Marcel Bellefeuille named Bombers OC

Noeller

This hire is giving me flash backs to the countless times Marcel kept putting Boltus back in there for 2nd and short situations, despite that fact that it was obvious to everyone, except Marcel, that boltus was awful at it. Game after game he kept putting him back in and game after game we would do a collective face palm. 

It was so bloody obvious, (and easy to fix.), and yet it was never corrected.

This hire really concerns me. 

This hire is giving me flash backs to the countless times Marcel kept putting Boltus back in there for 2nd and short situations, despite that fact that it was obvious to everyone, except Marcel, that boltus was awful at it. Game after game he kept putting him back in and game after game we would do a collective face palm. 

It was so bloody obvious, (and easy to fix.), and yet it was never corrected.

This hire really concerns me. 

He kept putting him in there because Burke refused to let Goltz play.

I don't know why people are going nuts... Without cortez available, who did we think was in the running?

Plus the more you look at it, khari has been heavily influenced by both lapo and MB so whatever, I'm fine with this... As long as boltus is cut, ahem

Is there something I missed?  Why do you guys think it was Tim Burke making that call and not Marcel?  Was that ever stated anywhere?

Because normally the offensive co-ordinator is going to send in the short yardage team.  And normally it's the offensive co-ordinator that will decide which players are in the short yardage package.  That's what makes him the O-Co.  You know...co-ordinating offence and stuff...

I really would like clarity on the whole Boltus and Goltz situation . if they hated Goltz so much then why didn't they cut him?

Why wasn't Brown doing qb sneaks?

Yeah actually that would be cool to see Doug Brown come out of retirement just to do QB sneaks. We'd get 5 yards every time!

Ok the Dickenson screw up was funny because you didn't do it on purpose.  Now you're just milking it.

;)

I really would like clarity on the whole Boltus and Goltz situation . if they hated Goltz so much then why didn't they cut him?

I know they thought that Goltz gave up so that's why he wasn't playing. As to why he wasn't cut I can only assume they thought the greater punishment was to spend a cold fall here not playing than to pay out his contract and let him soak up the California sun at home.

Is there something I missed?  Why do you guys think it was Tim Burke making that call and not Marcel?  Was that ever stated anywhere?

Because normally the offensive co-ordinator is going to send in the short yardage team.  And normally it's the offensive co-ordinator that will decide which players are in the short yardage package.  That's what makes him the O-Co.  You know...co-ordinating offence and stuff...

If Burke said he didn't want him playing...you think MB would go against that? This was not the first time Burke had said a player would no longer be playing or performing in a certain position due to a mistake. Burke was pissed at Goltz because he was pouting.

Ask Tim Burke.

Folks keep saying that Tim Burke made the decision not to use Goltz, but I kinda doubt that's true.  Burke had a hands off policy when it came to the offense.  If anyone hates Goltz, and I don't think anyone does, it's the OC, who more than likely made the decision. 

If Burke said he didn't want him playing...you think MB would go against that? This was not the first time Burke had said a player would no longer be playing or performing in a certain position due to a mistake. Burke was pissed at Goltz because he was pouting.

The whole "Burke didn't want him playing" is nothing but conjecture, unless you can show me some kind of proof otherwise. 

If Burke didn't want him playing then why keep him on the roster? 

The Bombers had other options at QB.  Putting Boltus in there was a detriment to the team and any O-Co worth their salt would have realized that and made efforts to change that.  That decision in my mind is on the OC.

The whole "Burke didn't want him playing" is nothing but conjecture, unless you can show me some kind of proof otherwise. 

The Bombers had other options at QB.  Putting Boltus in there was a detriment to the team and any O-Co worth their salt would have realized that and made efforts to change that.  That decision in my mind is on the OC.

Why can"t it be both?

Why can"t it be both?

It could very well be both.  That doesn't exonerate Marcel in any way though, does it?

Here's my take: It was Burke that was pissed at Goltz for not being able to save his skin but it was Marcel that was in love with Boltus and kept throwing him out there. 

I am thinking along the same lines as you are.

Whatever the situation with Goltz and Burke was, it is sort of irrelevant because Boltus could have also been cut at any time and replaced by Brown. But Marcel never did that.  He stuck with his guy despite Boltus' obvious short comings. That scares me that something that obvious was never addressed.

I agree with you Brandon, if Boltus is back at training camp, that is a big red flag.

I know they thought that Goltz gave up so that's why he wasn't playing. As to why he wasn't cut I can only assume they thought the greater punishment was to spend a cold fall here not playing than to pay out his contract and let him soak up the California sun at home.

Surely you jest...

I guess we all have our own opinion on this Goltz matter.

Just going by his nature and iron-fist approach, I'm voting it was Burke who denied Goltz any further playing time. It's a juvenile approach to coaching but that seemed to be in his character. After all, he made such a big deal of Goltz's tie and cuff-links routine.

And as to cutting him, they couldn't cut their only other experienced guy.

And Boltus? Good gawd, I guess it was MB who would tried him out and stuck with him, but if he can't see by now, that that is a loss of downs right there, well….

I think we were stuck with Boltus seeing as Goltz wasn't an option.

I just can't see any of our QBs here in TC, except Hall, providing of course, that we do get a starter. Even then…