Just watched the replay of the Als game

Mike

Serious home field advantage on second last play. 5 seconds left on the TSN game clock.

Ball is snapped, 2.74 seconds go by before the game clock is started. Troy Smith has just released the ball when the clock actually starts.

Play ends with 1 second left on clock. Should have been game over. Thankfully Stala wasn't very sticky.

Serious home field advantage on second last play. 5 seconds left on the TSN game clock.

Ball is snapped, 2.74 seconds go by before the game clock is started. Troy Smith has just released the ball when the clock actually starts.

Play ends with 1 second left on clock. Should have been game over. Thankfully Stala wasn't very sticky.

I have to agree. Perhaps that old coot who used to handle the clock at Taylor Field/Regina is now working at Molson Field?

Yikes, the clock barely moved. Even worse than all the rubbish officiating and Rod Black!

The TSN clock isn't official and they have a history of not starting the clock until after the play starts if they stopped the clock early. When the TSN clock had 5 seconds on it, Rod Black said there were 5.9 seconds on the clock and the clock didn't start until the snap of the ball because of the Montreal time-out.

Also re-watched the game. Many of us were complaining about too many flags thrown but I'd say 85-90% of the calls were spot on and had to be called. We also got away with a PI call I feel in the fourth. The one Montreal challenged. Could have been a game ender.

Washingtons first fumble he just didn't read the kick right and was trying to back up. The second was a really good strip by the defender.

Even though Marve hasn't been spectacular on the one yard push he made everyone except one and one was for a TD. He seems to be getting a much bigger push from the oline.

All in all I feel if they play the same type of game against EDM and can gain an early lead they can make it 4-0. Just watch their penalties and ball protection.

I re-watched the Bomber's winning drive a couple of times and that was not a thing of beauty..  Penalties, dropped balls a couple of third down gambles and Drew Willy's best impression of Max Hall throwing a career ending interception into the endzone.  Still scratching my head how they managed to pull off the win but in the end every win counts the same in the standings.

I re-watched the Bomber's winning drive a couple of times and that was not a thing of beauty..  Penalties, dropped balls a couple of third down gambles and Drew Willy's best impression of Max Hall throwing a career ending interception into the endzone.  Still scratching my head how they managed to pull off the win but in the end every win counts the same in the standings.

I've been on teams when they believe in one another & no matter if they're losing, they believe they can win. It's powerful, believe me. And a team like that doesn't come together very often. When everyone has each others back & believes the guy next to him does too as well as trusting he will do his job... GREAT THINGS happen. It all starts with the head coach & his coaches...

There was only two penalties.

Here is a break down:

1st - Drop Pass

2nd - Run by Drew Willy for 1st Down

1st - Catch by Feoli-Gudino

2nd - Over thrown (Montreal 10 yard penalty)

1st - Catch by Grigsby

2nd - Catch by Kohlert for first down

1st - Over thrown (Procedure on wpg 5 yards)

1st - Catch by Grigsby

2nd - over thrown

3rd - catch and first down by Moore

1st - Almost picked off by Tisdale

2nd - Over thrown

3rd - TD catch by Feoli-Gudino

You're right.  Not the prettiest drive but Burke probably would have told the team to take a knee and save our energy for the next game...

Beauty is in the eye of the TD-holder…..Julian Feoli-Gudino.

Drew Willy willed that game out of the hands of the Alouettes right into the hands of Kohlert, Kohlert again, Grigsby, Moore, JF-G, and of course his own 1st down run.

Beauty is nice…winning is better.

I re-watched the Bomber's winning drive a couple of times and that was not a thing of beauty.. Penalties, dropped balls a couple of third down gambles and Drew Willy's best impression of Max Hall throwing a career ending interception into the endzone. Still scratching my head how they managed to pull off the win but in the end every win counts the same in the standings.

I've been on teams when they believe in one another & no matter if they're losing, they believe they can win. It's powerful, believe me. And a team like that doesn't come together very often. When everyone has each others back & believes the guy next to him does too as well as trusting he will do his job... GREAT THINGS happen. It all starts with the head coach & his coaches...

Yeah, the best teams I ever played on weren't dominant, they were the teams that would bail each other out of trouble.

D gives up an easy TD or goal? O gets it back. O turns the ball over? D forces a punt or turnover. Those were my favorite teams to play for.

On the game winning drive, Montreal blitzed on every play and were in Willy's grill every time. On the winning catch by JFG no blitz and Montreal drops back into coverage and JFG is wide open. Bit of a head scratcher. Cox was way out of position.

Couldn't figure out where they're other DB's went to.  Cox is a LB. 

Even that catch was a miracle coming straight over JFG's head like it did.  Next time they try that play I hope they skew the angle of the throw at least 10-20 degrees to reduce the difficulty of the reception.

On the game winning drive, Montreal blitzed on every play and were in Willy's grill every time. On the winning catch by JFG no blitz and Montreal drops back into coverage and JFG is wide open. Bit of a head scratcher. Cox was way out of position.

Couldn't figure out where they're other DB's went to.  Cox is a LB. 

Even that catch was a miracle coming straight over JFG's head like it did.  Next time they try that play I hope they skew the angle of the throw at least 10-20 degrees to reduce the difficulty of the reception.

so w

So what will make you satisfied? Perfection on every play for the whole game?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge on Montreal's scheme on that call.  They pushed Winnipeg into reacting to the blitz on each play and decided it was time pull back on third down and make Willy beat them with a perfect throw.  It just worked out that JFG got the better jump on the defender sneaking behind coverage, and Willy threw it right where it needed to be.  The scheme was called correctly, it was just poorly executed.

I also liked how calm Drew Willy stayed throughout the whole drive.  He didn't over react and yell at his recievers when they dropped a ball (Like Durant likes to do), he didn't pout when he missed his recievers (Like Glenn Does), and when he made the TD throw he didn't throw his fist in the air and celebrate like he had just won the Grey Cup (like Burris likes to do).  He acted like Ray does, cool calm and collected from the start to the finish and he had no expression on his face even after the TD was made. 

Montreal has one of, if not the best overall defensive units in the league. It's rarely going to be "a thing of beauty" against them. As long as you get the job done, and we did, that's all that matters.

Not to beat a dead horse, but its hard to overestimate the impact Willy had when he took off for the first down in mid-drive. I wouldn't want him to do that on every second play, but if he is a threat to run, it changes the whole defensive game plan. I hope if the opportunity presents itself early in the game against the Esks, Willy takes off once or twice, it ought to shake up things pretty well.