2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

25 minutes ago, Stickem said:

could be......happy wife ...happy life.....That just might weigh into his decision😉

Don't count his wife out as a Bomber fan. She didn't have too much nice to say at the end of Dressler's stint in Regina. She didn't go off like a raving lunatic or anything but she threw some subtle shade at the Riders online.

3 minutes ago, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

1) When the time comes, which team will Chris Jones choose to go into the hall under?

2) What category is opposite to “builder”?

He is primed for a spot in the hall of shame as a destroyer. I hear the gliebermens are going to do his induction speech 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I loved dressler. As a rider I liked him as much as I could any rider player especially one who used to kill us. He was like buck pierce at wr but with a stronger surrounding cast. From a league stand point he should go in as a rider. If he chose us, I’d be thrilled he was a great player and great person. 

Me too. I’ve always hated the Riders but always respected who Weston was as a player and as a person. A real heart and soul guy. I know he wasn’t completely in his prime here in Winnipeg but he still had some productive years here and helped change our culture around to the winning culture it is today. 

2 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Me too. I’ve always hated the Riders but always respected who Weston was as a player and as a person. A real heart and soul guy. I know he wasn’t completely in his prime here in Winnipeg but he still had some productive years here and helped change our culture around to the winning culture it is today. 

Can never discount what a 5'8" guy did. Few his size dominated the way he did, WD7 was always open. Especially on corner routes into the endzone, essentially uncoverable. Will never forget his TD to seal the 2013 Grey Cup. 

As someone who is also on the smaller side, he was my idol playing high school football. Made it seem achievable to keep playing. 

On 2024-05-22 at 7:29 AM, Booch said:

agree....just sucks because of them...we didnt win 4 in a row....I put part of that blame on the players too as some didnt show up when it counts....but also wonder if some of that was due to not totally preparing them and psyching them up, as we let the room control the room and the staff was too comfortable in the fact that they didnt think they had to go above and beyond to prepare....you always still gotta shake the tree and peel some paint...regardless how vet the squad is...or what the cukture is

Coaching as well. Why was Hall in blitz mode on the goal line on the last play of the game?? 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Antonio brown announced he’s filing bankruptcy. He will try to get another nfl deal. How long before the elk or riders add him to the neg list?

At Sam???

On 2024-05-23 at 2:42 PM, Pete Catan's Ghost said:

1) When the time comes, which team will Chris Jones choose to go into the hall under?

2) What category is opposite to “builder”?

You just never know where he'll put himself