2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

13 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

If you rank the QBs in the cfl among starters the only guy who would be bellow Harris is blm imo, and he’s not gonna be a starter this year I’m sure. 

hmmm.  I think Harris vs. Macbeth is a wash and I'd take Harris over Maier.

plus I got serious doubts about Ottawa's situation.  Masoli is broken, Brown promising but unproven, Crum and Adams both flashes in the pan (so far).

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

hmmm.  I think Harris vs. Macbeth is a wash and I'd take Harris over Maier.

plus I got serious doubts about Ottawa's situation.  Masoli is broken, Brown promising but unproven, Crum and Adams both flashes in the pan (so far).

Maier is a good point, I’d go maier over Harris as it’s possible maier improves. I don’t think Harris would be good on our squad. 

harris used to be a guy who put up yards but not scores. Now he’s a guy who gets sacked lol. 

2 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Very true. Harris was dog poop in edm, even worse than ssk imo. But a bit better in mtl. 

Look at the 180 from Zach going to Sask to Winnipeg.  Same with Faj going to Montreal from Saskabush.   

Harris has played behind some terrible olines and has had a lot of success.  He's far from being an awful CFL qb.  

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Look at the 180 from Zach going to Sask to Winnipeg.  Same with Faj going to Montreal from Saskabush.   

Harris has played behind some terrible olines and has had a lot of success.  He's far from being an awful CFL qb.  

He's never been awful. Inconsistent and easy to rattle once hit...for sure. Injury prone...yep. Advanced in age...no doubt about it.

15 hours ago, JCon said:

I, for one, have no problems with how O'Day GMs the Riders. 

Me neither. Keep up the great work JOD!!

20 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

He's never been awful. Inconsistent and easy to rattle once hit...for sure. Injury prone...yep. Advanced in age...no doubt about it.

Me neither. Keep up the great work JOD!!

yup....solid GM'ng there...Pay a slug like Lanier as the highest paid defender in league...watch him fail at that...and do it again this yr....excellent SMS allocation...he's decent...tho is injury prone...lacks commitment and definitely shouldn't be paid as the top guy, but guess thats what you have to do when your squad isn't the desired location...partly due to his poor GM skills and what they created there...not to mention it's Saskatchewan

Not resigning their QB with prob most upside and giving them the best chance to win with an actual O.C....another solid move....Keep the hits coming!

30 minutes ago, Booch said:

yup....solid GM'ng there...Pay a slug like Lanier as the highest paid defender in league...watch him fail at that...and do it again this yr....excellent SMS allocation...he's decent...tho is injury prone...lacks commitment and definitely shouldn't be paid as the top guy, but guess thats what you have to do when your squad isn't the desired location...partly due to his poor GM skills and what they created there...not to mention it's Saskatchewan

Not resigning their QB with prob most upside and giving them the best chance to win with an actual O.C....another solid move....Keep the hits coming!

I don't blame them for not doubling down on Dolegala. Doubling down on Harris and Fine is just a complete mess waiting to happen tho. I am absolutely mind boggled that with Brown and Strev on the market that they made no play for these guys. Harris is a band aid at best. The only way this even remotely has any logic in my mind is if they feel that Rourke will come back and set in motion a better QB domino effect for them than this offseason. Unlikely.

Just now, GCn20 said:

I don't blame them for not doubling down on Dolegala. Doubling down on Harris and Fine is just a complete mess waiting to happen tho. I am absolutely mind boggled that with Brown and Strev on the market that they made no play for these guys. Harris is a band aid at best. The only way this even remotely has any logic in my mind is if they feel that Rourke will come back and set in motion a better QB domino effect for them than this offseason. Unlikely.

yeah...the availability of several QB's they could have had a shot at, that would have gave more upside, and even current success than what they retained is laughable....Even MBT for a yr would have gave them a better chance of semi-success

5 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeah...the availability of several QB's they could have had a shot at, that would have gave more upside, and even current success than what they retained is laughable....Even MBT for a yr would have gave them a better chance of semi-success

Strev would have been both a MASSIVE add for them on the field and for their culture. I am sure glad he came home. He is going to have our guys fired up. Easily the best 120k we've spent in FA in a long time.

Edited by GCn20

11 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ya, MBT is at least serviceable and actually has a pretty decent durability history.

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Reinbold out

Think that was announced quite some time ago. 

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Need to take off the Blue/Gold tinted glasses when people are suggesting MBT/Harris are only serviceable or mediocre.     

I'm guessing folks on here do not remember what it is like to have a bad QB.   

They are good QBs but nothing special. There are more factors than just how they play the game when signing them. Both are old and haven't really demonstrated an ability to win the big games. If you are going to overlook their ages then you would at least want that on their resumes.

Edited by GCn20