Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT

8 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

Chilly in Cowtown tonight. Might be wet too, could be a running battle.

I like our chances with that.....even tho we still way too lean on defensive front, I think with BO pounding it, and sprinkling in a bit more than usual misdirection and sweep plays...we should control the L.O.S and the game

3 hours ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Yeah, it's been popping up like crazy on all my alerts. I hope @kelownabomberfan is ok. I am a little worried about him. 

hey guys - we got out of West Kelowna last night after spending the day packing up our vehicles with stuff and as of right now have no idea if our house is still standing.  Meanwhile now half of Kelowna is also on fire.  We were able to find a place to stay in Vernon but if the fires get this far north our next stop in Calgary.  Right now I feel like I am in the movie Twister or something.  Anyway, good to have a Bomber game to distract me, as there literally is nothing we can do but wait this out and see what happens.

Thanks for checking in KBF.... Legit concerned when we hadn't heard from you today. 

Cold at McMahon right now... +8 says my phone. Windy too. But... No rain YET. So every guy in his right mind is in sleeves and pants..... Except Osh in shorts. The set on that guy ....

4 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

hey guys - we got out of West Kelowna last night after spending the day packing up our vehicles with stuff and as of right now have no idea if our house is still standing.  Meanwhile now half of Kelowna is also on fire.  We were able to find a place to stay in Vernon but if the fires get this far north our next stop in Calgary.  Right now I feel like I am in the movie Twister or something.  Anyway, good to have a Bomber game to distract me, as there literally is nothing we can do but wait this out and see what happens.

I’ve been watching the different feeds on Castenet all day and am in constant contact with our staff there. The structure fires are doing the typical, you burn, not you or you but yeah you look good to me. Know of one fire fighter whose house burned while he was working this morning but the one next door was fine (the house that survived belongs to our manager’s FIL). 
I’ve seen footage of boats at the end of docks catch an ember and burn. 

Glad to know you are safe, the first to be evacuated and leave may end up being the luckiest in this disaster. 

1 minute ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We definitely could use a ton of rain here right now.  But without the wind.  The wind is just killing us.

Just brutal.  Glad to hear you are safe and hope for the best.  Hope everyone else gets the hell out of the path and doesn't act stubborn about it.  Sucks to lose stuff but need your life.

3 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

We definitely could use a ton of rain here right now.  But without the wind.  The wind is just killing us.

Without question, although the wind directions is changing so much this afternoon that one must assume the fire is intense enough that it is creating its own weather systems now. 

5 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Glad to hear you guys are doing all right.

yeah right now Vernon is still a long way from where the fires are burning but at the first sight of more fire I am heading for Alberta.  Kelowna could go up tonight if the wind doesn't change direction.  Right now the entire UBCO campus has been evacuated.

33 minutes ago, Geebrr said:

FYI - Michael Ball is putting it out there that he believes Collaros actually has a concussion, not an injured neck.

Pure speculation , pure garbage, classic Michael Ball who is a functional moron (barely).

I'd say high functioning moron...but he's a tooly doucher in top of the moron

1 hour ago, Geebrr said:

FYI - Michael Ball is putting it out there that he believes Collaros actually has a concussion, not an injured neck.

Pure speculation , pure garbage, classic Michael Ball who is a functional moron (barely).

I’ve never had a concussion (at least that I am aware of lol) but I’ve also never seen a concussion from a hit like that. He didn’t get hit helmet to helmet or smack his head on the ground which typically leads to a concussion. Looked like he twisted his neck. So not sure what Ballsey is talking about. 

2 minutes ago, Bomber_fanaddict said:

I’ve never had a concussion (at least that I am aware of lol) but I’ve also never seen a concussion from a hit like that. He didn’t get hit helmet to helmet or smack his head on the ground which typically leads to a concussion. Looked like he twisted his neck. So not sure what Ballsey is talking about. 

He is a moron. 

He is wrong about everything. 

Edited by Geebrr