Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

1 hour ago, White Out said:

I really feel like last night damaged this team's legacy. I think that only increases the chance that they run it back

this should be the bell going off that they cant run it back as is....But bringing back all the oline pieces and a few prospects and select the 7 most dominant, and yes I include Bryant and Hardrick...as they were hardly an issue....U bring back the Jeffs...Lawson...Fox..Hansen....but you bring in legit guys to challenge Haba..Garbutt and Walker and then you roster the best of those guys and make your roster accommodate that...no ifs and or buts about it and get back to how we dominated games....all game...Thomas...gone..Schmeckle...never should have even been here..Bennett gone...too old already for what seems like no upside...dude hasnt progressed...at all...You target Bennet and Kongbo from the Hammer to fill those Canadian spots

Nothing next year should be handed or awarded, time to get some young hungry guys with energy...fresh and new to learn from the core we keep.....Biggie should not be back, as he won't be a force/factor for 2025.....Coach needs to make the Cal Murphy/Wally Bouno/Mathews type decision...Not the Dave Ritchie...I fell Cole is gonna be a stud, Clements really came on and is very versatile and young....both uber athletic and Wilson can be the vet now in that group, but we need real challengers in camp, and to keep 1 or two around, on PR and or as the DA's somewhere much like Cole and Clements were used

We seem to be able to find db's quite easily....We bring back Holm..Nichols, Parker, BA. and Rose, and I would say Lawrence too....Houston needs to be on the bubble and really round out his game, so he needs to beat out some new talent, and we need to bring in some guys with physicality and ability to consistently play a man game with route disruption...and let em all battle like the year we brought in Alford and Nichols

I like our receiver group as is, but I wanna see a true guy ...or 2 on the PR this year who can step in and actually be used...not stand around on sideline, or be ignored if he gets in....seen too much of that the past 2 yrs....

Our foot soldiers....I'd keep Hallett..Kelly...Exume...Karamoko....Gauthier...the rest can be easily replaced with a drafted kid who actually can contribute out side of teams....and with FA guys coming out of the entry level deals from other teams...there will be lots to chose from....And the Jackson thing needs to be eliminated...he is a raw 32 yr old import with zero upside on defence and teams, and his role on offence is laughable at best as the reason he was kept around

And if we are going to stick with an Import kicker, he needs to do all 3 jobs and free up another roster spot.....A DA kicker and a Global punter is poor use.....have one or the other do em all, or do what it takes to bring in a Hallelujha....

It's not wholesale by any means...but it's a few succession positions, and some scheme and roster things that need to get done...no more this hokey BS spin from Osh...

Now to QB....I kinda on the fence there. Is Brown the future...could be...I kinda was in doubt....but went back and watched some clips on him and more I look...more I like....I like the calmness...and he seems to be more assertive now than ZC and will take whats there more than force things.....and yeah ZC is gonna be 36 next year, 37 the following....Does anyone think he gonna be the guy for 2025...I cant see it...Tough decision time...Maybe have those talks with him now...see if he wants to end his career back in the Hammer....close to home....where he started....u never know, package him up for Bennett and or Kongbo now, and maybe a pick or two and give us the ability to negotiate before FA....and then we sign the Strev and Brown....base salary at half of what ZC was to get...but incentive built for starts, and bonuses...make em earn it....That would be a real good 1A/1B tandem...would eliminate the need for Prukopp and his higher salary than what a fresh faced rookie to develop would cost us

ZC since last yr has seemed a bit off, and not the wizard he was....is it age?...self doubt?...injury issues....fear of injury in his head?...dunno but something has changed there....He had a great 4 yrs here..will be honored for sure....but lots of guys in history had great runs, but u gotta move on...

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

As pissed as I am at Zach, make a play "dark side". Two years in a row you can't stop an inferior offense from taking the game from you. The Crum-back game was a warning sign, and the Dolegala labour day game was the clincher. In a close game, this defense can't be counted on anymore to get it done.

And the comments from Biggie and Schoen show both of them were as surprised they were playing as we were, so Oshea needs to explain to the rest of his roster and an entire city why those two guys feelings are more important.

that was my one fear...I knew Schoen was close...and very possible, but would be more limited....and it would basically hand cuff our roster more than it has been all yr....and well....it happened...MOS has been hand cuffing us all yr for no other reason than his personal bias...and was not for the better of the team.

