Around The NHL 2023-24

On 2023-12-22 at 5:07 PM, Noeller said:

Good for Thomas Milic getting the call to the Spengler. Still have hope he'll be an NHL goaltender for the Jets one day...

Weird going to Spengler tho. Where ex-NHLers go to die....er play.

On 2023-12-22 at 4:59 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Rosters - Canada - 2023 Spengler Cup (hockeycanada.ca)

Spengler Cup roster announced.  Still no Nic Petan.  Oh well, maybe next year.

He's only 28, still got 10 more years.

Poached from an article on TSN quoting Hartman:

“On my Ehlers suspension, Ehlers runs Kirill behind the net, so I make a hard, clean hit on Ehlers after I have the puck".

Roll tape please.

F'ing guy.

Listen our players are not saints either (Dillion etc) but geez man, it's really hard listening to you rationalize your play.

You went after Ehlers in retribution for his hit on one of your teammates but no balls to go after Dillion in retribution but instead go after a guy like CF. FFS.

I'm really beginning to dislike this Minnesota team.   

14 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Poached from an article on TSN quoting Hartman:

“On my Ehlers suspension, Ehlers runs Kirill behind the net, so I make a hard, clean hit on Ehlers after I have the puck".

Roll tape please.

F'ing guy.

Listen our players are not saints either (Dillion etc) but geez man, it's really hard listening to you rationalize your play.

You went after Ehlers in retribution for his hit on one of your teammates but no balls to go after Dillion in retribution but instead go after a guy like CF. FFS.

I'm really beginning to dislike this Minnesota team.   

I've hated them for years along with St. Louis. Both of them play dirty hockey.

I have a hard time caring enough about an American team to actually HATE them that much (I reserve my hate for Canadian teams like Calgary or Vancouver...mostly because of their "fan"-bases) but Minnesota is starting to climb the charts..........

16 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

LOL - this is a video of Blake Wheeler getting his butt kicked by some guy on the Blackhawks.  Not sure why it is "Age restricted".

Cause at 37 you should probably not be fighting :D

Good for Blake but bad decision. 

20 hours ago, bb1 said:

The strange case of Cutter Gauthier..i thought it was only Canadian teams that had to put up with this, different rumours from being a Penguins fan to not wanting to play for Torts...weird.https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/flyers-president-jones-says-gauthier-didnt-want-to-be-a-flyer/

Seems pretty lame to me.  Imagine if Kyle Connor had acted like this...or Jacob Trou...never mind...

On 1/9/2024 at 6:41 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

Seems pretty lame to me.  Imagine if Kyle Connor had acted like this...or Jacob Trou...never mind...

Trouba didn’t.  We got 7 years out of him. The irony in all this is Gauthier likely would have signed here over Philly. 

why? Cuz he’s from Pittsburgh and was a pens fan growing up.  That’s the reason he didn’t wanna sign. 

16 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Even before this latest situation, hard pass.

If he’s sober his playoff experience and presence prob wouldn’t be the worst idea. Don’t think he’s a TNSE character guy tho. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

why? Cuz he’s from Pittsburgh and was a pens fan growing up.  That’s the reason he didn’t wanna sign. 

If that was the real reason why he wouldn't sign then the kid is a  moron and I wouldn't want a diva like him on my team.        I'd hope it was for other reasons why he wouldn't sign.