Goltz Named Starter For Rest Of Season

Atomic

I don't expect Goltz to do anything.

But he shouldn't have to. Buck should be a better teammate.

I'll be honest though ... the locker room is tired of this sideshow. The team as a whole has been ready to move on for a while.

Yes, the time has indeed come. No doubt. This went on far too long. No guarantee Goltz is the guy but he has to be given the opportunity to try.

What's Goltz gonna do? Pick a fight with him? Buck said it, so what? Should be water off a duck's back if that's the worst thing anyone ever says about Goltz. But yeah, he should have kept his mouth shut.

Goltz basically said the same thing about Pierce last week,  something like "this city is waiting for a consistent qb".

Yes, the time has indeed come. No doubt. This went on far too long. No guarantee Goltz is the guy but he has to be given the opportunity to try.

Simple fact is that the organization has finally woken up and realized they need continuity at the most important position on the field.

Interesting to see if Bucknhas the last laugh and is around in whatever capacity then some of those who declared him done. At thiscpointvhe would likely be a better OC than the imposter that is currently borrowing the title. Crowton needs to check his library card he and his play book are overdue.

The real quality of Crowton as an OC will be shown in the coming weeks. They built an offense to protect Pierce and it didn't work at all, now that the attempt to wrap the qb in bubble wrap isn't needed we can see what he's actually all about. We saw progress at the end of last season, let's see if that continues now. 

It will be interesting  next year with Goltz and Collaros fighting out who will be #1.

GM  Very capable: John Murphy

http://www.stampeders.com/john_murphy

Or......Am i just dreaming........

Doubt we hire Murphy. Seems like a more personable version of Mack.

I'd like to see them take a run at the assistant in BC.

I have a feeling Duane Forde rumours return (yeesh)

It will be interesting  next year with Goltz and Collaros fighting out who will be #1.

GM  Very capable: John Murphy

http://www.stampeders.com/john_murphy

Or......Am i just dreaming........

Yes. When it comes to Collaros. Are we going to give up a first rounder for him. We could have the top pick in the draft next year. We didn't want to do that for Reilly so why would we do it for Collaros? Even with a new GM I don't think that would happen.

Higgins.... Best guy out there for us. 

I'm inclined to agree. He's be safe, make good choices, wouldn't embarrass the team, be good with the media.

But he had the luxury of Ricky Ray. Made him look a lot better.

And did he even find Ray?

Also, I meant the assistant GM in BC. Although Chap or Dickenson would be my choices for HC 

Fair enough, maybe his time has come, that's not what I'm arguing. My point is this, and it's a simple one: Anyone expecting a different answer from an athlete on how it feels to be demoted, or taken out of a starters role, is simply kidding themselves. To criticize him for having the same answer that any other athlete would is beyond stupid.

Common sense, you and Buck both lack it, it has cost our team dearly and for all we know Buck's health as well.