Same with refusing to use the Nationalized rule...all damn yr...which would only have helped us in some situations this yr

4 minutes ago, Booch said:

this should be the bell going off that they cant run it back as is....But bringing back all the oline pieces and a few prospects and select the 7 most dominant, and yes I include Bryant and Hardrick...as they were hardly an issue....U bring back the Jeffs...Lawson...Fox..Hansen....but you bring in legit guys to challenge Haba..Garbutt and Walker and then you roster the best of those guys and make your roster accommodate that...no ifs and or buts about it and get back to how we dominated games....all game...Thomas...gone..Schmeckle...never should have even been here..Bennett gone...too old already for what seems like no upside...dude hasnt progressed...at all...You target Bennet and Kongbo from the Hammer to fill those Canadian spots

Nothing next year should be handed or awarded, time to get some young hungry guys with energy...fresh and new to learn from the core we keep.....Biggie should not be back, as he won't be a force/factor for 2025.....Coach needs to make the Cal Murphy/Wally Bouno/Mathews type decision...Not the Dave Ritchie...I fell Cole is gonna be a stud, Clements really came on and is very versatile and young....both uber athletic and Wilson can be the vet now in that group, but we need real challengers in camp, and to keep 1 or two around, on PR and or as the DA's somewhere much like Cole and Clements were used

We seem to be able to find db's quite easily....We bring back Holm..Nichols, Parker, BA. and Rose, and I would say Lawrence too....Houston needs to be on the bubble and really round out his game, so he needs to beat out some new talent, and we need to bring in some guys with physicality and ability to consistently play a man game with route disruption...and let em all battle like the year we brought in Alford and Nichols

I like our receiver group as is, but I wanna see a true guy ...or 2 on the PR this year who can step in and actually be used...not stand around on sideline, or be ignored if he gets in....seen too much of that the past 2 yrs....

Our foot soldiers....I'd keep Hallett..Kelly...Exume...Karamoko....Gauthier...the rest can be easily replaced with a drafted kid who actually can contribute out side of teams....and with FA guys coming out of the entry level deals from other teams...there will be lots to chose from....And the Jackson thing needs to be eliminated...he is a raw 32 yr old import with zero upside on defence and teams, and his role on offence is laughable at best as the reason he was kept around

And if we are going to stick with an Import kicker, he needs to do all 3 jobs and free up another roster spot.....A DA kicker and a Global punter is poor use.....have one or the other do em all, or do what it takes to bring in a Hallelujha....

It's not wholesale by any means...but it's a few succession positions, and some scheme and roster things that need to get done...no more this hokey BS spin from Osh...

Now to QB....I kinda on the fence there. Is Brown the future...could be...I kinda was in doubt....but went back and watched some clips on him and more I look...more I like....I like the calmness...and he seems to be more assertive now than ZC and will take whats there more than force things.....and yeah ZC is gonna be 36 next year, 37 the following....Does anyone think he gonna be the guy for 2025...I cant see it...Tough decision time...Maybe have those talks with him now...see if he wants to end his career back in the Hammer....close to home....where he started....u never know, package him up for Bennett and or Kongbo now, and maybe a pick or two and give us the ability to negotiate before FA....and then we sign the Strev and Brown....base salary at half of what ZC was to get...but incentive built for starts, and bonuses...make em earn it....That would be a real good 1A/1B tandem...would eliminate the need for Prukopp and his higher salary than what a fresh faced rookie to develop would cost us

ZC since last yr has seemed a bit off, and not the wizard he was....is it age?...self doubt?...injury issues....fear of injury in his head?...dunno but something has changed there....He had a great 4 yrs here..will be honored for sure....but lots of guys in history had great runs, but u gotta move on...

I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water on Zac quite yet, but I think we gotta figure out how to keep Brown for sure.

9 hours ago, Jesse said:

That's a hindsight call. Lawler was open and the defensive play was spectacular.

You don't throw short when got open guy in the endzone. But the D is paid to make plays too. 

Nothing wrong with the read to Lawler, he just didn't get the ball out there far enough. If he puts it where it should go, the DB can't make that play. The route isn't designed for Lawler to be stopped and waiting for the ball.

15 minutes ago, Slimy Sculpin said:

I wasn't aware of their comments. Can you elaborate?

Early in the week I didn’t even pack a bag,” said Bighill. “(Brad) Fotty (equipment manager) packed a bag for me, I really didn’t give myself much of a chance at playing. It was a pretty miraculous week with Al (Couture, head athletic therapist) and doc, and the team rehabbing. Yeah, it was pretty miraculous.”

