Marcel Bellefeuille named Bombers OC

Noeller

If stubler ends up here, I think MB and him provide a great complement to oshea... What worries me is that we haven't announced stubler yet

if it turns out that we missed stubler - maybe walters isn't getting the job done... then I kind of wonder if MB is a consolation prize and we missed out on khari, etc

Surprising the dickenson's name is not really mentioned in any rumours too

MB, stubler and dickenson should give us a 500 season at least

Just need a QB coach and new OL coach

Dickenson already said he doesn't want to come to Winnipeg. So he's "not an issue" as he's been handled internally.

If stubler ends up here, I think MB and him provide a great complement to oshea... What worries me is that we haven't announced stubler yet

if it turns out that we missed stubler - maybe walters isn't getting the job done... then I kind of wonder if MB is a consolation prize and we missed out on khari, etc

Who says that Khari was anymore of a better choice at this point than MB?  They're both consolation prizes.

Dickenson already said he doesn't want to come to Winnipeg. So he's "not an issue" as he's been handled internally.

Craig?

Craig?

OH. You didn't specify. Sorry.

There is one more thing I've been thinking about...

For those that want Khari: his experience (and only years of leading an offense) were under MB.

So basically, if you want Khari, why would you not want MB?  You could make a fairly strong argument I think that MB taught Khari quite a bit, so much like how Stubler is viewed as the veteran teacher for the defense, MB could be the veteran teacher for the offense.  Basically we hired the teacher and not the pupil.

Now personally I thought Khari's resumé was pretty darn thin and was hoping for some wildcard candidate over both of them, but I'm not sure how we get Khari >> MB or even Khari > MB.

I'm not wild about this hire, but considering what is out there right now for options, I think we did ok with MB. Doug Berry? Meh. He ran Charles Roberts out of town and for that I will still hold a grudge. Who else is there? Cortez? Well ok if he was available. Lapo? Maybe. I don't know. The pickings are pretty slim.

For those that want Khari: his experience (and only years of leading an offense) were under MB.

So basically, if you want Khari, why would you not want MB?  You could make a fairly strong argument I think that MB taught Khari quite a bit, so much like how Stubler is viewed as the veteran teacher for the defense, MB could be the veteran teacher for the offense.  Basically we hired the teacher and not the pupil.

Now personally I thought Khari's resumé was pretty darn thin and was hoping for some wildcard candidate over both of them, but I'm not sure how we get Khari >> MB or even Khari > MB.

The guy spent years as a CFL QB working under many different offensive coordinators, he has spent time as a qb coach presumably working with still more offensive coordinators including on of the best just this past year in Cortez. That to me is a guy who has seen enough different perspectives on offense in the CFL to not be tied to any one thing. 

Here's the thing with Khari, I want him back just cause he's a Bomber not a ******* Rider. Get him back where he belongs. Yeah he might not end up being a great offensive coordinator, but then again he might be, where as Bellefool has a lot of past experiences with the job to look at and say "not very impressive at all" 

The guy spent years as a CFL QB working under many different offensive coordinators, he has spent time as a qb coach presumably working with still more offensive coordinators including on of the best just this past year in Cortez. That to me is a guy who has seen enough different perspectives on offense in the CFL to not be tied to any one thing. 

Here's the thing with Khari, I want him back just cause he's a Bomber not a ******* Rider. Get him back where he belongs. Yeah he might not end up being a great offensive coordinator, but then again he might be, where as Bellefool has a lot of past experiences with the job to look at and say "not very impressive at all" 

Two points I guess I have:

Re: CFL QB experience.  It's a dangerous game to put that much emphasis on that.  The easy example is that Gretzky was a terrible choice.  Even if I ignore that thinking, his experience isn't likely that much of a differentiating factor from other players like Maas or Marcus Brady, for example, and I could make the argument that both were more cerebral players than Khari even though Khari was the far better QB than either of them.

Re: Bomber/Rider.  Personally I just want to win football games.  I want the coaches here to be ones that give the team the best chance of achieving that goal.  Hiring Bomber legends is not likely to lead to success if you base their resumé on their playing days here.

Re: Bomber/Rider.  Personally I just want to win football games.  I want the coaches here to be ones that give the team the best chance of achieving that goal.  Hiring Bomber legends is not likely to lead to success if you base their resumé on their playing days here.

So what you are saying is - Ken Ploen for OC! Yeah baby!! Mitch Zalnasky for receivers coach!!!

Never had an offense better than 4th in points scored.

In Montreal he has A.C., Cahoon, Watkins, Robert Edwards and a great OL and was 7th in points scored.

Forget last year, his track record speaks for itself.

After leaving Saskatchewan, Bellefeuille joined the Montreal Alouettes in 2006 as their running backs and wide receivers coach.[2] In 2007 he was promoted to Offensive Coordinator and running backs coach. In his 1st season in Montreal, he helped Robert Edwards lead the CFL in touchdowns with 17.[2] Bellefeuille also helped the Alouettes be the only team with two 1,000 yard receivers in Kerry Watkins and Ben Cahoon.[2]

In Montreal he has A.C., Cahoon, Watkins, Robert Edwards and a great OL and was 7th in points scored.

As has been pointed out, MB was OC in Montreal in 2007 - the year AC left the team to be with his wife while she was battling cancer and the year they had Charlie Carpenter as oline coach and the Als oline gave up the most sacks by far (65).

After leaving Saskatchewan, Bellefeuille joined the Montreal Alouettes in 2006 as their running backs and wide receivers coach.[2] In 2007 he was promoted to Offensive Coordinator and running backs coach. In his 1st season in Montreal, he helped Robert Edwards lead the CFL in touchdowns with 17.[2] Bellefeuille also helped the Alouettes be the only team with two 1,000 yard receivers in Kerry Watkins and Ben Cahoon.[2]

That team was 7th in points scored.

As has been pointed out, MB was OC in Montreal in 2007 - the year AC left the team to be with his wife while she was battling cancer and the year they had Charlie Carpenter as oline coach and the Als oline gave up the most sacks by far (65).

A.C. played in over two thirds of the game that year (13). That OL had among other perenial all-star and potential hall of famer Scott Flory.

A.C., Cahoon, Watkins, Edwards, Flory is a pretty good base of talent to work with.

A.C. played in over two thirds of the game that year (13). That OL had among other perenial all-star and potential hall of famer Scott Flory.

A.C., Cahoon, Watkins, Edwards, Flory is a pretty good base of talent to work with.

So you base his worth as an OC only based on being 7th in scoring, but choose to ignore the other facts. That's weak!

Doesn't mean they were good in 2007. Scott Flory was the only Als' olineman named to the Eastern all-star team that year. The biggest difference between 2007 and 2008 was a change in the blocking schemes. They were bad in 2007.