2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

28 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Jordan didn't coach, he was a gm and owner

He coached selectively, and was on the sideline micro managing coaching the entire time. Specifically, he coached and trained Kwame brown extensively. 

11 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Bombers signed dlineman Jabari Ellis today. He tried out for the Giants in 2022 then played 2 games with Montreal. The Als cut him last summer.

He was at the SC pro day again this year thinking some how he was going to get back to an NFL shot. Said he was up here in the cfl for a year and a half, and some stuff about nothing like being state side. I don't take any of it too seriously especially at his alma mater, but I mean the guy played 2 games here. He's got some decent athleticism and talent. I think he's kind of stuck between dt and de here. Might fit our 2nd dt role well like casey sayles did. But I don't think he's a guy you could have out there with jake thomas or another none nose tackle. Good body for camp, high character high motor guy. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

It was the coach's decision to play him in the Grey Cup.

I wasn't specifically talking about the last GC. A ton of small changes or improvements would have put us over the top. 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Dunnigan....tho he had way too much to do as a first timer

and a poor one...same with prob 6 other guys...some injured...some just having no business being rostered

54 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Dunigan also had the misfortune of having an absolute wingnut of an owner.

I actually thought Matty would've been fine in a more limited role. Especially as a QB coach. Maybe even as HC or front office guy. He did have a strong eye for talent and he built the foundations of the evil empire that followed. 

Magic also flopped at coaching, and mike singletary too. Ted williams in baseball was miserable as a bench boss as well. The old saying "those who can do, those who can't teach" might be more factual in the reverse. "Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you can teach it." 

I compared the training camp roster handout vs the roster on the Bombers' website and 4 players are missing on the handout. There is no mention anywhere they are no longer on the team:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell

(there is a 13 on defence but its Bill Hackett)

Also did anyone know that Winnipeg Rifles runningback Kaiden Banfield is participating in camp? He's number 30.

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

I compared the training camp roster handout vs the roster on the Bombers' website and 4 players are missing on the handout. There is no mention anywhere they are no longer on the team:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell

Also did anyone know that Winnipeg Rifles runningback Kaiden Banfield is participating in camp? He's number 30.

The funny thing is, this is exactly the kind of stuff a good reporter would learn and ask about.

**** are they ever lazy 

5 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

WR 72 Braxton Burmeister

DT 92 Kenneth Randall

DB 13 James Campbell

DB 46 Montrae Braswell

Tait mentioned that Randall hasn't practiced due to injury.  Nothing about the others afaik.

3 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

I think Tait said Kendall Randolph hasn't practiced due to injury, nothing about Kenny Randall who doesn't seem to have reported to camp

Thanks.  You are correct, it was Randolph out with injury, not Randall.

11 hours ago, Noeller said:

I live for the annual complaining about lack of coverage....

First point on training camp bingo every year. 
 That said it’s sad that in the early 2ks and prior we got great tc reports from a couple sources each day, and now we get the odd one that is a fraction as good. 

21 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Free Press and Sun are both pumping out 2-3 stories per day.

Not too hard to find or get around paywall if you have internet skill.

Archive.ph can override paywalls (something I picked up from Frosty)

CJOB talking bombers during the day also. Honestly. The 2 best kinda don’t do it anymore, tait and Irving so we are left with guys like friesen and the sorts who have wrote some interesting not as negatively spinned articles about players. I think I saw a Streveler interview where he talks about his ex gf in Winnipeg having the fur coat. I saw an article about kj hill and how Austin Mack kinda convinced him to give the cfl a try. I mean not bad for a little rookie camp. 

Edited by Goalie

39 minutes ago, Goalie said:

CJOB talking bombers during the day also. Honestly. The 2 best kinda don’t do it anymore, tait and Irving so we are left with guys like friesen and the sorts who have wrote some interesting not as negatively spinned articles about players. I think I saw a Streveler interview where he talks about his ex gf in Winnipeg having the fur coat. I saw an article about kj hill and how Austin Mack kinda convinced him to give the cfl a try. I mean not bad for a little rookie camp. 

Tait has 2 pieces per day on bluebombers.com plus a podcast.

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Here is that interview ...

38 minutes ago, BBlink said:

I will definitely complain about Friesen at times but he's doing some good pieces on interviews with some of the rookies and I appreciate that

Yup. I’m shocked. He’s actually been pretty positive towards both jets and bombers recently. Perhaps he was told to stop the BS. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yup. I’m shocked. He’s actually been pretty positive towards both jets and bombers recently. Perhaps he was told to stop the BS. 

I think he’s  been generally positive about the team since the drought ended. 

Not sure how true, but I’ve heard over the years Friesen was butthurt about having to cover football instead of curling. Would explain a lot of the snark towards the Bombers. 

On 2024-05-10 at 8:23 AM, GCn20 said:

Dunigan also had the misfortune of having an absolute wingnut of an owner.

And a wingnut who left a pile of unpaid debts behind when he bolted. Classy.

4 hours ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Free Press and Sun are both pumping out 2-3 stories per day.

Not too hard to find or get around paywall if you have internet skill.

Control-upshift-N to go dark through a paywall.

Wow! Blue Jays getting smoked again today, all the dissatisfaction with the Leafs last 8 year playoff failure, and the Raptors even suck 😁 Good thing they have the Argos …  check that …

2024_5_9_64db466e-0aab-474c-9090-34398f7