Goltz Named Starter For Rest Of Season

Atomic

No point in firing any of the coaching staff during this season.... FINALLY we got Burke to make the right decision and start Goltz so we might as well ride this wave and give Goltz his experience and then next off season we sign a new OC to run the offense.  

stupid attitude. You can't fire someone you don't have a replacement for. You say it couldn't get worse, but it might actually get worse, especially given the limitations already on the offensive side of this coaching staff. 

I don't know why everyone is so hot and bothered to fire people in the middle of the season. Wait until the offseason to make changes and you have many more options to replace people with which should lead to better hires to avoid these kinds of situations in the first place. 

Nope.  What's stupid is continuing with someone who isn't doing their job.  I didn't say it couldn't get worse, but I know it won't change unless we make a change.  When things are as bad as our offense in Winnipeg, you make changes.  You don't just keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different outcome.

I understand that good coaches have jobs at this time of the year.  I also understand that there are other coaches out there who could help us.  Maybe it get's better.  We won't know unless we try.  Even if it gets worse, it won't change the number of wins we get.  

Nope.  What's stupid is continuing with someone who isn't doing their job.  I didn't say it couldn't get worse, but I know it won't change unless we make a change.  When things are as bad as our offense in Winnipeg, you make changes.  You don't just keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different outcome.

I understand that good coaches have jobs at this time of the year.  I also understand that there are other coaches out there who could help us.  Maybe it get's better.  We won't know unless we try.  Even if it gets worse, it won't change the number of wins we get.  

there are other things to try at this point in time, one of them is trying a new qb. It just makes much more sense in the long term to fire coaches at the end of the year, especially when you're already bare bones on the offensive side of things right now. 

there are other things to try at this point in time, one of them is trying a new qb. It just makes much more sense in the long term to fire coaches at the end of the year, especially when you're already bare bones on the offensive side of things right now. 

I'd be happy to wait until the end of the year to get rid of Burke and Mack, but I'd rather change out the OC RFN and I don't want Burke picking him, because Burke already said he knows nothing about offense. 

I'm not the guy who finds the next OC, so I don't need to have a specific one in mind.  It's the same reasoning when I eat out.  I don't have to have a new chef in mind to know the current one needs to be replaced.

I'd be happy to wait until the end of the year to get rid of Burke and Mack, but I'd rather change out the OC RFN and I don't want Burke picking him, because Burke already said he knows nothing about offense. 

I'm not the guy who finds the next OC, so I don't need to have a specific one in mind.  It's the same reasoning when I eat out.  I don't have to have a new chef in mind to know the current one needs to be replaced.

yeah but when you could fire the chef but the only guy to replace him with is the night janitor does it make sense to fire the chef? Come on you are smarter than what you're saying. You're really just coming off as a panicky fool demanding someone lose their job to appease that anger.