Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT

CFL-2022-July-15-Winnipeg-Blue-Bombers-v 

And the skinny from our man Tait:

Scene setter: 

The Blue Bombers (7-2) and Stampeders (3-6) reached the midway point of the season last week moving in opposite directions. Winnipeg is on a three-game heater since the shocking collapse in Ottawa, including last week’s 38-29 win in Edmonton in which Dru Brown came off the bench to throw for 300 yards and four TDs – erasing a 22-0 deficit in the process. The Stamps, meanwhile, have lost three of their last four, including last week’s 37-9 mauling by the B.C. Lions.

The big news heading into this one is Brown getting the start for Zach Collaros, who did not practice all week.

The Basics

Kickoff: Friday, 8 p.m. CDT; McMahon Stadium, Calgary
TV: TSN; RDS 2
U.S. and international live streaming: https://www.cfl.ca/plus
Radio: 680 CJOB
Last meeting: July 7, 2023, at IG Field: Winnipeg 24 Calgary 11. Winnipeg has won four straight against the Stamps dating to 2021 and eight of the last 10 meetings. The Blue Bombers are 3-1 on the road this year. Calgary is 1-3 at home this season.
PlayNow odds:  The Blue Bombers are favoured by six points. For more betting options on this game, click here.

More in link

https://www.bluebombers.com/2023/08/17/game-preview-wpg-at-cgy-2/

F3vQWJUb0AAjAF7?format=jpg&name=large

F3vwlwaaIAAvT-0?format=jpg&name=medium

F3vwlwcacAAFCt4?format=jpg&name=medium

Let's. *******. Go.

winnipeg-blue-bombers-blue-bombers.gif

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

That game against Calgary when it was here was a bit of a dud tbh.  I don't think any team was particularly dominant.   Brady O got many of his yards in the 4th quarter.  Prior to that, neither offence looked particularly good.  

Anyways, hope the boys come out firing on all cylinders, and Dru has another great game! #forthew

22 minutes ago, Dodge and Burn said:

Refs better be watching every interaction Awe has with Brown. 

After last weeks failure with the refs, CC, and whatever is responsible for dispensing fines... I am wholly expecting them to be making sure to be looking the other way or literally staring at a heinous unnecessary roughness play... and just stare right through the blatant penalty.

I have ZERO faith in the officiating. 

17 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Yeah it's crazy, something close to 99% of the time the team that scores more points wins.

I've heard....and gotta look into it further, but when you seem to score more points, give up less than you score, generally you win...if you don't then I think something is wrong with something

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Have been so engrossed with the wildfire news in Kelowna that I almost forgot there is a game tonight. Will be looking forward to a positive distraction and some broken stallions needing to be taken out back and shot after breaking their ankles trying to catch up...

Yeah, it's been popping up like crazy on all my alerts. I hope @kelownabomberfan is ok. I am a little worried about him. 

I'm not starting anything here but the o sure looked efficient last week with Dru at the helm. Outside of the bc ass whooping I'd say the most efficient all year 

Again not starting anything but I'm curious if Zach tends to improvise more than Dru. 

Again zach is the man tho

Edited by Goalie

My wife asked me about going to that before the game if only to take in the BBQ that they're doing, and my response was a hard "mehhhhhhh"….... **** that 1998 team. **** the 1998 season. What we were then is basically what is happening to the TiCats this season.

3 hours ago, WBBFanWest said:

As is so often the case, the key to winning this game will be the final score,

That's Deep.

59 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I'm not starting anything here but the o sure looked efficient last week with Dru at the helm. Outside of the bc ass whooping I'd say the most efficient all year 

Again not starting anything but I'm curious if Zach tends to improvise more than Dru. 

Again zach is the man tho

I have said this to a few people and they agreed.  Zach does try to do to much.  The guy has brought 2 Grey Cups so I'm not going to crap on him too hard, but it is evident he tries to make plays happen.  Last week that interception from Purifoy was completely unnecessary.   It's just the competitive man he is and I am glad he is our QB.  

10 minutes ago, captaincanuck12 said:

I have said this to a few people and they agreed.  Zach does try to do to much.  The guy has brought 2 Grey Cups so I'm not going to crap on him too hard, but it is evident he tries to make plays happen.  Last week that interception from Purifoy was completely unnecessary.   It's just the competitive man he is and I am glad he is our QB.  

That is the Collaros magic: play breaks down and Zach pulls a rabbit outta thin air. 

Bonus: Every time you play that clip- an Angel get's it's wings.

Edited by Wanna-B-Fanboy

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

My wife asked me about going to that before the game if only to take in the BBQ that they're doing, and my response was a hard "mehhhhhhh"….... **** that 1998 team. **** the 1998 season. What we were then is basically what is happening to the TiCats this season.

We were worse. Something like 0-10 to start the season and 3-15 overall. Troy Kopp leading the comeback to beat the Riders for win 1 was sweet though.