Schoen declined to go into the severity of his ankle, but he was clearly far from 100 per cent as he was limited to three catches for 36 yards. Bighill tried to tough it out but couldn’t play the entire game on defence and ended with one tackle.

“It’s frustrating when it’s the most important game of the season, the biggest game of my career, and I wasn’t able to practise for the last few weeks going into that,” said Schoen, who hadn’t participated since going down on Oct. 6. “But you know, I was super grateful for the opportunity to play. The training staff here did an amazing job to get me ready, or at least, ready enough to get out there and be on the field. I don’t know many coaches out there that would be OK with a player not practising for six weeks and then throwing him in for a championship game. Coach believes in us as players, so, I really appreciate him.”

10 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Early in the week I didn’t even pack a bag,” said Bighill. “(Brad) Fotty (equipment manager) packed a bag for me, I really didn’t give myself much of a chance at playing. It was a pretty miraculous week with Al (Couture, head athletic therapist) and doc, and the team rehabbing. Yeah, it was pretty miraculous.”

Schoen declined to go into the severity of his ankle, but he was clearly far from 100 per cent as he was limited to three catches for 36 yards. Bighill tried to tough it out but couldn’t play the entire game on defence and ended with one tackle.

“It’s frustrating when it’s the most important game of the season, the biggest game of my career, and I wasn’t able to practise for the last few weeks going into that,” said Schoen, who hadn’t participated since going down on Oct. 6. “But you know, I was super grateful for the opportunity to play. The training staff here did an amazing job to get me ready, or at least, ready enough to get out there and be on the field. I don’t know many coaches out there that would be OK with a player not practising for six weeks and then throwing him in for a championship game. Coach believes in us as players, so, I really appreciate him.”

those comments right there...says it all...Thanks Osh....good god

12 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

That bolded part is simply someone in a management role who doesn’t want to do the hard parts of his job. 

Seriously, does MOS think this is a ******* Disney movie? 

How can you think like that as a pro head coach? When the mantra has been process and preparation for nearly a bloody decade. Actually JFC. 

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

That bolded part is simply someone in a management role who doesn’t want to do the hard parts of his job. 

Seriously, does MOS think this is a ******* Disney movie? 

How can you think like that as a pro head coach? When the mantra has been process and preparation for nearly a bloody decade. Actually JFC. 

thats just inexcusable for a professional coach...like wtf....

1 minute ago, Booch said:

thats just inexcusable for a professional coach...like wtf....

I’m still pissed off, but after reading that, like ****. I’ve always said I wouldn’t trade MOS for any other coach in the league. 

I don’t think that anymore. I’d take Rick Campbell with the talent we have now. 

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Might be time for the Bombers to look to the future and not just next year and not just at the Qb position. 

Yup. Gotta take a long hard look at who’s getting paid and why. 

I see Hansen as a guy being mentioned who maybe could have got more run, but when he did play this season he was a total non-factor.  First year back off achilles but another guy who is getting up there and might never what he was in his prime.

There's a lot of guys who count as Internationals out there and I hope we don't hamstring ourselves there either.

The problem with believing in those guys who were too busted up to even chance aggravating the injury in warm-up is what are you communicating to the other half of the team?

We better not hear "next man up" or the like coming out of that locker room because it's not a philosophy they are following when it actually matters.

4 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I see Hansen as a guy being mentioned who maybe could have got more run, but when he did play this season he was a total non-factor.  First year back off achilles but another guy who is getting up there and might never what he was in his prime.

There's a lot of guys who count as Internationals out there and I hope we don't hamstring ourselves there either.

The problem with believing in those guys who were too busted up to even chance aggravating the injury in warm-up is what are you communicating to the other half of the team?

We better not hear "next man up" or the like coming out of that locker room because it's not a philosophy they are following when it actually matters.

and If they were all apparently "Number 1's" as Osh boasted all year...well then we should have had no issue slotting the other guys in, instead of hamstringing our roster even further...In the bloody Grey Cup of all games...I just can't get over the stupidity of this, and the fact it went on in various forms all damn yr...and nobody dragged Osh on carpet and asked about it, and how the majority around these parts didnt see it, or didn't wanna believe it...cause we won Grey Cups...well they now 3 yrs in the rear view, and if things don't change with how he coaches...soon to be 4...6...10

8 hours ago, CodyT said:

This is what drives me the most insane about tonight. He called a perfect game a week ago.

