Butchko Recommends Firing Mack *update Buchko Resigns & Mack Fired Wade Miller Hired As Acting Ceo*

holoman

This is why if you're CEO with the Bombers you don't take a holiday during the season. Maybe that's not fair but it's comes with the job. When **** happens & you're not there it becomes a cluster****.

Betcha Botch is tearing a strip off his family right now. Fricken kids and their goddamn vacations. 

There is no doubt in my mind that we will have a new head coach next season and likely new assistants as well except maybe for a couple spots. No GM is going to come here and be saddled with these coaches. If these coaches were good enough the GM wouldn't be on his way out the door.

If the players were good enough we wouldn't be talking about the coaches or the GM. There is not enough talent on this team right now and there hasn't been for the entire time Mack has been running the show.

here's the other thing that bugs me about the timing, we have 3 more games against hamilton who are a bit of a clusterfuck themselves, 2 games against Edmonton who are a clusterfuck themselves, another game against Montreal who are a clusterfuck, why not give them the rest of the year and see how it goes? Looking at that number of games and how teams have played can we really say that if the bombers made the playoffs they'd be written off playing one of those other 3 teams in the playoffs? And if you win a game there then you're one fluke away from playing for the grey cup. Just a terrible time to fire someone and then to completely botch the firing process like this....  can we resurrect Cal Murphy and hire him to run the team entirely?

The Bombers can't stay silent on this, vacations or not.  The longer this goes without official comment, the worse this is going to get.

At this point, even if they put their support behind Mack publicly, people are going to believe he is a lame duck. 

Whoever leaked this has painted the club into a horrible corner.

I just can't agree with the timing of this.  After the season if we continue to suck, sure.  Don't see how this improves the team enough to make the playoffs this year.

if they lost one or both Hamilton games, then it'd make sense as well because the team is in a deep hole record wise. Right now it is just the worst possible timing. 

I believe this is the result of hiring a "non-football" guy to be in charge of running a football team. 

Not only the timing of this recommendation, but totally how it was handled.

His hiring is totally questionable.

Maybe next week, Buchko will read something on Twitter about his status.

People are going to have to realize .. we are not going to turn into a winner overnight .. change won't happen right away .. it's going to take time .. I wonder if the board or the fans have the patience to build a winner ..

based on past history, no they do not. Lack of patience is the single biggest reason the grey cup drought has stretched out as long as it has. 

I believe this is the result of hiring a "non-football" guy to be in charge of running a football team. 

Not only the timing of this recommendation, but totally how it was handled.

His hiring is totally questionable.

Maybe next week, Buchko will read something on Twitter about his status.

you know what they should do? totally clean house. Fire buchko as well and then hire a new CEO and let that CEO hire his own GM and then let that GM hire is HC. That way we end this bloody cycle of people inheriting people they didn't hire. If you're going to clean house then burn the thing to the ground and start from step one. 

you know what they should do? totally clean house. Fire buchko as well and then hire a new CEO and let that CEO hire his own GM and then let that GM hire is HC. That way we end this bloody cycle of people inheriting people they didn't hire. If you're going to clean house then burn the thing to the ground and start from step one. 

That's what I was thinking.