New Leadership - "Clean Break" from the "Old Guard"

Armchair GM

Does anyone else feel with Edwards' retirement (and I DO NOT mean this as a critique of Edwards AT ALL) the Bombers now have essentially achieved a "clean break" from the "old guard" leadership-wise?  Burke and Crowton and their assistants are gone.  Buck's gone. Jovon, BStew, and Hefney (key Swaggerville guys) are gone.  Muamba and Edwards are gone (but I don't believe they were the problem).  O'Shea's in with new(ish) co-ordinators.  Willy's the QB.  Nick Moore has been brought in to be a #1 SB.  Korey Banks and 2 other DB's have been brought in. 

If Walters' goal is to change the culture, one would think that with all of the key moves made this offseason, that he's shed the locker room of a great deal of the "old guard."  Only question I have is whether or not we've brought in enough new leadership to fill the void.

Team should be interesting this year, and should have a whole different attitude and personality... when vets like Jovon are allowed to walk without even an offer, it sets the tone. 

Does anyone else feel with Edwards' retirement (and I DO NOT mean this as a critique of Edwards AT ALL) the Bombers now have essentially achieved a "clean break" from the "old guard" leadership-wise?  Burke and Crowton and their assistants are gone.  Buck's gone. Jovon, BStew, and Hefney (key Swaggerville guys) are gone.  Muamba and Edwards are gone (but I don't believe they were the problem).  O'Shea's in with new(ish) co-ordinators.  Willy's the QB.  Nick Moore has been brought in to be a #1 SB.  Korey Banks and 2 other DB's have been brought in. 

If Walters' goal is to change the culture, one would think that with all of the key moves made this offseason, that he's shed the locker room of a great deal of the "old guard."  Only question I have is whether or not we've brought in enough new leadership to fill the void.

Team should be interesting this year, and should have a whole different attitude and personality... when vets like Jovon are allowed to walk without even an offer, it sets the tone. 

I hear what you're saying and I agree. Going in a different leadership direction for sure and will be very interesting in what tone is set and how accountability is shared with all of this staff and player turnover.

Losing has a way of wiping the slate clean. That's what this is. 

The Bombers needed to wipe the slate clean, even though IMO Edwards shouldn't be tossed in with some of the negative marks we've seen under the old leadership, but as for the defensive leadership it has to be a good thing.

As Mike pointed out.

This is Korey Banks' defense, Drew Willy's offense and Mike O'Shea's team.

Should be interesting.

Although I'm a little bit distraught over the fact that Turner wasn't mentioned.

If we have any leadership from the coaching staff this season that will be an improvement on 2013.

Listening to Edwards phone conference yesterday...I kinda of hoped he would go off on the dysfunction that 2013 was, felt like he kind of wanted to, but also had too much respect for the holdovers (Walters) and the new staff to do that.  Although by suggesting he had something strong to say he kind of did it anyway.

It's one of those things that has to trickle down right from the top.  Hard to pick on players for being leaders or not considering the total dysfunction of the last few seasons from the board to Buchko on down through the front office to the coaching staff.

The Bombers needed to wipe the slate clean, even though IMO Edwards shouldn't be tossed in with some of the negative marks we've seen under the old leadership, but as for the defensive leadership it has to be a good thing.

As Mike pointed out.

Should be interesting.

Although I'm a little bit distraught over the fact that Turner wasn't mentioned.

The mere mention of his name could possibly obliterate the rest of the team.  And, unfortunately, he can't take the field by himself.

As Mike pointed out.

Should be interesting.

The mere mention of his name could possibly obliterate the rest of the team. And, unfortunately, he can't take the field by himself.

Well, he could but CFL mandated he have team mates as a handicapping of sorts..