Royal Blues

Floyd

Great, keep it classy.  I'd suggest the same thing is going to happen at the Banjo Bowl but the lady might be a police officer or a burly father.  Surprised the moderators let this image stand when they react so vigilantly to offencive language or spelling errors.

Won't be bringing it to the Banjo Bowl but I'm curious ... what would be the big deal if a police officer asked me to put the sign away?

Who was it? Someone with credibility or one of those dudes shagging missed FGs all day.

Lol. I'm not sure who it was. He was dressed in the same stuff that management wears or the same stuff they wear in the bomber store. Dress pants and a bomber shirt. I knew he worked there because I have seen him before and he had a radio and lanyard with a name tag (didn't read it). I was wearing my royal blue jersey and we were discussing the new jerseys in the league this year and I told him I didn't really like any of the signature jerseys. He said yeah and he agreed with me saying Reebok is just trying to make money and doesn't really care about what the fans want and that we will be wearing the cameos one more time this year as part of the contract. . Then said you will be glad next year as we will be wearing those all year and pointed to my jersey. Then he walked off. Now wether he was just pulling my chain or not I don't know which is why I asked if anyone else has heard this before. I kinda don't believe him lol. Why would he tell me this??

Who was it? Someone with credibility or one of those dudes shagging missed FGs all day.

Lol. I'm not sure who it was. He was dressed in the same stuff that management wears or the same stuff they wear in the bomber store. Dress pants and a bomber shirt. I knew he worked there because I have seen him before and he had a radio and lanyard with a name tag (didn't read it). I was wearing my royal blue jersey and we were discussing the new jerseys in the league this year and I told him I didn't really like any of the signature jerseys. He said yeah and he agreed with me saying Reebok is just trying to make money and doesn't really care about what the fans want and that we will be wearing the cameos one more time this year as part of the contract. . Then said you will be glad next year as we will be wearing those all year and pointed to my jersey. Then he walked off. Now wether he was just pulling my chain or not I don't know which is why I asked if anyone else has heard this before. I kinda don't believe him lol. Why would he tell me this??

dont play with my heart, sir.

insta ban if this isnt the case next year

Which is incomprehensible to me... if they want to make money the idea should be to sell as many jerseys as possible which is a lot easier when you make something the fans actually like. 

Which is incomprehensible to me... if they want to make money the idea should be to sell as many jerseys as possible which is a lot easier when you make something the fans actually like.

I agree! I mean I've already bought a royal but I'd buy another. I also own both new ones but don't think ill ever buy the camo one.

The new Royal Blues from Reebok. if you are normally an XL, what size should I buy. I remember trying on one last year & it seemed like I needed one 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear. Any suggestions. Living in Calgary I just can't go to the Bomber Store & try one on. 

Honestly I don't notice any difference between XL of the different types. I bought one of the latest round of royal blues and the XL seems the same as the rest going back to the Puma jerseys from the early 2000s.

The new Royal Blues from Reebok. if you are normally an XL, what size should I buy. I remember trying on one last year & it seemed like I needed one 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear. Any suggestions. Living in Calgary I just can't go to the Bomber Store & try one on.

Try a new reebok jersey a the Stamps store. I think it would be the same.

No, you mean the Washington Huskies. Their's is the same W but it has a purple outline.

Yeah, I get a lot of weird looks and double takes when I wear my big-W sweatshirt around here. People think I'm wearing knockoff Husky gear made by a colorblind bootlegger.

Ha, ha .I get ya. 

I heard from a guy who works for the Bombers today at the family fun day thing that the Bombers are going to royal blue next year full time. I didn't ask how he knew that but has anyone else heard this before?

I perhaps may have heard something that might be along those lines, maybe.

I heard from a guy who works for the Bombers today at the family fun day thing that the Bombers are going to royal blue next year full time. I didn't ask how he knew that but has anyone else heard this before?

I perhaps may have heard something that might be along those lines, maybe.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

No, you mean the Washington Huskies. Their's is the same W but it has a purple outline.

Yeah, I get a lot of weird looks and double takes when I wear my big-W sweatshirt around here. People think I'm wearing knockoff Husky gear made by a colorblind bootlegger.

Tell them it's the other way round. We've used the W logo since at least the 50s. ;)

Dear Winnipeg Blue Bomber Football Club:

Trust that on Saturday....you noted both the outstanding look of the uniforms (Royal Blue), on our team.... and the fans reaction to them - a great look, great tradition and a point of pride for a ton of Winnipeg football fans...... 

Contrast this to both, the revamped uniforms, (moving closer to Argo brand) in the last number of years and far worse.....the absolute atrocity of a 3rd jersey foisted on us, by the league, Reebok, or whoever......

Please give the "rad", "cool" and "edgy" marketing concepts a bit of a rest.  Try to understand that class, attractiveness, and distinction are actually well tried and true marketing concepts, in themselves. 

I get the idea of "expanding the brand" - but If you really must be "up to date" - well, far much more thought and effort, based on our already great brand - Winnipeg Blue Bombers.....needs to go into future uniform versions.  

Sincerely,

DoD

The Bombers missed a golden (and blue) opportunity to sell a lot of T-shirts last game if they had ones emblazoned with "I survived Banjo Bowl 2014" on them with spots where the score could be written in permanent marker- heck, even the gopher-humpers would have bought them.

Trust that on Saturday....you noted both the outstanding look of the uniforms (Royal Blue), on our team.... and the fans reaction to them - a great look, great tradition and a point of pride for a ton of Winnipeg football fans......

Contrast this to both, the revamped uniforms, (moving closer to Argo brand) in the last number of years and far worse.....the absolute atrocity of a 3rd jersey foisted on us, by the league, Reebok, or whoever......

Please give the "rad", "cool" and "edgy" marketing concepts a bit of a rest. Try to understand that class, attractiveness, and distinction are actually well tried and true marketing concepts, in themselves.

I get the idea of "expanding the brand" - but If you really must be "up to date" - well, far much more thought and effort, based on our already great brand - Winnipeg Blue Bombers.....needs to go into future uniform versions.

Sincerely,

DoD

On Saturday? Were they wearing them at the fan day or did you mean Sunday? And how do our regular jerseys look like the Argos brand? The royal blues are still our 3rd jersey. The signature ones will be worn a couple more times tops and then we will never have to look at them again (except on people who actually bought and wear them).

Having said that, bring back the royal blues as the #1 jersey.

And speaking of Royals, William and Kate are having another baby. :)

Please give the "rad", "cool" and "edgy" marketing concepts a bit of a rest. Try to understand that class, attractiveness, and distinction are actually well tried and true marketing concepts, in themselves.

Sincerely,

DoD

On Saturday? Were they wearing them at the fan day or did you mean Sunday? And how do our regular jerseys look like the Argos brand? The royal blues are still our 3rd jersey. The signature ones will be worn a couple more times tops and then we will never have to look at them again (except on people who actually bought and wear them).

Having said that, bring back the royal blues as the #1 jersey.

And speaking of Royals, William and Kate are having another baby. :)

This would be a more natural segue if you had linked this to Kuale screwing the Bombers on Sunday.