Bombers trade Etienne for Drew Willy, extend Willy

Atomic

Willy is being brought in as the starter, no doubt.  Hall earn the right to return to the club.  I suspect, however, that we will see a new #3 in place of Goltz.  He didn't show well as a starter, but had a good record on short yardage.  I still don't understand why the team went to Boltus in that role for the last few games, when it was clear that Goltz was better at that role.  I can only assume that they have given up on him.   

Wow, is all I can say, Walters is impossible to read.  

And this is a very good thing. The other day I made the analogy of Walters being in a poker game. Now you see why. He handled things beautifully.

Hey, does Paul Wiecek owe Walters some sort of apology for dissing his handling of all things Bomber thus far?

I'd actually avoid trading for Glenn now.  We have Willy and I think we do everything we can to surround him with talent.  Free agency, the draft, we want to give Willy the best chance to succeed.  I don't want to give up an asset for Glenn then plunk Willy on the bench.  I'd consider Glenn a target for our backup spot, if Ottawa wants us to toss them a late rounder or something inconsequential.

To add onto this now, Penton says we're not considering trading for Glenn. (though I am assuming that isn't a finite decision)

Here's to the future!

53499616.jpg

Lets all hope that Drew Willy is the QB we've been dreaming of and not another...Goltz, Boltus, Hall, Brink, Elliot, Jyles, Michna, Ah Yet, Bishop, Lefors, Quinn, Dinwiddie, Banks, Barnes, and of course Tee Martin (I left out Pierce, Glenn, and Khari because they had success and took us to the Grey Cup, that being said I hope Willy eclipses them all!). 

Wow, is all I can say, Walters is impossible to read.  

And this is a very good thing. The other day I made the analogy of Walters being in a poker game. Now you see why. He handled things beautifully.

Hey, does Paul Wiecek owe Walters some sort of apology for dissing his handling of all things Bomber thus far?

No, I think Wiecek is still smarting from me simply telling him to "relax" in a tweet for which he blocked me afterwards.

I'd actually avoid trading for Glenn now.  We have Willy and I think we do everything we can to surround him with talent.  Free agency, the draft, we want to give Willy the best chance to succeed.  I don't want to give up an asset for Glenn then plunk Willy on the bench.  I'd consider Glenn a target for our backup spot, if Ottawa wants us to toss them a late rounder or something inconsequential.

To add onto this now, Penton says we're not considering trading for Glenn. (though I am assuming that isn't a finite decision)

Dumb ass Desjardins made his poo bed, now he can sleep and stink in it.

Wow, is all I can say, Walters is impossible to read.

No, I think Wiecek is still smarting from me simply telling him to "relax" in a tweet for which he blocked me afterwards.

He blocked me to for correcting an inaccuracy in one of his reports.

Wow, is all I can say, Walters is impossible to read.

He blocked me to for correcting an inaccuracy in one of his reports.

Friesen is definitely an assclown.

I still don't understand why the team went to Boltus in that role for the last few games, when it was clear that Goltz was better at that role.  I can only assume that they have given up on him.   

Tim Burke held grudges but didn't have the balls to out right cut a player. 

For all the worries about Willy and the fans not settling for a young QB, did you know Khari had a total of 43 pass attempts before he joined us? Worked out well and fans didn't ride him out of town.

Even Kevin Glenn wasn't overly experienced when we traded for him, on the other hand there's guys like Lefors who don't work out.

Time will tell, but I have some optimism that we may have lucked out with Willy.

I wonder in retrospect what Walters' opinion of Jade and Kito at the time of their picking was.  There was chatter that Walters wanted others but Mack got his way.  Is Walters the smart one here?

Walters did mention Brad Sinopoli who played most of last season for the Stamps but as the story goes when Walters mentioned his name Mack said "who is Brad Sinopoli"?

I wonder in retrospect what Walters' opinion of Jade and Kito at the time of their picking was.  There was chatter that Walters wanted others but Mack got his way.  Is Walters the smart one here?

Walters did mention Brad Sinopoli who played most of last season for the Stamps but as the story goes when Walters mentioned his name Mack said "who is Brad Sinopoli"?

Walters also apparently wanted Scott Mitchell over Henoc Muamba.

Nobody is bullet proof.

Walters also apparently wanted Scott Mitchell over Henoc Muamba.

Nobody is bullet proof.

Source?

I recall Muamba being a unanimous pick for the Bombers, in fact Walters did a lot of the leg work that upped his stock.

Etienne was the guy who had 5 good minutes at the combine and got Mack's undies in a bunch.

They will quickly anoint Willy as The Man, The Starter, and The Future, so when HAM dangles Glenn we won't appear needy.

Make no mistake, we need an experienced pivot behind that cheese cloth O Line.

There is no way Hamilton will dangle Glenn to anyone given he's under contract to Ottawa. ;)

Fair point. 

I think, with 600K tied up in 2 QBs, that OTT will still cut KG in camp.

Henry will NOT accept Glenn breathing down his neck. Even if Glenn (God forbid) was on life support and breathing with the help of a respirator, Henry would not feel comfortable. 

We may be able to get Glenn much like how Calgary got him after we were forced to cut him to avoid paying his bonus. 

Dumb ass Desjardins made his poo bed, now he can sleep and stink in it.

I don't think Glenn will play backup to Burris for long. Esks and BC will pick him up if Walters doesn't have plans for him. Wally plays fast and loose on trades. Hervey????

They will quickly anoint Willy as The Man, The Starter, and The Future, so when HAM dangles Glenn we won't appear needy.

There is no way Hamilton will dangle Glenn to anyone given he's under contract to Ottawa. ;)

Fair point. 

Henry will NOT accept Glenn breathing down his neck. Even if Glenn (God forbid) was on life support and breathing with the help of a respirator, Henry would not feel comfortable. 

We may be able to get Glenn much like how Calgary got him after we were forced to cut him to avoid paying his bonus. 

Glenn went from Winnipeg to Hamilton to Calgary to Ottawa.

Fair point. 

Glenn went from Winnipeg to Hamilton to Calgary to Ottawa.

Point is, we cut 'em for nothing cause the whole league knew we didn't want to pay his bonus.

Will Desjardins want to pay a guy 200 plus just to stress out his 400-plus prima donna?