Rod Pedersen Rumour: Tillman Courted By Bombers

Noeller

But we keep losing so how is that better? Maybe our NI depth is betterthan before  but to me it just means the NI depth & American depth  as well as the coaching is better than ours too. We're just spinning our wheels.

well the depth is better... but in the past we had some absolute superstars who were the best of the best that you could build around. Guys like Stegall or Roberts on the I side, Doug Brown or Labatte on the NI side. We don't have guys at that level right now, but the depth at the bottom of the roster is vastly superior. Why do we keep losing? well there does seem to be a bit of an identity crisis on the offense, what kind of team are they? what kind of quarterbacking do they get? defense seems like they have some issues in belief personally. guys trying to do too much and getting beat because of it, this is likely a by-product of the losing, they know they gotta make big plays to win a game and they're trying to hard to do that. 

This year we're starting a way past his best before date Terrence Edwards, a pereniially underacheiving Denmark, and a rookie of the year who has done absolutely nothing in Chris Matthews, then we're throwing in guys like Pierce and Anderson, and neither of them even look half as good as Etienne or Kohlert.

well the depth is better... but in the past we had some absolute superstars who were the best of the best that you could build around. Guys like Stegall or Roberts on the I side, Doug Brown or Labatte on the NI side. We don't have guys at that level right now, but the depth at the bottom of the roster is vastly superior. Why do we keep losing? well there does seem to be a bit of an identity crisis on the offense, what kind of team are they? what kind of quarterbacking do they get? defense seems like they have some issues in belief personally. guys trying to do too much and getting beat because of it, this is likely a by-product of the losing, they know they gotta make big plays to win a game and they're trying to hard to do that. 

Edited. See my next response...

Our NI talent is leaps and bounds ahead of where it was during the Taman era and Kelly debacle, but that's about it.

Our NI receiving depth now compared to the end of 2009 is night & day. We have 4 guys now who would have been the best NI receiver on that 2009 team.

Elsewhere the improvement is marginal. We have two prospects on the OL that I have high hopes for, but they need to show something before I can consider them much of an upgrade. I'm also slightly concerned that Swiston hasn't been able to take the RG job from Morley yet.

At least Tillman doesn't beat his wife (Mike Kelly). I had quite a few words devoted to this very possibility on my blog this week too.  http://www.bluebastard.ca/?p=513

One comment I got that resonated with me: "We need someone who has experience in owning the league rather than another saviour who claims to have a vision the rest of us cannot abide or even see."

Personally, I'm tired of the rookie GMs who get promoted into the job. It's time to hire someone who has experience (and not from the 80s either).

I could care less who's *** Tillman grabs, all I know is that I'm sick of losing and the weekly expectations that come with it. Let's get him in the office over the bye week.

At least Tillman doesn't beat his wife (Mike Kelly). I had quite a few words devoted to this very possibility on my blog this week too. http://www.bluebastard.ca/?p=513

One comment I got that resonated with me: "We need someone who has experience in owning the league rather than another saviour who claims to have a vision the rest of us cannot abide or even see."

Personally, I'm tired of the rookie GMs who get promoted into the job. It's time to hire someone who has experience (and not from the 80s either).

I could care less who's *** Tillman grabs, all I know is that I'm sick of losing and the weekly expectations that come with it. Let's get him in the office over the bye week.

a) it was a girlfriend..

B) he was attacked by her when he moved out..

c) wasnt convicted.. took an anger management class..

but yea i mean molesting a minor is much better, lulz.

a) Yes, I know, it was Mike Kellly's g/f.  Tillman is married...

c) Tillman wasn't convicted either, he was given a conditional discharge.

Everyone's neglecting to mention how good Sask was when he was in charge. I had to watch them beat us in the 95th Grey Cup in person.  Only reason he got fired was for that grab.  Yeah the Ricky trade was bone headed but a lot of fans out there were calling for a trade in the years leading up to it.  Ottawa was an expansion team with worse management than the bombers.  In his last 7 years as GM his teams only missed the playoffs once.  He's not the messiah, but he's not a rookie either.  Yeah it's sexy being with a virgin but after a few you realize they really have no idea what they're doing (probably not the best analogy given the context).  Time for someone with recent experience.

I'm sure a rational argument could be made for Tillman.

All I'm saying is the man disgusts me and I wouldn't buy a ticket or support the team in any way while he was the GM here. And I'm a big supporter right now and have been even through the really bad years. To me, the small chance for a few extra wins doesn't justify hiring a guy who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a minor and also made an absolute disaster of the last team he was GM for. We can do better.

Everyone's neglecting to mention how good Sask was when he was in charge. I had to watch them beat us in the 95th Grey Cup in person.  Only reason he got fired was for that grab.  Yeah the Ricky trade was bone headed but a lot of fans out there were calling for a trade in the years leading up to it.  Ottawa was an expansion team with worse management than the bombers.  In his last 7 years as GM his teams only missed the playoffs once.  He's not the messiah, but he's not a rookie either.  Yeah it's sexy being with a virgin but after a few you realize they really have no idea what they're doing (probably not the best analogy given the context).  Time for someone with recent experience.

Stop before you really embarrass yourself anymore....

Tillman sucks as a GM,  even when they did win in Saskatchewan nearly everyone said it was the players that Shivers brought in with Austin being the coach that gave them the cup.   

Tillman has had way more misses then wins with his trips around the league,   he's a dirt bag,  more crazy then Mike Kelly,   and he's simply a moron.   The complete wrong person the team should hire.  

Get off the Tillman wagon. Nobody here wants him. He's radioactive. He is the one that traded Ricky Ray as I pointed out earlier. What an asshat move that was. You think the Bombers are having issues now, it'll be ten times worse if they hire that douchebag.

Get off the Tillman wagon. Nobody here wants him. He's radioactive. He is the one that traded Ricky Ray as I pointed out earlier. What an asshat move that was. You think the Bombers are having issues now, it'll be ten times worse if they hire that douchebag.

The Bombers are on the edge of a serious fan revolt. 

The next GM has to be a winner with no baggage, and that is NOT Tillman.