to add)

Note* While we are not quite Leaflike in length of Championship drought, we are starting to become very Leaflike in general team mismanagement, fan angst, and general hopelessness. 

Dear chicken little the sky is not falling, yes we fell apart another year, yes we are going to have to get more Canadian talent(we have a decent pick again), and our american talent could use an upgrade. But we have a QB who has a good arm, got beat up a bit but with an improved line(hopefully stealing a Riders lineman) next year he will also look much improved. We have a good prospect back-up in Marve who got to learn the game and with a similar style to Buck he may be able to pick up a few things from there too. Cotton has looked good and should improve. And hopefully we will get some real coordinators this year and can make some noise.

Someone remind me how this forum is different from the other bomber forums...? I thought this was supposed to be real football chat and more practice updates and like actually stuff instead of just whining and arguing.

if you didnt find it different or worthwhile, would you really post as often as you do?

Such strange posts around these parts of late..

Someone remind me how this forum is different from the other bomber forums...?  I thought this was supposed to be real football chat and more practice updates and like actually stuff instead of just whining and arguing.

Losing does that to us. We are INSUFFERABLE!!!! Shoot me. I'm just the piano player. 

I get the sarcasm.  The big thing is, even though we aren't leading the league in Grey Cup trophies, we are leading in Grey Cup appearances.  I don't know when the last time the Leafs even made an appearance at the Stanley Cup.

I like the way you think!

It's reminded me what to say next time an eskiblow, stumpeder or roughie fan gives me a hard time. 

last time I was a Leafs fan, Jacques Plante & Bernie Parent were in net, Rick Ley & Mike Pelyk were on defense & Davey Keon was centre.

My era also. Idolized Keon, loved Ron Ellis, and later Henderson and Ullman when they came over in the red wing trade. Seems like yesterday. Left the leaf camp when WHA arrived in town.

last time I was a Leafs fan, Jacques Plante & Bernie Parent were in net, Rick Ley & Mike Pelyk were on defense & Davey Keon was centre.

Darryl Sittler, Lanny MacDonald, Borje Salming, Ian Turnbull, Mike Palmateer. Yeah baby!

Darryl Sittler, Lanny MacDonald, Borje Salming, Ian Turnbull, Mike Palmateer. Yeah baby!

I was BEFORE Salming. What about that??? ;)

Here is what is was like growing up in Canada in the 1960's. If you were from Western Canada you cheered for the Leafs. They were Western Canada's team no ifs, ands or buts. If you were in Quebec or parts of the Maritimes you cheered for the Habs. When the Leafs won the Stanley Cup last in 1967 it was like we all won the thing from Manitoba to the West Coast. I remember those days really well. Saturday night was a big night like it still is now with Ward Cornell hosting HNIC & Bill Hewitt's son doing play by play. There were no regional games. Everybody west of Toronto saw the Leafs on CBC. Everybody east saw Montreal. And when they met on national television, man oh man, it was a big deal. Just like the SC Final in 1967... Canada's 100th birthday. It was a huge deal. 

Here is what is was like growing up in Canada in the 1960's. If you were from Western Canada you cheered for the Leafs. They were Western Canada's team no ifs, ands or buts. If you were in Quebec or parts of the Maritimes you cheered for the Habs. When the Leafs won the Stanley Cup last in 1967 it was like we all won the thing from Manitoba to the West Coast. I remember those days really well. Saturday night was a big night like it still is now with Ward Cornell hosting HNIC & Bill Hewitt's son doing play by play. There were no regional games. Everybody west of Toronto saw the Leafs on CBC. Everybody east saw Montreal. And when they met on national television, man oh man, it was a big deal. Just like the SC Final in 1967... Canada's 100th birthday. It was a huge deal. 

Yeah nothing brought family and friends together like HNIC. Feels different today... I don't remember anyone calling him Bill  lol