2023/2024 Blue Bombers Off-Season Thread (BRADY’S BACK! DALTON’S BACK!)

Noeller

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

A great guy to have both on and off the field. How the Riders ever lowballed him is beyond me.

Just a prime example of the difference with the two organizations, and why one is where it is now, and the other wallowing around where it is currently...

1 hour ago, Booch said:

Just a prime example of the difference with the two organizations, and why one is where it is now, and the other wallowing around where it is currently...

No doubt. Jeremy O'Day just doesn't have a clue....but hey...Corey Mace and Marc Mueller's rocket ship offence that doesn't throw beyond 4 yards will fix all the talent deficiencies they have. 

59 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

No doubt. Jeremy O'Day just doesn't have a clue....but hey...Corey Mace and Marc Mueller's rocket ship offence that doesn't throw beyond 4 yards will fix all the talent deficiencies they have. 

Trevor Harris has never piloted a rocket ship...what makes Mueller think a breaking down 38 yr old QB, coming off a significant knee/leg injury i all of a sudden going to morph into this rocketship style QB?....thats just so comical, and more just pandering to the toothless masses there trying to sell them a nice pipe dream

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

Trevor Harris has never piloted a rocket ship...what makes Mueller think a breaking down 38 yr old QB, coming off a significant knee/leg injury i all of a sudden going to morph into this rocketship style QB?....thats just so comical, and more just pandering to the toothless masses there trying to sell them a nice pipe dream

Harris 'a rocket ship type qb.'.....LOL.....shouldn't they be after MBT as their no 1.....He's more the extratrestrial type....waiting for the aliens to take him for a ride Mueller over there has it all wrong.............................Seriously , Harris was always just competent in my estimation....how he can become young again and a 'blast into space' kinda guy is going to be quite a feat....

15 minutes ago, Booch said:

What's even funnier is that for the first 8 games while Mueller was running his rocket ship last year, I don't think Maier attempted a pass beyond 8 yards. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but I do know in like 3 games preceding Mueller's demotion Maier had not attempted any passes beyond that. It's not like it was poor pass pro related either, Calgary has a pretty strong OL. It was just baffling to watch.

54 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

According to Riderfans, he's a slacker who takes games off regularly.

According to Riderfans Mace was the only candidate they truly considered even though we now know he got the job by default really after Milanovich and Buck both withdrew. Rider Stronson pretends not to be, but is the biggest O'Day apologist out there. When Dickenson was hired as HC he was touting it as a master stroke pulled off by the Riders because at least 2 other teams were about to offer him their HCing job. lmao. You can't make up stuff funnier than that.

Edited by GCn20

Just now, GCn20 said:

What's even funnier is that for the first 8 games while Mueller was running his rocket ship last year, I don't think Maier attempted a pass beyond 8 yards. Maybe that's an exaggeration, but I do know in like 3 games preceding Mueller's demotion Maier had not attempted any passes beyond that. It's not like it was poor pass pro related either, Calgary has a pretty strong OL. It was just baffling to watch.

So Harris is going to be an 'astro' realllllly short game type qb.....What a start

4 minutes ago, Stickem said:

So Harris is going to be an 'astro' realllllly short game type qb.....What a start

Realistically this is probably the only way he doesn't get injured, but it's not going to be a rocket ship unless they find the next generational YAC guy. When you hire an OC that makes Lapo look like a big risk taker it's going to be a tough slog.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

they don't even have a legit #1 style receiver on their roster either...every rocket ship needs at minimum 1 guy like that...

Bane can stretch a field a bit, but it doesn't matter if all he runs is check downs. They had Begelton in Calgary last year and the guy didn't produce a thing until Mueller got demoted then he was on fire after. It just can't be understated how poorly he ran his offence in Calgary last year with far superior talent than what he will have now. If I was a Rider fan right now I would be really scratching my head at this hire, but they seem thrilled with it.

Edited by GCn20

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

When does the 2023 season officially end for salary cap purposes? If we have money left on the cap, which would surprise me, when can we re-sign people and frontload their bonus into 2023? 

Everything seems to end December 31st.

If we want to hand out some 2023 bonuses, gotta be in the next few weeks. 

6 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Bane can stretch a field a bit, but it doesn't matter if all he runs is check downs. They had Begelton in Calgary last year and the guy didn't produce a thing until Mueller got demoted then he was on fire after. It just can't be understated how poorly he ran his offence in Calgary last year with far superior talent than what he will have now. If I was a Rider fan right now I would be really scratching my head at this hire, but they seem thrilled with it.

It's a name hire. Somehow thinking the magic of the past will somehow transfer to the present.