Week 11 - Blue Bombers (7-2) @ stumps(3-6) - GDT

One of the best ideas the XFL had was a “Team 9” that was essentially a league practice roster which was to develop both coaches and players who  aren’t currently employed and to have players ready to sign with good scouting.

Personally to me it’s a no-brainer for the CFL to do something like this to develop Canadians, Globals, QBs and give some younger coaches experience too.  You have say the last 4-5 cuts from each team continuing to develop instead of going home and then when teams need to sign guys they are still around and easily accessible.

Tall Qbs( Cornelius,Dolegada) rarely work in the CFL cause the NFL focus on these kind of Qbs and we get the dregs left over. The only one that got overlooked was Ray .( The NFL thought his passing was weak or looked weak) 

Edited by bb1

How would we rank the current "starting QB" for each team as of this week? Is this accurate:

1. Chad Kelly
  2. VAJ
  3. Dru Brown
  4. Jake Maier McCheese
  5. Dustin Crum
  6. Tre Ford
  7. Caleb Evans
  8. Taylor Powell
  9. Jake Dolegala (too unknown to rank)

It is a pretty sad state of affairs at the moment. Dru Brown would definitely help some of those teams on the bottom end. I can accept that argument that playing for the Bombers makes Dru Brown look better. But I also have no doubt that at this point he would be an improvement over any of the bottom 3, maybe 4 guys on that list.

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

One of the best ideas the XFL had was a “Team 9” that was essentially a league practice roster which was to develop both coaches and players who  aren’t currently employed and to have players ready to sign with good scouting.

Personally to me it’s a no-brainer for the CFL to do something like this to develop Canadians, Globals, QBs and give some younger coaches experience too.  You have say the last 4-5 cuts from each team continuing to develop instead of going home and then when teams need to sign guys they are still around and easily accessible.

Thats a great idea. Maybe two small roster teams and they play every two weeks or some thing. A good chance for nis to develop. Maybe let each team have 2 2 way guys too. Not protected more than pr guys. 

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Maybe the league needs to add a free pr spot just for QBs. Maybe the salary cap should have a separate number for all qbs. Or maybe we need a higher salary floor for qbs. 
 One thing is clear, you can’t trust or depend on teams to prioritize and develop young qbs in the cfl right now.  

One option is to increase the SMS by 80 to 100k and add a non-roster position for a 4th quaterback. 

The CFL is competing with the USFL and XFL for talent and need to offer more than practice roster pay to attract quality guys.

39 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

One option is to increase the SMS by 80 to 100k and add a non-roster position for a 4th quaterback. 

The CFL is competing with the USFL and XFL for talent and need to offer more than practice roster pay to attract quality guys.

I’d be up for that. Any thing really. My thought is if we up the floor, separate QBs from the cap and or take the extra qb off we could really push out the other leagues with cost. They don’t pay QBs much at all. If we lock all QBs into say a minimum of 150k it would be hard to get QBs for those leagues at 50k. 

9 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I was camping and missed the game. Sounds like delete this one off the PVR?

Thanks to a family camping trip, I managed to avoid witnessing this stinker of a game. Our previous family outing happened to overlap with the dreadful inaugural game against BC. It seems like my son has a knack for scheduling, almost like he's clairvoyant! 😂