He knows what he's doing. He knows Fajardo sucks. I can't understand what was going through his mind tonight. 

The Bombers both O and D were very vanilla. Hardly any play action or backfield motion, no methodical stretching of the defence, and our D was just plain jane. It's as if we figured we could play an ultra low risk game and win. Kinda disrespected Montreal a bit in our game planning imo.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

its a lot of scratch tho for an aging QB...who is showing signs of decline

For sure....but for the coming season we need him still and if Brown in the heir apparent then decisions can be made during the season.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

ZC couldn't find open receivers for some reason and his dancing feet was on display all game long

We had 3 receivers hobbling around out there not getting open. It's not all on Zac. Schoen could barely run his routes except in a straight line.

Just now, Booch said:

Kinda did...a useless Biggie...No use of Hansen at all.....and then that led to less use of Cole Clements like when Bigie went out....

Doesn't mean much but weren't u pretty convinced biggie n schoen would play a make a big difference? Well turns out Biggie did, just in the opposite way we all expected. 

Honestly tho, oshea let injured players play. Is that a reason to let him go? 

1 minute ago, Booch said:

Kinda did...a useless Biggie...No use of Hansen at all.....and then that led to less use of Cole Clements like when Bigie went out....

For sure. Biggie should have sat. However, we gave CoFaj time in the pocket and even a noodle arm like him will have a field day with time. That's not on the roster management, we just came in with a very vanilla defensive scheme that didn't disrupt CoFaj.

Just now, Goalie said:

Doesn't mean much but weren't u pretty convinced biggie n schoen would play a make a big difference? Well turns out Biggie did, just in the opposite way we all expected. 

No. MOS is still the best coach in the CFL. He needs to reflect on some mistakes this offseason tho.

Just now, Goalie said:

I said I heard/figured Schoen would....worried me that Biggie may play...that being said.....If not 100 percent...with Schoen then why......In my experience if you cant do what you normally do at least to 90%....u sit....that wasnt the case...if they were 90% it would have been fine....they weren't

Just now, GCn20 said:

For sure. Biggie should have sat. However, we gave CoFaj time in the pocket and even a noodle arm like him will have a field day with time. That's not on the roster management, we just came in with a very vanilla defensive scheme that didn't disrupt CoFaj.

Yes. In reality Halls play calling left lots to be desired. We weren't aggressive on D or O really. Almost seems like we thought once we were winning,  Montreal wasn't gonna win 

Honestly it seems like we took Montreal lightly. Thought it would be an easy W 

1 minute ago, GCn20 said:

I'd say Rose off..hurt us big...Biggie on...Hurt us big....No legit end to spell of the Jeff's...Hurt us big...Jackson in lieu of Fox...whiom we saw was very disruptive in 2 games and would have been major fresh....hurt us big....thats roster mamagenent

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Yes. In reality Halls play calling left lots to be desired. We weren't aggressive on D or O really. Almost seems like we thought once we were winning,  Montreal wasn't gonna win 

That's the problem.  They believed the hype and it bit them in the ass again.  Happens a lot with this team.  Should be an easy win and they halfass it and lose.

Just now, Goalie said:

I think when we got the 10 point lead that we kind of dumbed everything down and thought we would just cruise to the W. We've done that a few times this year with bad results every time.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

I found both the offensive and defensive play calling to be very vanilla. No imagination, no wrinkles, just blah. Didnt force the Alouettes to think or react. Just a garbage called game all around. Got out-coached big time.

Offence was vanilla because we chose to dress 3 receivers who were less than 100 percent, and not use one on roster at all who could have made a difference..BOLO...and we didnt dress a back-up receiver just in case...either Ambles or Alston....why have them if u wont use them due to injury...so we basically shaved our playbook in half as to what we could do...maybe even a third

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The O was going to be a slog to play ball control.

The D was inexcusable.  Fajardo has the ability to do exactly one thing as a passer which is to get the ball out quick/toss up those 50/50 balls.  You can't leave yourself exposed to giving receivers chances to make plays on inaccurate tosses by running so much cover 0/1, basically man coverage the entire game.  Further, there's not even a point of rushing 6-7 guys if they are always in max protect.  Sure if they are going to only leave 5 in you might be able to disrupt timing but they clearly were going to hunker down.