Number Two QBs

BigBlue

CFL News @CFL_News

#Alouettes coaching staff have told QB Troy Smith that he needs to play better. Otherwise he will be replaced. #CFL via @DidierRDS

Replaced by who? Tanner Marsh? The only difference between Smith and Marsh is the color of their skin. Both of them can't do much but erratically throw the ball deep. 

I'm a little surprised Neiswander was never picked up actually.

lol

Not saying that he's great, but better than Alex Brink at least.

You look at the number 2 QB'S in the league as a whole and man there is not much there really.. Outside of Tate in Calgary.. It's a bunch of really "unproven guys"

BC: Since Glenn is the starter, Beck aint anything special. Is there any guarantee Lulay is even back this season? Not a bad 1/2 if Lulay is healthy but... he's not...

Edmonton: Reilly.. Nichols isn't that proven at all either, the only thing that is proven when Nichols plays is he gets hurt badly most times.. That's not a shot cuz i like the guy and hope to see him do well but... Not exactly proven

Calgary.. Like i said outside of Calgary

Sask: Durant is solid but behind him is unproven Tino Sunseri. 

Wpg: Brohm.

Toronto has Harris, he's looked good in limited reps but... hasn't proven anything either

Hamilton? Lefevour now and who? Masoli? Not much experience there

Ottawa, behind burris you got demarco who did not look good in the pre-season at all, has experience last year with BC but... Ottawa aint BC. 

Montreal; Smith has less than a year in the league, Marsh too really.. Brink is their most experienced QB. 

I think Collaros could do well under a different system. Also having any sort of protection would of helped.

He has already proven that he can be productive in a better system.  I wouldn't write him off yet and expect him to show his worth in the seconds half of the season once the Ti-Cats get their act together.  They've got a lot of vet talent on that club that probably doesn't take kindly to getting thumped.

CFL News @CFL_News

#Alouettes coaching staff have told QB Troy Smith that he needs to play better. Otherwise he will be replaced. #CFL via @DidierRDS

Replaced by who? Tanner Marsh? The only difference between Smith and Marsh is the color of their skin. Both of them can't do much but erratically throw the ball deep. 

I'm a little surprised Neiswander was never picked up actually.

lol

Not saying that he's great, but better than Alex Brink at least.

Brink has a wind-up, but Neiswander has no arm whatsoever.  

Als. would have been smart to go after Glenn but Wally's not going to let him go until after the Grey Cup now.

If and its a big "if", Lulay bounces back, maybe Wally would trade Glenn to Montreal- that would be a good fit for him, and none of the incumbents there are showing that they are the answer. The other concern is whether Lulay is injury-prone. If he is, all bets are off.

I think Collaros could do well under a different system. Also having any sort of protection would of helped.

He has already proven that he can be productive in a better system. 

The offensive system isn't the issue. Collaros takes a long time to go through his progressions and he has a long delivery as well. Not a big deal behind an offensive line like Toronto - Quite a big deal behind a line like Hamilton.

He has already proven that he can be productive in a better system.

The offensive system isn't the issue. Collaros takes a long time to go through his progressions and he has a long delivery as well. Not a big deal behind an offensive line like Toronto - Quite a big deal behind a line like Hamilton.

I think he'd be good in a system where he constantly is on the go by design

Interesting Collaros goes to a team that has some significant O line issues and now he's a bum. Ditto with Glenn in BC. If they tracked drop passes and didn't count them as QB incompletions what might Burris' pass rating be? Interesting MLB tracks errors perhaps football might catch up on that stat. Snap judgements and can look at the big picture sometimes.

Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS 21h

If Troy Smith ends up being benched, expect Alex Brink and not Tanner Marsh to replace him. #Alouettes #CFL

Dindwiddie probably see himself in Brink and I agree. :D

Wow.... Montreal could be in trouble this year.... I have nothing against Brink personally, but I'd rather have Marve starting than him...

With Brink there seemed to be no shortage of class and work ethic. It was an issue with his wind-up and time to get the ball away.

And no pocket presence, combined with the deliberate release.  Even with all the terrible QB's we've had over the years, I can't recall anyone getting hit nearly as many times in mid-delivery as Brink.  He'd be a very good CFL QB if that improved.