Bombers vs Als - Canada day weekend edition

The Zipp

2 hours ago, LXTSN said:

I would actually argue the complete opposite. 

He consistantly whiffs on blocks or gets bowled over blocking for the run game. 

However, he did actually make a tackle on punt cover last week, but I'd much rather have Cole there when he is back to 100%

Jackson? No he doesn’t lol. 

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

Brad Muhammad to SAM?

Low key chance of ba back to sam and an ni in at S. that said ba isn’t the same cover guy he used to be. It might be good for him long term to get him out of that sell out for hits mode. 
secondary will really depend on who is actually healthy  could be ugly though  

7 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Jackson? No he doesn’t lol. 

Low key chance of ba back to sam and an ni in at S. that said ba isn’t the same cover guy he used to be. It might be good for him long term to get him out of that sell out for hits mode. 
secondary will really depend on who is actually healthy  could be ugly though  

I am more worried about Montreal's run game. - Stanback is a load at over 230Lbs and from what I hear has improved his speed etc. The bombers will need to somehow shut him down as much as possible. Our run defense has never really been that great at times.

3 minutes ago, BBRT said:

I am more worried about Montreal's run game. - Stanback is a load at over 230Lbs and from what I hear has improved his speed etc. The bombers will need to somehow shut him down as much as possible. Our run defense has never really been that great at times.

I love stanback as a runner. He’s a beast. The way to beat him is in pass pro and when he runs routes. He has terrible hands and pass pro. 
 Idk if he’s still the same guy he wasn’t that guy last year but who knows. 
the way to defend the run, which we actually did really well vs bc until the game was out of hand, is on the dl. If Lawson is healthy that’s huge. We need to see more of fox and less of walker, though we can use him to spell an end of jeffcoat isn’t on the roster. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

Jeff Hamilton says McRae has officially been bumped to the active roster for this week and that both he and Oliveira will play Saturday.

I think he's the missing release valve we need when teams pressure us like the Lions did.

Hopefully if the Als try and do the same thing, we can make them pay early. 

Swaray still starting is worrisome. Listing Eli as a g and Dobson as a c is silly. Should’ve naturalized American’d jeffcoat and started haba but of course we aren’t doing that. Kramdi is listed as a starter and gtd over Darby. Also list Agudosi on the ar with mccrae. 8 WRs for 5 spots, with maybe no back up db or imp dt. 
 I am excited to see Lawson and jeffcoat come back in on dl. 

Mostly positive changes this week! Hopefully Demski can play so Darby can start for us as well. 

Nice to have all these guys back on the AR. Lawson is also an underated addition, he is HUGE for the run stop. 

Let's see some nice plays utilizing McCray and get Eli involved in some pulling blocking schemes. 

For those wondering - Demski's fiancee is due to give birth any time now, and that's why he's a GTD. Apparently Agudosi gets his spot if Demmer can't go. Lots of us have Dsmski in the LOTW....... Not sure what to do about that just yet...

Edited by Noeller

pff/cfl.ca

Montreal Alouettes (80.4 offensive grade, 68.4 defensive grade)

Key area: 91.5 passing grade

Quarterback Cody Fajardo was the highest graded offensive player in Week 3 and together with wide receivers Austin Mack and Kaion Julien-Grant they finished as the No. 1 passing offence.

Fajardo averaged 11.7 passing yards per attempt and completed 76 per cent of his passes, both league-best in Week 3.

Edited by Mark F

2 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

I'm a little worried about no Demski possibly.

I think McCrae is a solid replacement for him, but the American status causes a problem if Kramdi can't play. 

I wouldn't mind Lawson over walker or Oleary-Orange over Augudosi if he isn't healty

I guess addition of Mcrae is the go to in Demski's spot if he cant go....tho not sure how we working ratio for that....guess Kramdi for Darby??....and why Osh refuses to use the Nationlized rule is baffling...especially on a week like this....Ibelieve u are allowed 1 on each side of the ball. On offence using it on Grant is such a waste and lame...as he rarely takes reps on offence, and even so...If he is in it's pretty obvious he's in on the play

Also not sure why we feel the need right now for that extra O-lineman when we are lean as hell in some spots, and could use some roster flex....once again...Bizzare roster management

That being said best DE roster all year, especially if Jeffcoat is 100% and can stay in lineup...would rather see Fox and Lawson as the defacto starting tackles....see what he has in a heavy workload...we know what Walker brings...then if they choose to dress only one going forward pick the best

7 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Love the dline additions.

Nice to see to no American FB rostered. Eli going to play some FB?

Maybe Fox gets back on if they know Demski will play and they can take Agudosi off?

This is exactly what I'd love to see!

Great to see our D line back in shape....Jeffcoat returning is huge....As far as the opposition goes.....watch out for this Mack guy .......Seems to be a fav target of faj....have to take that away and bottle up Stanback....Should make for an interesting game