Marcel Bellefeuille named Bombers OC

Noeller

Im surprised as I was under a pretty good impression that he was looking forward to leaving, with an eye on Ottawa.  Having said that, I like him.  Did a pretty darn good job with very little to work with here.  He's a good professional guy.  I dont want my personal feelings to cloud my judgement (he's a nice guy) but I think he's a good OC.  And maybe he "deserves" the opportunity to work within a better situation after airlifting into a bad one.

Do we assume Khari had a poor interview?

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment... O'Shea did say he's after good teachers so that he can focus on leadership and decision making.  Maybe Osh is sold that Bellefeuille's experience and having gone through past failures will serve him well as a teacher. 

Bellefeuille DID coach well enough to earn himself an HC gig at one time in HAM.  I don't remember too many around the CFL at that time thinking Bellefeuille didn't earn that gig. 

I'm not thrilled, but I don't know if there's anything out there that thrills me at OC.  KJ sounds like a Burke type... lots of buzz, but no one wants to hire him at OC.  Maas is unproven (but high on my list) at anything more than QBC.  Chapdelaine and Berry are also retreads.  I think Bellefeuille, due to his experience, could work out just fine, in a system where he is relied on to teach and scheme an offense; with a strong leader in Osh behind him.

The other thing is, if MC is OC, are they hiring a specific QB Coach?  I'd wait til the entire staff is revealed to make a complete judgement.  If MC as OC with KJ as QB Coach a little better? 

Sure seems KJ's stock has fallen...

His stock seems to have fallen because he said he'd only leave Sask if he was a head coach. Coming here as qb coach would be a lateral move for probably less money. The reason I say that is I had a chat a while back with Ray Jones who told me that Chamblin originally hired Khari to be his OC a couple of years ago but Taman overruled Chamblin as he personally promised the job to Bob Dyce in 2012. In order to soothe bad feelings, Chamblin still paid KJ the same money as he'd get if he was an OC. So he came on board as Chamblin's QB Coach. Then,last year Dyce was demoted & George Cortez was hired. So, in that case would Khari really want to come here as QB Coach as I don't believe he'd be paid the same $$ he is getting in Saskatchewan.

Poor choice if true.

Isn't this what you wanted though? Experienced coordinators? I thought they were always preferred over newbies in your eyes.

Your black and white thinking makes you wrong yet again Mike.  Let me help you out. 

Stubler as DC: Great experience + Top notch defences = great choice

MB as OC, Mediocre experience + Average to below average offences = poor choice

I don't like MB's offenses as they are dull and boring.  He tries to 'take what they give you' instead of forcing the defence to react to what we do which makes him a poor OC IMO.  Any OC who relies on 'spot' passes shouldn't be anywhere near a CFL team, let alone mine.

Yeah, wasn't it the local media who stated that KJ was our new HC...then decided he was our new OC...now...who knows.

So this guy is now stating that MB is our new OC...next it will be our receivers coach...then...who knows..

Until MO unveils his coaches...we're just speculating.

With collaros or willy, we will have a mediocre offence at best - there is a learning curve. MB is not the flashy choice but if oshea wants to surround himself with experience that's fine with me.

Both khari and maas are total wild cards with no exp... For the talent that is available MB is fine

Bellefeuille DID coach well enough to earn himself an HC gig at one time in HAM. I don't remember too many around the CFL at that time thinking Bellefeuille didn't earn that gig.

Chapdelaine and Berry are also retreads. I think Bellefeuille, due to his experience, could work out just fine, in a system where he is relied on to teach and scheme an offense; with a strong leader in Osh behind him.

How is Bellefeuille not a retread? Berry has more experience way more success at both hc and oc.

Just because someone is a hc doesn't mean they earned it look at Mike Kelly.