Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Morning Big Blue

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Aug 28 vs Montreal

  • Replies 577
  • Views 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • rebusrankin
    rebusrankin

    We increase the number of linebackers on the roster to 11.

  • bigg jay
    bigg jay

    I, for one, never had any doubt...

  • Best game we played in several yrs. This looked more like the team we have known before and they definitely did their work during the week. Now if they can string this kinda effort and execution toget

Featured Replies

Told you all they would win. Didn’t expect it to be convincingly tho. I almost became Nostradamus when whiner I mean Alexander got hurt for a moment.

Best game we played in several yrs.

This looked more like the team we have known before and they definitely did their work during the week. Now if they can string this kinda effort and execution together consistently then yeahh there is reason for optimism as the west is still literally wide open

I have no real complaints other than wating that one DA spot on a redundant Hazen who had no effect let alone impact on the win..

7 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Nichols not being in was a big difference.

When they isolated Texada and Vaval they made plays. When teams isolate Nichols, a guy is running down the field all alone.

yeah no idea what thr hell happened to nichols. went from proverbial all star to junk overnight.

A decisive win against the top team in the league, gotta be happy with that. I also enjoyed watching Maas and Alexander lose their ****.

If the offence can play like this against the west teams they could go on a tear.

Defence still had a few tacking and coverage issues, granted it is Montreal those receivers are going to get yards no matter what. As much as I’ve been a Nichols fan in years past, they looked worlds better without him. Just need to get Kelly out of there now.

Pass rush lost the plot a few times but was pretty solid overall.

Best game of the year no question, maybe the last 2.

Collaros has the IQ but 0 zip on the ball. Some of those throws just float in the air and I find myself holding my breath it’s not going back the other way.

Brady is hands down the best player on this team. His running and blocking are second to none.

Moxie is awful. The Kelly at safety experiment needs to end.

Our o line was amazing tonight and I loved Neufelds fire tonight.

Great schemes on offense.

Reffing was something tonight. I don’t blame Oshea for not challenging as you had no idea what they would call. I am happy they made the right one on Demski twice.

Great momentum heading into Labour Day

Alexander is a very talented Qb but he really needs to tone down his antics and how much he complains to the refs, at one time tonight during one of his rants the ref just gave him a blank stare like he wasn't even listening.

Didn't get to watch the game but sure looks like we beat them soundly. Hope they can string together some good performances now. Think it comes down to whether the offense can stay on the field.

34 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

A decisive win against the top team in the league, gotta be happy with that. I also enjoyed watching Maas and Alexander lose their ****.

If the offence can play like this against the west teams they could go on a tear.

Defence still had a few tacking and coverage issues, granted it is Montreal those receivers are going to get yards no matter what. As much as I’ve been a Nichols fan in years past, they looked worlds better without him. Just need to get Kelly out of there now.

Pass rush lost the plot a few times but was pretty solid overall.

Best game of the year no question, maybe the last 2.

Considering we dont needna canadian safety..if and when nichols back slot him in at safety experience and skill he still has would be perfect for him..kind of the BA move in 3019

As I said last game Vaval is a db who can cover and run with anyone.. plus his reaction and closing is top tier..Tevlxada showed some the same...played a few eeps near perfect against the best group in league..let the kids grow

Hazen makes zero sense...and even more reason to get Singer on roster...if nield just didnt pull a rare game out his hiney and thats thr real him...then adding more Clercius and Singer to offence will only help...Cobb like Hazen are useless roster guys

Re ZC's floaters: that how Ricky Ray threw most of his passes.

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

Considering we dont needna canadian safety..if and when nichols back slot him in at safety experience and skill he still has would be perfect for him..kind of the BA move in 3019

As I said last game Vaval is a db who can cover and run with anyone.. plus his reaction and closing is top tier..Tevlxada showed some the same...played a few eeps near perfect against the best group in league..let the kids grow

Hazen makes zero sense...and even more reason to get Singer on roster...if nield just didnt pull a rare game out his hiney and thats thr real him...then adding more Clercius and Singer to offence will only help...Cobb like Hazen are useless roster guys

But then we'd have less to read on a Saturday morning.

On 2026-08-27 at 4:02 PM, 17to85 said:

Seriously what happens if Montreal hangs 50 on us?

Well we should of hung 50 on them! 😆 Back to back good compete against the best in the league west and east! Love to see Fletcher opposite Willy ,have both as DE harassing Qbs! I would say.. we have the potential to scare a few teams still..

25 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Re ZC's floaters: that how Ricky Ray threw most of his passes.

But then we'd have less to read on a Saturday morning.

Wouldn't u rather read a lot of justified praise and recognition than justified negativity...which has all been justified...I certainly would..one game of real good play doesn't make up for and or fix a lot off what ails us if this was just a one off....need to see 2..3..4 in a row

It all starts somewhere..was this our turning point? Guess we will see in a week

I'm sure the media would of like to have gotten Alexander's take on the game but he wasn't talking

38 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Re ZC's floaters: that how Ricky Ray threw most of his passes.

But then we'd have less to read on a Saturday morning.

Difference being Ray always threw that way. Zach is slowly losing zip in the ball.

A lot of Rays throws "appeared " to be floaters..but they weren't.. those were precision strikes thrown to enable his receiver to make the play..and for most part only him..or it was just an incompletion

Sadly a lot of ZC throws are just wayward ducks and hopes

Last night our recievers made about 5 catches that they normally havnt..or usually dont

Which is why we coukd really benefit from another legit threat and guy who's bread and butter is stealing balls

15 minutes ago, bryan35 said:

Difference being Ray always threw that way. Zach is slowly losing zip in the ball.

