GDT: Winnipeg @ Hamilton

Rich

This one should be an easy win for us.  

There is no such thing as an easy win in the CFL. 

Sure there is.  We used to be the free spot on the Bingo card.

You think Hamilton right now is as bad as we were last year?

No, Burke is not coaching them. Mack is not the GM.

Pretty close to as bad.

Pretty close to as bad.

The Jim Daley Bombers weren't as bad as last years Bombers, The Redblacks aren't as bad as last years Bombers and the ticats certainly aren't anywhere close to as bad as last years Bombers. 

Pretty close to as bad.

The Jim Daley Bombers weren't as bad as last years Bombers, The Redblacks aren't as bad as last years Bombers and the ticats certainly aren't anywhere close to as bad as last years Bombers. 

The only team I can remember being as bad overall from the coach on down to last year's Bomber team was the Argos when Count Chocula was their coach.  He was the only coach I think I've seen worse than Burke, and that's saying a lot.  I believe that Argo team only won 3 games all year as well.

Atomic, on 31 Jul 2014 - 2:27 PM, said:

TBURGESS, on 31 Jul 2014 - 2:21 PM, said:

Would have to agree, there most certainly are no easy wins in this league.  Sure, maybe our 2013 Bomber team was a pushover (except for the Als and Riders), but it's not too common a thing to see a team as rock bottom bad as 3-15 these days in this league.  Plus while there certainly will be teams finishing below 0.500 and the 3 that get eliminated from the playoffs, I doubt any of those teams are gonna be 3-15 bad, from the looks of how things are going so far.

It is true the East as a whole looks really bad, but think about this, Ottawa and Hamilton have each only played 1 home game so far, that they each won.  Plus as more east teams start playing each other, things will have to sort themselves out out there.

And this may be premature, but Hamilton could even be the best team in the East right now.  They had one bad game, the one in Saskatchewan and with a broken O-line and a QB who's not as much of a scrambler plus the heavy heavy rain,  that obviously was a factor.  Remember, their other 2 road games were not blow out losses, they were close losses that the Ticats were maybe even just one play away from winning.

We can't go into tonight non-chalantly because Hamilton most certainly is looking at this one as a huge one.  A win tonight could jump start a run for them.

Obviously everyone's mentioning our D vs LeFevour and Gable, I'm curious to see how Bellefeuille attacks them.  Obviously last year our O going up against their D was ugly, but we got a new one now and the wheels have been turning fairly good for it so far.  Lotta what ifs tonight that gotta be answered.

Any team, except maybe Calgary, starting their 2nd string QB and 3 or 4 backup O lineman would be considered an easy game.  That's not to say they can't beat us, but they shouldn't.  I'm not suggesting that we should take them lightly, but lets face it, this is one of the easiest games we have have on the schedule.

Any team, except maybe Calgary, starting their 2nd string QB and 3 or 4 backup O lineman would be considered an easy game.  That's not to say they can't beat us, but they shouldn't.  I'm not suggesting that we should take them lightly, but lets face it, this is one of the easiest games we have have on the schedule.

The other team gets paid to play too. Look no further than the game against Montreal.

The #Bombers will have both Nic Grigsby and Paris Cotton dressed tonight. Interested to see what happens with that.

As long as Woods is still returning kicks and punts and it's not another Keystone Kops routine with Cotton and Washington fumbling all over the place.

This is why I think we may lose tonight.

nice problem you have, website so popular during games, it's hard to get in sometimes…

well done, you're doing a great job here.

There is something goofy going on during games which I believe is tied to the chat room, and it isn't tied to the number of people hitting the website.  We should have no problems keeping up with any kind of traffic this site would get.   I've noticed it during both away games now so it isn't a coincidence. (not home during home games so I'm not monitoring it).

I logged a ticket with our hosting company during the last game, they didn't get to it until after the game was over, but they did say that the logs indicated that the server was running out of memory and constantly rebooting.   They tried changing a few optimizations and have a few other ideas to try if it doesn't get fixed.

People already in the chat room aren't affected as the chat room is hosted off site.

We didn't see this last year as we were on a different hosting company and setup at the time.

So, if you have problems with the site tonight during the game, please have patience, I'll be monitoring it and trying to get it fixed.

