2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

Rangers win in OT, looking pretty good right now.

3-2 Dallas right now but it was 3-0.  Dallas showing signs of wilting under the relentless Colorado pressure just like we did, in every single game.  We won one game because Georgiev decided in Game 1 that he couldn't stop a beach ball, other than that, it seems like Colorado is going to be unstoppable.  Man is that Makar good.  It's not even fair.

Even though this thread is dead to me my guess is the Oilers light up Silovs tonight forcing them to look back to DeSmith and yearning for a miracle recovery for Demko to get back between the pipes.

Or, because I just wrote this, Silvos steals the series and becomes the darling story of this years post season. 

Leafs suck.

the Nucks goaltending situation combined with the Oilers PP should mean the Oilers tear them apart, but I've been a fan long enough to know the Oilers will always **** their pants when they shouldn't, so 'Nucks in 4??? Wouldn't shock me. 

Watched most of the Dallas Colorado game yesterday, and all I can say is if Colorado doesn't win the Cup this year, I'll be shocked, or it will be due to injury to a few key players.  That PP of theirs with Makar on the point seems basically unstoppable.  I don't think the Jets ever stood a chance.

Believe the last 3 teams the jets faced in the first round all went on to win the cup if you include the Avs. Vegas did last year and St. Louis also. 

Edited by Goalie

4 hours ago, Goalie said:

Believe the last 3 teams the jets faced in the first round all went on to win the cup if you include the Avs. Vegas did last year and St. Louis also. 

If Colorado goes to the final this year, then 5 of the last 6 teams to eliminate the Jets will have gone to the Stanley Cup Final. The three you mentioned plus Montreal in the bubble, St L in their cup year and Vegas in their first season. 

The only exception would be Calgary in 2019-20, which technically we missed the playoffs, finishing 9th in the conference in the COVID shortened season and lost to them in the play-in round. 

1 hour ago, Rod Black said:

I’ll take a guess that Keith Tkachuk’s caloric input far exceeds his caloric burn. 

Every time I see that ad I'm like "and THIS guy somehow pulled chicks from Wise Guys one after another..... Wild...."

16 hours ago, Noeller said:

Every time I see that ad I'm like "and THIS guy somehow pulled chicks from Wise Guys one after another..... Wild...."

I remember watching an add with his sons Matthew and Brady and slowly looking over to my wife and mumbling boy he aint at his playing weight. 

On 2024-05-09 at 11:36 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Well ok Dallas ties it up 1-1. By barely hanging on to what was a 4-0 lead going into the third period.

Things have gotten...interesting...

28 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Reffing is hard, especially at this level, it's a thankless job but sure would be nice if they called more of the initial infractions that caused the retaliatory infractions (that happen right after the initial infraction or are delayed for another time, i.e, revenge).

We need less of the 'it's usually the guy retaliating that gets called not the guy who started it all' in-game statements.