2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

53 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

When the chips were down he had a kick blocked. We will never know where that kick would have ended up without the block.

Dunigan said from his view that had it cleared the players that Legs had shanked it left. He's fricking lucky it was blocked as the argument will always be, would he have made it? Anyway, I think Walters & O'Shea gave us the answer when Legs was released.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Why would you be surprised if Castillo is back? He had a great year & our kicking game wasn't in turmoil. Why would the Bombers get rid of him? If they do, then whatever happens kicking wise that's bad is on them. Just like 2022.

I feel like we want to not use a di on him. Imp kickers are getting rare these days  he hasn’t been resigned and we are bringing in competition  

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

When the chips were down & Legs HAD to make it.... He didn't & that was the bottom line. That's why Walters & O'Shea got rid of him. They lost trust in his ability to make the pressure kicks.

By that standard Zach is more responsible than legs and that’s over the last two gc loses. 

3 hours ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like we want to not use a di on him. Imp kickers are getting rare these days  he hasn’t been resigned and we are bringing in competition  

By that standard Zach is more responsible than legs and that’s over the last two gc loses. 

Legs had one job when he had to kick that FG. He failed. Walyers & Osh told him to hit the road with an apple & a road map to Hamilton. 

4 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Legs had one job when he had to kick that FG. He failed. Walyers & Osh told him to hit the road with an apple & a road map to Hamilton. 

It was blocked. It’s not his fault some one literally let their man go free. You’re also ignoring the fact Castillo and legs were comparable last year. 
 Do you blame bob cameron for the blocked punt td in the 01 gc loss? 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

It was blocked. It’s not his fault some one literally let their man go free. You’re also ignoring the fact Castillo and legs were comparable last year. 

Legs shanked it & had it not been blocked he'd have missed. Duningan said that on TSN. He was there & saw the play. He had a better view than we did on tv. This, "it was blocked" is just a big excuse. Sorry, not sorry. 

14 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We lost one more regular season game in 2023 than in 2022. We lost the GC by 4 points in 2023 instead of by one in 2022. So, you're saying we had a worse season?

That's like Jim Kirk saying to Federation Agriculture Under Secretary Nilz Baris in ST: TOS Episode, "The Trouble With Tribbles", I was not aware Mr. Baris that twelve  Klingons constitutes a swarm". ;)

4d78bc78485b618423c95a8f93857843.gif

8 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Zach has been like Brady’s balls around here. Deflated lol. 
I feel like we are gonna see some serious shake ups here and league wide in free agency. 

I didn't believe it, but I think I'm starting too. Still a lot of unsigned names. 

Walters either thinks there's a chance he can still sign the big two, or is going to be bringing a lot of new faces to camp (or both).

1 hour ago, Jesse said:

I didn't believe it, but I think I'm starting too. Still a lot of unsigned names. 

Walters either thinks there's a chance he can still sign the big two, or is going to be bringing a lot of new faces to camp (or both).

This is where I am at as well. Just over two weeks till free agency kicks off. Rebus is nervous.

10 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Damn that Cameron....damn him all to hell...or Sask hahha

Two weeks and a whole lot of signin' to do....The big two ....Brady and Dalton aren't doing us any favours by taking us to the edge of the cliff...IF they want to frig around then they better crap or get off the pot so we know where we're headed....FIFO showing cracks???

1 minute ago, Stickem said:

Two weeks and a whole lot of signin' to do....The big two ....Brady and Dalton aren't doing us any favours by taking us to the edge of the cliff...IF they want to frig around then they better crap or get off the pot so we know where we're headed....FIFO showing cracks???

With Schoen it's likely he knows his deal here...may "look" at others to see...and see if we have wiggle room...or if gap is worth it...I sure Lawlr and others have informed him well

The range for Schoen is pretty much set...save a buck or 2 here...so expect him back

BO....not sure there...I think he believes the RB spot deserves a huge windfall....and it won't happen....well not here

46 minutes ago, Stickem said:

I think it's pretty risky to let players that are willing to re-sign for more or less the same money as last year reach FA, never know what offers they could receive that convince them to leave and screw up the team's continuity and depth. 

For instance, say Sask. goes all in on their O-line and decides to offer Gray, Kona and Hardrick $30k more than Walters was planning to pay them.  All of a sudden, the O-line is at risk of losing 3 of it's starting members and has to find replacements, or Walters ends up coughing up more cash than he originally planned to retain them.  This is just a made up example of unexpected things that could happen, I repeat a made up example.

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Matt dunigan doesn't know that any more than we do. 

Dunigan doesn't go on a broadcast & say something like that unless he had it corroborated by others as well. What would he have to gain to disparage Lieghhio like that? Anyway, if his kick was straight & true then why did the Bombers dump him? He did all 3 phases of kicking. It would have been advantageous to keep him. 

18 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

I think it's pretty risky to let players that are willing to re-sign for more or less the same money as last year reach FA, never know what offers they could receive that convince them to leave and screw up the team's continuity and depth. 

For instance, say Sask. goes all in on their O-line and decides to offer Gray, Kona and Hardrick $30k more than Walters was planning to pay them.  All of a sudden, the O-line is at risk of losing 3 of it's starting members and has to find replacements, or Walters ends up coughing up more cash than he originally planned to retain them.  This is just a made up example of unexpected things that could happen, I repeat a made up example.

I get the feeling this might be a made up example... but even if it was true... It wouldn't surprise me if the Bombers just decided to roll with Dobson, Eli, and Richmond in their places and let the incumbents walk... then draft a couple OL to fight for the back up spot.

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dunigan doesn't go on a broadcast & say something like that unless he had it corroborated by others as well. What would he have to gain to disparage Lieghhio like that? Anyway, if his kick was straight & true then why did the Bombers dump him? He did all 3 phases of kicking. It would have been advantageous to keep him. 

Legghio said he hit it good, we saw other kicks in that game start left and finish good so I don't buy that we can tell it was a miss based on the kick traveling what? 5 yards? 

13 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Legghio said he hit it good, we saw other kicks in that game start left and finish good so I don't buy that we can tell it was a miss based on the kick traveling what? 5 yards? 

What do you expect him to say? That he missed it. Yeah, that'd play well with the fanbase. The guy's gonna say that to save his ass, Chances are he's never coming back so it seems dumb to argue about it anymore. 

21 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

What do you expect him to say? That he missed it. Yeah, that'd play well with the fanbase. The guy's gonna say that to save his ass, Chances are he's never coming back so it seems dumb to argue about it anymore. 

Well then just admit that you nor anyone else can definitively say whether that kick was missed or not. You dislike the guy because of a few misses throughout the year and are projecting that onto the blocked field goal. 

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

No way one team could do that, and not upset their apple cart and bastardize their line-up

That being said, if we were to lose those 3....trotting out at worst Bryant, Dobson, Eli, Neuf and Richmond as game one starters actually gives us likely an overall better....more nasty O-line than last yr, and we can sign in free agency another guy if we dont draft one to replace Kolo as the 6TH who is probably better and more versatile....so not too concerned there...That being said, not worried about Hardrick getting poached, and he's in no way shape or form considering retirement either

Hardrick and Gray won't be requiring huge boosts anyway to their salaries at this point....and any offer better than what our fair value would be isn't likely that big a gap regardless

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Well then just admit that you nor anyone else can definitively say whether that kick was missed or not. You dislike the guy because of a few misses throughout the year and are projecting that onto the blocked field goal. 

Like I said, he's gone. Not worth arguing anymore.