If you want in the chat room, best to get in a little early before the game.  If we are experiencing difficulties again, be patient and keep trying, the server will reboot and you will be able to get in before it runs out of memory and goes down again :)

So the site went down again during the game.  It looks like the load of people hitting the home page is just too great and causing server restarts.

We are going to be looking at doing an upgrade to see if we can fix this.  Should be minimal down time, if any.

Good news that the site is getting this busy!

nice problem you have, website so popular during games, it's hard to get in sometimes…

well done, you're doing a great job here.

There is something goofy going on during games which I believe is tied to the chat room, and it isn't tied to the number of people hitting the website.  We should have no problems keeping up with any kind of traffic this site would get.   I've noticed it during both away games now so it isn't a coincidence. (not home during home games so I'm not monitoring it).

I logged a ticket with our hosting company during the last game, they didn't get to it until after the game was over, but they did say that the logs indicated that the server was running out of memory and constantly rebooting.   They tried changing a few optimizations and have a few other ideas to try if it doesn't get fixed.

People already in the chat room aren't affected as the chat room is hosted off site.

We didn't see this last year as we were on a different hosting company and setup at the time.

So, if you have problems with the site tonight during the game, please have patience, I'll be monitoring it and trying to get it fixed.

If you want in the chat room, best to get in a little early before the game.  If we are experiencing difficulties again, be patient and keep trying, the server will reboot and you will be able to get in before it runs out of memory and goes down again :)

So the site went down again during the game.  It looks like the load of people hitting the home page is just too great and causing server restarts.

We are going to be looking at doing an upgrade to see if we can fix this.  Should be minimal down time, if any.

Good news that the site is getting this busy!

Better add some resources to the Chat Room ... too hard to get in & stay in .... would be nice to access the complete game chat  history as well

Sooo....that was an interesting finish. Hated those early 3s that shoulda been 7s and hated the momentum shift in the second half but man, that's some kinda final drive. The Shark Club was a-rockin'...

When JFG fumbled the ball late when they were marching I was livid... but not to worry, if you look up clutch in the dictionary they got a picture of Drew Willy

Add to that that insane catch that Feoli-Gudino made at the 3 yd. line….and hung onto the ball.

Awesome.

JFG got smashed and held onto that ball. Unreal hands. Definitely made up for the fumble earlier IMO. The kids proving himself every game he draws in..

Also, damn site kept page cannot be displayed for me tonite..

Holy balls that ending was insane.  We absolutely dominated the game for the first half, fell asleep in the third quarter and woke up just in time.  They need to figure out how to keep the offense clicking through the whole game and in the redzone.  Too often they are getting away from what works once in the redzone, for instance.  Don't change your strategy all of a sudden just because its the 19 yard line.

I ripped of Grigsby all game, and almost threw up when we handed off to him on the two yard line, but at least he made the crucial catch.

I have to give extra kudos for two players on the team who have been questioned as to why they are on this team.

They worked their butts off tonight and were prominent in securing this victory.

For two unsung heroes,

Greg Peach, who had a hell of a game tonight 5 tackles, 2 sacks and constant pressure,

and Aaron Kelly who came in tonight and picked up where Nick Moore left off, 7 catches 101 yards.

Gentlemen, I salute your efforts...

I have to give extra kudos for two players on the team who have been questioned as to why they are on this team.

They worked their butts off tonight and were prominent in securing this victory.

For two unsung heroes,

Greg Peach, who had a hell of a game tonight 5 tackles, 2 sacks and constant pressure,

and Aaron Kelly who came in tonight and picked up where Nick Moore left off, 7 catches 101 yards.

Gentlemen, I salute your efforts...

Great call.. Peach played like a man possessed tonight.. Outstanding game. Really changed my opinion of him.. And Kelly showed why he has been entrenched on our receivers corps since last season..

Honorable mention to Zach Anderson as he played one very good game as well..

No love for Zach Anderson? He's another pure hard work guy. Hell I could list a lot of people I thought had a great game. The fact that they were ever trailing in the game let alone needing a last minute drive to win is kind of puzzling. Aside from that one  stretch seemed to me the Bombers were pretty much in control of the whole game.