Jason Vega torn MCL?

Judd

Alex Hall sure would look terrible right about now.

Yeah, where could we ever fit a loser like him in on this prestigious team?

More people assuming Hall wants to play in the CFL this season. If he planned on returning he would have been signed by a team by now. It's obvious he hasn't given up on catching on with another NFL team.

More people assuming Hall wants to play in the CFL this season. If he planned on returning he would have been signed by a team by now. It's obvious he hasn't given up on catching on with another NFL team.

Chris Matthews doesn't want to play in the CFL either, but we at least know the Bombers are interested if he does plan too as opposed to ''where would he fit?'' in regards to Hall.

This is what happens when you neglect your depth at one position and have to play an already injured player. Thankfully they picked up a guy in trade but how did we go over half the season without addressing the depth at this position? Kyle Walters has done some good things, but he has neglected some aspects of his job. The depth we have at DL and receiver in particular is alarmingly bad. 

Chris Matthews doesn't want to play in the CFL either, but we at least know the Bombers are interested if he does plan too as opposed to ''where would he fit?'' in regards to Hall.

So O'Shea doesn't want to publicly dump on his players by saying how great it would be to get Hall back to replace them. As for Matthews, I don't recall seeing any direct quotes from the Bombers about him - O'Shea might say the same thing about him if asked directly.

This is what happens when you neglect your depth at one position and have to play an already injured player. Thankfully they picked up a guy in trade but how did we go over half the season without addressing the depth at this position? Kyle Walters has done some good things, but he has neglected some aspects of his job. The depth we have at DL and receiver in particular is alarmingly bad. 

No kidding.  Just imagine what would happen if Jake Thomas went down.

We were 3-15 last year and the roster was alarmingly bad period. Not all the holes in the roster are going to be filled in one season, considering the group we had last year. It is going to take time to put together a well rounded roster from top to bottom. It may be frustrating but we'll get there. We're already miles ahead of where we were. To imply that Walters "neglected" parts of the roster is foolish. No one could have adequately addressed every position considering the shape we were in last season. It's just not possible.

We were 3-15 last year and the roster was alarmingly bad period. Not all the holes in the roster are going to be filled in one season, considering the group we had last year. It is going to take time to put together a well rounded roster from top to bottom. It may be frustrating but we'll get there. We're already miles ahead of where we were. To imply that Walters "neglected" parts of the roster is foolish. No one could have adequately addressed every position considering the shape we were in last season. It's just not possible.

The competition at defensive line and receiver was abysmal, arguably two of the easier spots to find players along with running back.  I'm fine with giving a pass on finding Canadians, that takes time, but literally no one was found at receiver and one guy was found at DL, a guy who has been pretty marginal.  Mack found Jeffers-Harris, Carr, Denmark and Matthews in his first 3 seasons, Hopkins, Turner, Vega, Hall, hell even a guy like Kenny Mainor.  

I've seen nobody close to any of those guys.  Hopefully we start seeing some guys at those two spots that give us some hope for being useful players when we'll be a great team, cause Bryant and Kelly sure won't be those guys, and Greg Peach probably won't be either.

I haven't been overwhelmed with the new import talent that was brought in this year either.  

I'm hoping it has to do with a new scouting team being setup over the off season and the group building their talent base.   If we don't see new imports next year that can make an impact or at least show well as rookies, it would be concerning.

I wish the CFL published negotiation lists.   It would be interesting to see how much the Bombers has changed since the change in the front office.

So O'Shea doesn't want to publicly dump on his players by saying how great it would be to get Hall back to replace them. As for Matthews, I don't recall seeing any direct quotes from the Bombers about him - O'Shea might say the same thing about him if asked directly.

There's a happy medium between not insulting your own players and professing that you have zero interest in a guy like Hall(which I believe to be true).

The competition at defensive line and receiver was abysmal, arguably two of the easier spots to find players along with running back.  I'm fine with giving a pass on finding Canadians, that takes time, but literally no one was found at receiver and one guy was found at DL, a guy who has been pretty marginal.  Mack found Jeffers-Harris, Carr, Denmark and Matthews in his first 3 seasons, Hopkins, Turner, Vega, Hall, hell even a guy like Kenny Mainor.  

Yes exactly, in his first three seasons as you said. Walters has had one offseason.

On top of that, I'm sorry but if we're calling guys like TJH, Carr, and Mainor finds then we must be pretty desperate. They were guys who showed flashes here and there who left fans wanting more but were unable to deliver. There's a reason those players are no longer in the CFL. Out of all those guys you mentioned, Denmark (who many people were content to let walk last year), Turner, and Vega are the only guys I'd consider finds. Matthews had one good season, and an awful second one, who even when healthy seemed to struggle making the easiest of catches, and if Hall was as special as we like to make him out to be, he'd have a job by now as well. Yes he's a good pure pass rusher, but he's not fundamentally sound as an all round defensive end.