Maybe adjustments can be made.

27 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Holding the Als to 3/13 on second down conversions was huge

The D has mostly had good numbers all year, except in the takeaway category.

6 minutes ago, Booch said:

A lot of Rays throws "appeared " to be floaters..but they weren't.. those were precision strikes thrown to enable his receiver to make the play..and for most part only him..or it was just an incompletion

Ray also threw a ton of check downs, which I assume was by design.

That was a fun game to watch and a huge surprise! Say what you want about the defense, but they have held two of the top offenses (one on a historic pace) in check in back to back games. There were some pretty obvious communication errors on passing plays, especially when MTL was coming out for their first play of the drive...Bombers need to have more urgency there.

Offense finally played 4 quarters!! Scored a TD in ever quarter, kept the run game going, completely owned the mtl blitz all night.

It wasnt just Alexander whining all night. At one point in the game I count 5 consecutive plays where at least 1 Alouette was complaining to a ref after the play. It was pathetic, just play the game fellas.

They've done enough to give me hope for next week!!!

17 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

I see you were absent during the ian wild years.

Well

He was a linebacker...nut he also could tackle too

8 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

That was a fun game to watch and a huge surprise! Say what you want about the defense, but they have held two of the top offenses (one on a historic pace) in check in back to back games. There were some pretty obvious communication errors on passing plays, especially when MTL was coming out for their first play of the drive...Bombers need to have more urgency there.

Offense finally played 4 quarters!! Scored a TD in ever quarter, kept the run game going, completely owned the mtl blitz all night.

It wasnt just Alexander whining all night. At one point in the game I count 5 consecutive plays where at least 1 Alouette was complaining to a ref after the play. It was pathetic, just play the game fellas.

They've done enough to give me hope for next week!!!

Karen Alexander..what a lil biatch

Would you believe I fell asleep just when Montreal scored to make it 14-14 tie? I remember saying to my wife that we have a heckuva game going here. That was the last thing I remember. Next thing I knew it was 1;30 am. I had just got home from football practice. I'm back coaching high school football after 14 years, can you believe that??

Anyway, it's been in the high 20's all week here in YYC with the sun beating down so my energy was just zapped. I'm lucky I pvr'd the game so I'll have to watch today or tomorrow. Great win by the team. I'll give credit where credit is due. Nice to hear Alexander was melting down on the sidelines. I look forward to seeing that when I watch.

Hey Noeller, you may hate Fajardo. However, he has a bit of class compared to Alexander. At least Fajardo HAS WON SOMETHING. Alexander is a showoff & a narcissist. So seeing him knocked down a bit is a good thing. Too bad he's an asshat as he's very talented.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Would you believe I fell asleep just when Montreal scored to make it 14-14 tie? I remember saying to my wife that we have a heckuva game going here. That was the last thing I remember. Next thing I knew it was 1;30 am. I had just got home from football practice. I'm back coaching high school football after 14 years, can you believe that??

Anyway, it's been in the high 20's all week here in YYC with the sun beating down so my energy was just zapped. I'm lucky I pvr'd the game so I'll have to watch today or tomorrow. Great win by the team. I'll give credit where credit is due. Nice to hear Alexander was melting down on the sidelines. I look forward to seeing that when I watch.

Hey Noeller, you may hate Fajardo. However, he has a bit of class compared to Alexander. At least Fajardo HAS WON SOMETHING. Alexander is a showoff & a narcissist. So seeing him knocked down a bit is a good thing. Too bad he's an asshat as he's very talented.

Fajardo is a good deal less whiny than he was a couple of years ago- maturity will do that. Alexander is full of himmself which makes him a good, competitive athlete, but annoying. He is likely to grow out of it.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Considering we dont needna canadian safety..if and when nichols back slot him in at safety experience and skill he still has would be perfect for him..kind of the BA move in 3019

As I said last game Vaval is a db who can cover and run with anyone.. plus his reaction and closing is top tier..Tevlxada showed some the same...played a few eeps near perfect against the best group in league..let the kids grow

Hazen makes zero sense...and even more reason to get Singer on roster...if nield just didnt pull a rare game out his hiney and thats thr real him...then adding more Clercius and Singer to offence will only help...Cobb like Hazen are useless roster guys

And before 2019, we moved Kyries Herbert to safety that became the glue of the 2007 defence and sent us to the Grey Cup, only to have Wolf Eyes blow it lol....

So yeah, move Nichols to safety. We have stats to back it up.

Collaros was on the mark with the ball the past couple weeks to not put it in danger.

Lots of great throws in both games putting the ball on the back shoulder so only his guy could get it.

Even that Demski PI on the first play....half the people I'm watching with are trying to tell me it's an underthrow. He put it on the back shoulder so Demski has a chance to get it. He's not outrunning that DB on his inside hip if that ball is just put out there. The ball is put on the back shoulder so he can adjust before the DB can and it's either a flag or a big catch.

Montreal was playing a tough scheme last night. Lots of dropping 8-9. Really only run blitzing consistently if the Bombers had double tights in, lots of show and drop. And no balls up for grabs. Basically a perfect game for a QB.

And you can see the zip on some of those balls to Nield and Clercius when he really had to get it there deep in his reads or on the screens which are often 25-30 yard passes in the air that have to get there within a couple seconds of the snap.

Edited by JuranBoldenRules

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.