Around The NHL 2023-24

11 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Jets have been valued at $925 million. We are one of the smallest markets of the the 4 Big Leagues... With the smallest arena. Unbelievable. 

But one of the busiest arenas owned by the same group 

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He was. 5k. 

This whole Corey Perry/Connor Bedard story really is getting weirder by the day....rumors on Twitter that he hit on Bedard's mom?  I don't know.  What a way to end a career anyway....

Blackhawks say Corey Perry engaged in unacceptable conduct and move to terminate his contract

CHICAGO (AP) — The Chicago Blackhawks said Corey Perry engaged in unacceptable conduct and took a step Tuesday toward terminating his contract, the latest twist involving the veteran winger who was mysteriously scratched and sent home last week without explanation.

The Blackhawks in a statement said an internal investigation showed Perry acted in violation of his NHL Standard Player Contract and their club policies "intended to promote professional and safe work environments." Chicago put Perry on unconditional waivers and said his deal will be terminated as long as he clears Wednesday.

The team has not given any indication as to what Perry did to warrant these actions. General manager Kyle Davidson on Saturday said Perry would be away from the Blackhawks for the foreseeable future.

“It’s been a team decision so far to hold him out, and that’s about all I’m able to provide,” Davidson said at the time. Davidson is set to address Perry's situation at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Agent Pat Morris did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment on the Blackhawks' intent to terminate Perry's contract. Over the weekend, he said in a statement that Perry had stepped away to attend to personal matters.

Perry, 38, signed a $2 million contract with Chicago for this season with $2 million in potential incentives. An 18-year veteran known for his leadership, the Peterborough, Ontario, native won the Stanley Cup with Anaheim in 2007 and became the first player in league history to reach the final three consecutive years and lose each time with Dallas, Montreal and Tampa Bay from 2020-22.

The Blackhawks brought in Perry and fellow forwards Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno to surround No. 1 pick and 18-year-old face of the franchise Connor Bedard with experienced players who could show him the ropes in professional hockey. Perry is on his way out of the organization after 16 games, while Hall is out for the season after undergoing surgery to repair a torn ACL in his right knee.

Blackhawks say Corey Perry engaged in unacceptable conduct and move to terminate his contract (msn.com)

Edited by kelownabomberfan

For what it's worth and it's worth could be in question considering the track record of this organization.

Excerpt taken from a story from Matt Carlson Hockey News:

'Davidson confirmed law enforcement was not involved and Perry's actions were not criminal.

Yet the NHL's youngest GM choked up and seemed to be fighting back tears.

Davidson did say, however, that whatever Perry did "certainly didn't mesh with the background we received.

"To be honest, I think over the last 24 hours, what’s gone on has been very disturbing and I feel like I’m wearing it," he added. "I’m carrying that. It’s just tough to see."

Refutes Rumors

But in a rebuke to unfounded rumors on social media, Davidson was clear.

"This does not involve any players or their families," he said. "And anything that suggests otherwise, or anyone that suggests otherwise, is wildly inaccurate and frankly it’s disgusting."

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

"This does not involve any players or their families," he said. "And anything that suggests otherwise, or anyone that suggests otherwise, is wildly inaccurate and frankly it’s disgusting."

This was pretty unequivocal. If it is what the rumours suggest, then he wears this forever. But, if not, what else could Corey Perry have done to get himself released? He's a dirty player but I don't think I've heard too many issues about his behaviour outside the locker room. 

I just wonder where the rumours came from?