Marcel Bellefeuille named Bombers OC

Noeller

I really would like clarity on the whole Boltus and Goltz situation . if they hated Goltz so much then why didn't they cut him?

Why wasn't Brown doing qb sneaks?

Yeah actually that would be cool to see Doug Brown come out of retirement just to do QB sneaks. We'd get 5 yards every time!

Ok the Dickenson screw up was funny because you didn't do it on purpose.  Now you're just milking it.

;)

Fair enough - but the visual of Doug Brown doing a QB sneak just makes me laugh for some reason...

Bombers took the "play safe" route here.....experience and continuity, over pursuing "excellence"... like say, trying to find the next great OC. 

Oh well....

At least MB has a clean slate this year (no trace of Crow)   We will see.

As far as the Goltz banishment....my money was on it being Burke's idea... in a typical attempt to deflect the heat.... from his own shortcomings.  

HC O'Shea and Bellefeuille on OC announcement:

http://www.bluebombers.com/video/index/id/93949?autostart=true

Some points:

- O'Shea liked that, in the interview, he noticed MB and he shared the same ideas and concepts on how an Offence should be run.

- And the way football should be played Mike: "it's like he read my notes"

MO' expects completely different results from the O after TC and with new players.

- Marcel was interested in coming back to Wpg. - the fans, the experience and Mike O'Shea being named HC

- Mike was impressed on how MB handled last year's tough situation the fact MB has HC experience and that they connected whenever they would talk football.

- DC search is ongoing but OC was a priority due to the numbers of teams looking for one.

- OC support staff will be hired through back and forth talks between MB and MO on how they want the Offence to go.

- The offence will be an overhaul on last year's for sure. They have about 20% installed already. There will be new ideas based on what MB has learned over the last year and a half and will be flexible to who they pick up.

Some points:

- O'Shea liked that, in the interview, he noticed MB and he shared the same ideas and concepts on how an Offence should be run.

- MO' expects completely different results form the O after TC and with new players.

- Marcel was interested in coming back to Wpg. - the fans, the experience and Mike O'Shea being named HC

- Mike was impressed on how MB handled last year's tough situation the fact MB has HC experience and that they connected whenever they would talk football.

- DC search is ongoing but OC was a priority due to the numbers of teams looking for one.

- OC support staff will be hired through back and forth talks between MB and MO on how they want the Offence to go.

- The offence will be an overhaul on last year's for sure. They have about 20% installed already. There will be new ideas based on what MB has learned over the last year and a half and will be flexible to who they pick up.

Awesome synopsis.. Thanks for that dee.. Also makes me more comfy with the idea of MB as oshgoshbagosh wanted him..

As far as the Goltz banishment....my money was on it being Burke's idea... in a typical attempt to deflect the heat.... from his own shortcomings.  

One would think that Goltz' play on the field didn't help either.

Some points:

- MO' expects completely different results form the O after TC and with new players.

This is why willing to be open minded and give MB a chance. Trying to work with crowton's offense in the last half of the year hamstrung MB. Let's see what he can do with a full TC under his terms.

Yeah, don't I wish I could have interviewed as well in my prior efforts.

It's not what we envisioned of our new OC.

We wanted dynamic, bold and exciting to the extent of defences fearing when we huddle up, knowing they're only guessing as to what we'll do next.

We've been guaranteed a Khari by some, but for reasons we can only surmise, Khari has not reached that point in his career, it appears.

Were there other names? Don't know.

That's OK.

Still like the whole package of operatives and how they are working together.

Now onto the DC.

I thought I read somewhere that MB had said the offence will feature a lot of things he's learned over the past 1-1/2 years from visiting various teams (something like that). If that's the case I wonder how much of his past playbook is still being used now. It's possible it could be a completely new playbook compared to his times in SK, Montreal and Hamilton.

We've seen it in a few other stops though. I suspect that MB is an ace at interviewing and that's why he keeps getting hired even if the results aren't always there. Not that he's bad he's just so painfully average. 

That is totally assuming that he is not capable of changing and growing, and that he can't do much better with better personnel. Hmmm...there is that Assume word again.

Not a very good hire.  Marcel has never had an offense ranked in the top-4 wherever he has coached so I guess we can expect more of the same in 2014.  We're used to it though - Bombers haven't had a top-4 offense since 2007.  In fact only 1 top-4 offense in the last decade.

Question:  If it came down to Marcel or Chapdelaine who would the posters here rather have as OC?

I'd rather just use the Ask Madden feature.

FB Fake HB Toss. Trust me, it'll work.

I thought I read somewhere that MB had said the offence will feature a lot of things he's learned over the past 1-1/2 years from visiting various teams (something like that). If that's the case I wonder how much of his past playbook is still being used now. It's possible it could be a completely new playbook compared to his times in SK, Montreal and Hamilton.

he said he will still use 20% of the playbook last year. those are the play he added when he overtook the job from the mad genius crowton